Jordan Retro XI 11/11/17

I don't agree but I could be biased.
The XI has always been pretty popular IMO.

Concords are the reason why we got the most recent sneaker boom.

No way. Any properly colored mid XI will fly no matter what month of release.
I'm talking about price not popularity. Jb sells the 11 in mass for much more than regular releases. If after 2001, jb just dropped 11s like every other retro, they'd be $190 right now most likely. 12s and 3s are popular as well but retail for $190. By isolating the XI, jb can charge more. Retail was $150 in 2009 but JB successfully got $175. Its about price since it's obvious they'd sell out as a regular release

^you mean something like this?

View media item 1549752
Nah im good
i kneeeeeeeew those actually existed...

bootleggers got a hold of these prototypes a decade plus ago and started to churn em out...no one wanted to believe that JB actually designed a still born mid I.E.

these guys don't create anything, they just swipe what's available.

I don't agree but I could be biased.
The XI has always been pretty popular IMO.

Concords are the reason why we got the most recent sneaker boom.

No way. Any properly colored mid XI will fly no matter what month of release.
I'm talking about price not popularity. Jb sells the 11 in mass for much more than regular releases. If after 2001, jb just dropped 11s like every other retro, they'd be $190 right now most likely. 12s and 3s are popular as well but retail for $190. By isolating the XI, jb can charge more. Retail was $150 in 2009 but JB successfully got $175. Its about price since it's obvious they'd sell out as a regular release

It's all opinion. I personally believe otherwise especially since it would be years between releases at that point.
JB got dudes dropping $250 for the 16s for a similar reason.

Also, you have to consider that JB has effectively increased prices on other popular models with success and sellouts.

AJ1s were $100 as of a few years ago but are now $160 selling out instantly. The latest all star sold well at $175. That's a similar increase that 11s get.

Last edited:
It's all opinion. I personally believe otherwise especially since it would be years between releases at that point.

Also, you have to consider that JB has effectively increased prices on other popular models with success and sellouts.

AJ1s were $100 as of a few years ago but are now $160 selling out instantly. The latest all star sold well at $175. That's a similar increase that 11s get.
16s, 17s and 20s are $250 because they are post 14 jordans, they also are released in much smaller numbers than regular gr releases. All 2-14 releases have been $190 and the 11 would be no different.

i kneeeeeeeew those actually existed...

bootleggers got a hold of these prototypes a decade plus ago and started to churn em out...no one wanted to believe that JB actually designed a still born mid I.E.

these guys don't create anything, they just swipe what's available.

Just turrible

16s, 17s and 20s are $250 because they are post 14 jordans, they also are released in much smaller numbers than regular gr releases. All 2-14 releases have been $190 and the 11 would be no different.

ok boss.

8 years and counting....

What was the last release for Christmas that wasn't an 11? Wasn't it the Playoff 8's in 2007?

could be. i didnt really pay that any attention back then because it wasnt really a "Christmas" release type thing for me.
nike used to just have the year of the _______ where 1 or 2 models would release a few colors.

I feel the same way as you about this. There was more reason for price increase for the later models since the newer tech in the shoes and being a original release. The retros are limited which again seems to give reason for price increase. 11 mids are a holiday cash cow and one way to prove it is that the 11 low are not more than other retro lows 2-14 in this era. The retro 1s situation is just a mess.

Last edited:

I feel the same way as you about this. There was more reason for price increase for the later models since the newer tech in the shoes and being a original release. The retros are limited which again seems to give reason for price increase. 11 mids are a holiday cash cow and one way to prove it is that the 11 low are not more than other retro lows 2-14 in this era. The retro 1s situation is just a mess.

XI lows never had the same following as the mids. Nike can only charge what people are willing to pay and I'm sure dudes would still happily pay the $220 for the mids if they are done "OG" style like the space jams were done.
People say that 3s are popular but they have never really sold for great prices compared to XIs unless the release hadn't happened in a while or there was a gimmick involved.

Nike does XIs for the holiday for a reason. I'm not a fan of it but it is what it is.

Today they sellout and go straight to resell being that it's a one year drop. If they release like other retros there wouldn't be this, "What's the colorway going to be this holiday" question there for building hype literally after the last retro just dropped. It's a saturated drop that sells out because of this. And some of the lows resell for about as much as these mids you say have a "following". Playoff 8s that released 2007 was a big deal like these 11s that release on holiday now.

Looking at social media, the 2nd holiday 11 is suppose to be reveal either today or the next few days allegedly. 

Today they sellout and go straight to resell being that it's a one year drop. If they release like other retros there wouldn't be this, "What's the colorway going to be this holiday" question there for building hype literally after the last retro just dropped. It's a saturated drop that sells out because of this. And some of the lows resell for about as much as these mids you say have a "following". Playoff 8s that released 2007 was a big deal like these 11s that release on holiday now.

If you think that then I guess nothing will change it. There are plenty of factors that contribute to this resell stuff you talk of like how the last couple of releases have restocked a ton which kills any accrued value it might have gained. Tell me how much 2012 black/reds sell for or even concords.

But hey, I have no clue that the 11s have been popular. It's comical that you even compare 8s to 11s at all.

I guess you don't remember aquas and or playoffs being 300+. How is that not comparable? Different times and release strategies from the same company.

I guess you don't remember aquas and or playoffs being 300+. How is that not comparable? Different times and release strategies from the same company.
exactly, the aquas were going for $350 easy by 2013. Since the 8s have been y fav since 2006 I have remembered the trends surrounding them for a min. Yearly 11 gives them a reason to hike up price

If Jb only dropped 1s twice every few years(with no mids, highs with jumpmans lows) they'd prob be $190 like other retros.

And that happened over time. They were selling for below retail for the longest.

I'm not replying to y'all no more. It doesn't even matter.

could be. i didnt really pay that any attention back then because it wasnt really a "Christmas" release type thing for me.
nike used to just have the year of the _______ where 1 or 2 models would release a few colors.

I remember that, like 2014 was year of the 6

exactly, the aquas were going for $350 easy by 2013. Since the 8s have been y fav since 2006 I have remembered the trends surrounding them for a min. Yearly 11 gives them a reason to hike up price

If Jb only dropped 1s twice every few years(with no mids, highs with jumpmans lows) they'd prob be $190 like other retros.

If they drop more, they get less ideas, but OG colorways would probably sell out regardless of how many were made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom