Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

There's a whole lot of false enthusiasm when it comes to these. As much as I follow sneakers and what-not, I have yet to see anyone even have these in their collection. Whethere theyre beat or new. But then you look on NT and social media and countless folks are beasting over them talking about its been too long and these are grails .. not to mention all the "please JB" posts.

Theyre nice, I'd get a pair but all this stuff im seeing is far-fetched 

I actually do have them. But they are NOT wearable. At all. Crumbling at parts.

I need these. I had a dream once...that my child was a basketball player. He took up the sport in his early years.

He grew up watching Jordan through youtube videos and even met him once (Jordan was even friendly to him, only calling him a bastard and not a **** or a **** or even a ****; so he was nice to him).

I still would have my collection and even my Maroons. My child had admired all my sneakers, but really took a liking to the maroons. I couldn't figure it out. I had OG Bordeaux and Space Jams, even Concords and Shadow X. But he would always point to the maroons as a kid. Once he started playing ball in highschool and working during the summers, he started buying his own Jordans.

He settled for Team Jordan crappy shoes, because that was all he could afford (I had taught him the value of a dollar and refused to buy him everything he wanted...).

Well, come college, he had moved away to UNC (where Jordan used to play...). Low and behold, his first year is when Nike decided to re-release the Maroons, as Ultra Re-Mix Remaster Hyper Retros (by then nike had started making shoes with recycled truck tires, so to have them actually made with the same materials as an Ultra Re-Mix-Remaster Hyper Retro meant that my son could have the same maroons I have had all these years...for himself).

So he saved up his pennies and dollars he had been paid by the boosters and was on his way to the local Finishline...

But as he was crossing the street, he got hit by the very truck that was delivering the maroons to the store. He was hit hard by the truck, as well as the reality that he would not be getting the shoes. He went to the hospital where he would lie in bed, wondering if he would ever own the shoes.

He later passed away.

So basically I want these damn shoes bruh

If they do drop -- in true og fashion (Off-White/New Maroon) -- I'm on them.
Then again, even if JB Ma-ruins them, I'm still on them :stoneface:
I'm basically retired from JB, but there are a few pair I'll touch down for... New Maroons being one of them.

eek.gif
 these are my grails.  i was planning on them last year. high hopes for this year 

There's a whole lot of false enthusiasm when it comes to these. As much as I follow sneakers and what-not, I have yet to see anyone even have these in their collection. Whethere theyre beat or new. But then you look on NT and social media and countless folks are beasting over them talking about its been too long and these are grails .. not to mention all the "please JB" posts.

Price, avalibality and condition is why nobody have a pair. They didnt sell well to initially begin with so that affects rate on how often you seem them compared to OG Carmine/BW Infrareds. In 2000 after the Black Infrared 6/Olympic 6s dropped prices for functional OG Maroons and Sport Blues skyrocketed on ebay and never came down. Maroons pop up here and there but mainly in kid sizes. Most men sizes you are lucky to come by are completely trashed and will need a PROFESSIONAL restoration. No cutting corners on a shoe this old. The white leather is damaged or punctured not to mentioned stained and dirty. The mesh is yellow and soles are non existant. Maroons in this horrible condition can still sell for 1,000 easily.  I cant afford to spend a grand on shoes that will need another 500-1000 in rehab.

you know back in 91 or 92 whenever these were out i only had like one dude in my whole high school with maroons. i had the black and red ones at the time and always wanted the maroons. i never even saw them on the shelves or anything back then. 

These never did anything for me. Will be interesting to see how they sell. They probably won't be produced in very high numbers.

Oh yea.

Such a tease though.  I hope it happens 

Last edited:

Price, avalibality and condition is why nobody have a pair. They didnt sell well to initially begin with so that affects rate on how often you seem them compared to OG Carmine/BW Infrareds. In 2000 after the Black Infrared 6/Olympic 6s dropped prices for functional OG Maroons and Sport Blues skyrocketed on ebay and never came down. Maroons pop up here and there but mainly in kid sizes. Most men sizes you are lucky to come by are completely trashed and will need a PROFESSIONAL restoration. No cutting corners on a shoe this old. The white leather is damaged or punctured not to mentioned stained and dirty. The mesh is yellow and soles are non existant. Maroons in this horrible condition can still sell for 1,000 easily.  I cant afford to spend a grand on shoes that will need another 500-1000 in rehab.
I agree. I believe this was the last CW of the VI to drop before the VII's came out. I wanted these as a kid so badly, and my dad still said no 
laugh.gif
. But I agree with @quise2024  on this one. So many people are beasting over shoes that weren't as sought after in years past. I'm so tired of hearing people talk about grails that literally sat on shelves before. Two pairs immediately come to mind Black/Blue AJ1's and Mocha IIIs. Bring those up and people lose their mind, but when previously released, they could have been had for $60 or less.

6s are not even a shadow of what they used to be and if they were the sport blues would be appealing but you can just tell the pleather they used was no bueno and that in itself ruins most shoes released today atleast for me it does.

6s are not even a shadow of what they used to be and if they were the sport blues would be appealing but you can just tell the pleather they used was no bueno and that in itself ruins most shoes released today atleast for me it does.
Totally agree. I wanted them at first, then saw them on foot and in person and glad I didn't cop. 

Back
Top Bottom