Jordan Retro 18 "White/Sport" $225 January 2018

Was able to scoop a Sz 13 hoping I can Sz Swap for a 11.5. These bring back a lot of memories to my 8th grade year lol. Also MJ hit that fadeaway in the 2003 all star game wearing these. He retired from the Wizards in these to. Quality feels real good on this retro. Would of been nice to get the OG box and towel for this $225 retail tag.
IMG_6748.JPG

Maybe the white/red and/or black royal comes with the OG box, towel, and suede brush

Why is everyone so sad about the towel? Is it a collectors thing or was it a special kind of sports towel?

Collectors stuff and nostalgia. We want OG all when a shoe is retroed...especially when it has $50 markup. For example 8 years from now I would be pissed if green Gatorade 6 didn't come in the orange box and with the towel.

The retro seems to be SUPER close to the OG already in terms of overall look, tech and leather so the retro not coming with the towel I'm okay with. It's a small exclusion despite price hike. I personally think they should've included something else with the shoes like a tech manual or retro card instead.

My older cousin gave me a ds og pair back in the day but they were to big

i gave them to my step pops and he rocked the issh out of em :smokin

i wanted a pair for my self this time but jb hit us with that $225 price tag

MJ really loved playing in that shoe and colorway. As soon as Kuerbis got him a sample he ditched the XVII+ and wore these (late Nov ‘02). As mentioned above he also wore these during the ASG, even though the Black/Royal released that weekend (white/royal dropped late March ‘03). He never wore the Blacks on court and only wore the White/Reds a couple times when the Wizards wore their alternate ‘Bullets’ uni.

Fun fact...He was actually going to wear the black pair in the All Star Game but Kevin Garnett hounded him all weekend long for the shoes...Mike relented before the game and handed them over...

A628B858-CF7B-41B2-B1BD-2EB538D8FA55.jpeg

Wasn't KG with Adidas or And1 at the time?

And1 if I remember correctly...

Brand commitments had no bearing on him wanting the sneakers...He never wore the things in game so it wouldn’t have mattered anyway...He was just a fan wanting a keepsake to mark Mike’s last All Star Game...

And1 if I remember correctly...

Brand commitments had no bearing on him wanting the sneakers...He never wore the things in game so it wouldn’t have mattered anyway...He was just a fan wanting a keepsake to mark Mike’s last All Star Game...
Why would he hound MJ for them before the game though?

I'm hoping for the White/Red and Black/Suede in the coming months. Maybe September or October. Then maybe 17s or 19s or the rest of the 16s.

I️ got a ds black/royal pair in a trade back in 2013 and unfortunately ended up selling them to somebody on here shortly after because I️ was a broke college kid and needed money.

The OGs are 15 year old and arent they at risk of falling apart?

Hey buddy, I have 3 pairs of OGs. One white/royal, one black/royal and one white/red. The black suede pair is DS. But I still wear the white/royal pair from time to time. Shoes are fine. No separation issues. I store all my shoes in my garage in my townhouse. No light unless I turn them on, and the cars that are in there are "toys", as they don't get driven often. No humidity and decent temps. No issues with anything in there.

IMG_20170926_212356.jpg
IMG_20170926_212404.jpg
IMG_20170926_212332.jpg
IMG_20170926_212218.jpg
IMG_20170926_212305.jpg

Fun fact...He was actually going to wear the black pair in the All Star Game but Kevin Garnett hounded him all weekend long for the shoes...Mike relented before the game and handed them over...

A628B858-CF7B-41B2-B1BD-2EB538D8FA55.jpeg
Cool! Another one -To celebrate his final ASG, that weekend Nike sent the entire All-Star roster a pair of custom Retros with their jersey# stitched on the shoe. (That’s how we ended up with the Shaq & Kobe IX samples). If anyone remembers Tmac was interviewed before the game and he was asked about the Jordans Nike sent him. Obviously, due to his Adidas contract, he said he would not be wearing them :lol:

Back
Top Bottom