Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

It took Nike nearly 25 years to retro these, who knows when these will get retroed again. I'm only putting in 1 raffle ticket for these, hopefully that's enough.

It took Nike nearly 25 years to retro these, who knows when these will get retroed again. I'm only putting in 1 raffle ticket for these, hopefully that's enough.
RIP

Jk, good luck 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I almost lol'd when dude tried to compare these to the '88 3s. Those aren't just the 88s, they are one of the most hyped Jordan's of all time that came with the Nike air vs the Maroon's which are one of the least liked Nike air of retros despite having never been retroed. Many would pay $220 for the white cement 3s way before passing the same for the maroons, just look at the white cement 4s which are going to sell out in minutes even if they are a mass GR like the Aqua's

I almost lol'd when dude tried to compare these to the '88 3s. Those aren't just the 88s, they are one of the most hyped Jordan's of all time that came with the Nike air vs the Maroon's which are one of the least liked Nike air of retros despite having never been retroed. Many would pay $220 for the white cement 3s way before passing the same for the maroons, just look at the white cement 4s which are going to sell out in minutes even if they are a mass GR like the Aqua's

its likely ive been collecting since before you were born. i know my shoes and history. my point was that when nike threw a premium on those because of the swoosh, they still sold.
if you think these wont sell out you're insane. and like i said, these will go up in value over time. i never said these were an equivalent to the 88s

its likely ive been collecting since before you were born. i know my shoes and history. my point was that when nike threw a premium on those because of the swoosh, they still sold.
if you think these wont sell out you're insane. and like i said, these will go up in value over time. i never said these were an equivalent to the 88s
when I was born had nothing to do with anything. Your age and title as a collector doesn't make your points anymore credible. Additionally,i was talking a your comparison of the two shoes. The simple fact is that the maroons aren't having high demand because they haven't ever been that popular. It's true they will go up in price in the near future but no where near the 88 3s which can be had for 600. I never said these won't sell out, just not at the rate that the 88s or even the upcoming white cement 4s will. This is a shoe that collectors love more then the masses. Shoes like the 3s and 4s are hyped and loved by everyone, that's a fact.

Last edited:
when I was born had nothing to do with anything. Your age and title as a collector doesn't make your points anymore credible. 
Actually it has everything to everything.

When you were 9 how did you act?

19?

29?

39?

Depending on your age you can easily see the improvement in your maturity as you age.

Me at 19 is a joke compared to me at 39.

Simple.

The way you are arguing is kinda like a poker hand.

You are showing your age ( or cards) by defending the fact that age and nothing to do with anything.

You are 30  or under  guaranteed.

Last edited:
Actually it has everything to everything.

When you were 9 how did you act?
19?
29?
39?

Depending on your age you can easily see the improvement in your maturity as you age.

Me at 19 is a joke compared to me at 39.
Simple.

The way you are arguing is kinda like a poker hand.
You are showing your age ( or cards) by defending the fact that age and nothing to do with anything.
You are 30  or under  guaranteed.
I am merely stating my opinion that throwing around your age doesn't exactly make you more credible for certain topics lol

facts it's not justified or unexpected..  i paid $217 for each of my 88s after tax & thought it was absurd but bit the bullet anyway

now 2016 is here & these will be what around $240 (for me) (feel bad for canada heads) after everything is said & done? like grizz said still gonna buy tho lol.

would have been cool to double but the QS killed the disc. dreams so 1 it is. Glad to have locked a 10.5 for retail tho

with the majority of JB retros sitting i wonder how Saturday will go.. 

$280 + tax in Canada!

View media item 1809471Stiff as previous 6s from last year, leather on sides similar to lows that dropped this summer. I hope everyone who wants them can get they're pair no hassle. They knocked the "aged" look out of the park, and the NIKE lace lock is my favorite part of this shoe. Not for me though, $30 extra just not worth it personally. Good luck to all!

LIES

when I was born had nothing to do with anything. Your age and title as a collector doesn't make your points anymore credible. Additionally,i was talking a your comparison of the two shoes. The simple fact is that the maroons aren't having high demand because they haven't ever been that popular. It's true they will go up in price in the near future but no where near the 88 3s which can be had for 600. I never said these won't sell out, just not at the rate that the 88s or even the upcoming white cement 4s will. This is a shoe that collectors love more then the masses. Shoes like the 3s and 4s are hyped and loved by everyone, that's a fact.

good thing i never said these would sell for 600.
on to useful info.
a few of my local stores did guaranteed tickets on sunday. seems like either people had no idea, or these will be easy to obtain for those who want them.

facts it's not justified or unexpected..  i paid $217 for each of my 88s after tax & thought it was absurd but bit the bullet anyway

now 2016 is here & these will be what around $240 (for me) (feel bad for canada heads) after everything is said & done? like grizz said still gonna buy tho lol.

would have been cool to double but the QS killed the disc. dreams so 1 it is. Glad to have locked a 10.5 for retail tho

with the majority of JB retros sitting i wonder how Saturday will go.. 

Yep, $300 up here in Canada after tax. ******* insane...

I cant understand why there isnt more hype on these, I swear last year when we were getting tons of other 6's people were begging for a Maroon Retro, now they are here (and with NA on the back!!) everyone is downplaying the hype. 

I was one of those people last year who wanted the Maroons, so getting these on Saturday is must.

I cant understand why there isnt more hype on these, I swear last year when we were getting tons of other 6's people were begging for a Maroon Retro, now they are here (and with NA on the back!!) everyone is downplaying the hype. 

I was one of those people last year who wanted the Maroons, so getting these on Saturday is must.

the price jump, the over saturated market

If I had known these would be readily available, I think I would actually attempted to cop in hindsight.

I just wish 6s didn't feel like bricks on-feet. Also, I think the only retros that should have a premium price point is the 11s,12s, and 13s.

I would pay more for these maroons, even without NA on the heel, than I would for the '88 retro III.

Kinda like what Grizz said...If there was a non-NA version available for 170-190, I would likely buy those instead, but the fact that these have never retroed before makes them that much more desirable for me.

The VI is my favorite Jordan model of all time, so that makes this decision easy. But the fact that non-NA III's can be had at a lot less than the '88 III's, puts these maroons well ahead of the '88 for me personally.

Based on my entirely anecdotal evidence, there isn't much hype for these.  Usually when I hit the mall at lunch to pick up tickets there's a line, today I was pretty much the only one (Westfield SF).

Definitely the price jump has something to do with it. Also there is many releases coming out this month and last month. And nike making a ton of holiday shoes, that they meet demand might have something to do with it.

Let these sit till Christmas and I'll definitely cop for the low with all the GCs to come. 
laugh.gif

I was juiced for these till they sprung the price tag on us. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom