Jordan Retro XI Space Jam check

Nike/JB knowing that those bc 3 88's would sell out even at a $250 price tag why would they risk losing so much money to just halt production remember $$ talks and B.S. walks

NIKE/JB change their minds about releases all the time. I remember when the bred hi strap 1s were released there were pics of a sample pair of royal blue hi strap 1s that were supposed to release some time later and some time down the line JB decided to scrap it. Same goes for the Columbia 11s. They were on JB release books for the December release before they decided to scrap that and release the black and red 11s instead. If there were plans to release these best beleive samples were made in some capacity. And all it takes is one sample. one set of prints, one tech pack and the factories can pump out as many shoes as they want.

Nike has some of the worlds best number crunchers, analyst and experts at their disposal. If they're deciding not to release these anymore or at a later date it's because there's more money in waiting.

Last edited:
I understand that people are supposed to form and entitled to their own opinions. But it would be nice to see some objectivity when debating. Like I don't see why this whole third shift GM idea is so farfetched to those who think they are high quality replicas. There are tons of articles about instances where many brands that contract asian factories to produce their products(not exclusive to shoes) producing excess/surplus merchandise and selling them. Whether you agree with ninja or not the articles he posted high lighted tons of examples of this occurring. So we know for a fact that it happens. Then he pointed out the instances of new balance and Ewing athletics and how factories that were previously/currently contracted were producing unauthorized runs of their brands shoes well after they were supposed to stop. Wiki leaks even documented a case with Nike. Rock deep/Nike dealer and other NT members that are knowledgable and have first hand experience with the actual industry also so state that these unauthorized shoes are being produced in the same ways that every other company having third shift production issues. And finally we all know that JB quality is shot to hell. So why is it that when people draw the conclusion that these shoes are these third shift pairs because unlike the shoes we know today as replicas and variants, these shoes match jordan brands "quality" in terms of construction and materials, it sounds so ridiculous and a preposterous idea? That's a completely logical and plausible conclusion with all the information out there. If a town was built right next to a Forrest that is prone to frequent Forrest fires, and a house that is right next to the Forrest catches fire, would it be wrong to assume that the fire was caused by the Forrest? Sure someone could have set the house on fire but with all the information you have about the town and its location the conclusion that would be drawn logically was that it was caused by the Forrest. Same goes for these shoes, sure they could be high quality fakes but with all of the information we have about crooked manufacturing sub contractors in Asia, with the fact that we know its happening to clothes, with the fact that we know its happened to new balance and Ewing athletics, with the fact that it was at the very least reported that Nike was experiencing the same issues why the hell is the whole idea that these new waves of shoes that we keep seeing years after an intial realese or months proor to release aren't those third shift shoes? Even if you have your own opinion, objectively speaking, why does these shoes being high quality fakes seem like a more viable option?

exactly..no one here who knows what their talking about  is calling fakes grey markets, but people who dunno better are QUICK to label grey markets fake. da 2 terms are not

mutually exclusive.
We get it ninja there are fakes and there are better fakes.. LOL..JK

Just a question not an argument bc i would like to hear your thoughts.

Ok what about this.. If the rumor is true and Nike has cancelled the 88' B/C retro.. What does that make all of the 88' B/C retros on the street today? Would they be fake or GM? Nike never ordered RD ones for the 1st and 2nd shift to produce meaning this would be a CW that was technically never produced meaning they are fake by definition? I mean If a pair of hot pink 88's is fake whats the difference from a B/C that was never a produced CW either?

waits for him to ignore this question or better yet make up something ridiculous

NIKE/JB change their minds about releases all the time. I remember when the bred hi strap 1s were released there were pics of a sample pair of royal blue hi strap 1s that were supposed to release some time later and some time down the line JB decided to scrap it. Same goes for the Columbia 11s. They were on JB release books for the December release before they decided to scrap that and release the black and red 11s instead. If there were plans to release these best beleive samples were made in some capacity. And all it takes is one sample. one set of prints, one tech pack and the factories can pump out as many shoes as they want.

Nike has some of the worlds best number crunchers, analyst and experts at their disposal. If they're deciding not to release these anymore or at a later date it's because there's more money in waiting.

Your right a bigger payday down the road but where are the columbia 11's floating around if its that easy I'm pretty sure there is a set of blueprints laying around

I
Your right a bigger payday down the road but where are the columbia 11's floating around if its that easy I'm pretty sure there is a set of blueprints laying around

Who knows. I was trying to illustrate how often JB changes its mind the fact that every shoe has the potential to be reproduced depending on how far in the process it gets

Last edited:
GM the legit pair of these the jumpman on the left shoe would be facing the opposite way and the 45 will be longer and closer together.

GM the legit pair of these the jumpman on the left shoe would be facing the opposite way and the 45 will be longer and closer together.
it's one thing reproducing an old shoe or a shoe that's is confirmed to come out at a later date. It's another thing to make "samples" of shoes that never existed.
this is good stuff man. weather we agree or disagree we all can learn from one another. i learn something new everyday

exactly..no one here who knows what their talking about  is calling fakes grey markets, but people who dunno better are QUICK to label grey markets fake. da 2 terms are not

mutually exclusive.
We get it ninja there are fakes and there are better fakes.. LOL..JK

Just a question not an argument bc i would like to hear your thoughts.

Ok what about this.. If the rumor is true and Nike has cancelled the 88' B/C retro.. What does that make all of the 88' B/C retros on the street today? Would they be fake or GM?  Nike never ordered RD ones for the 1st and 2nd shift to produce meaning this would be a CW that was technically never produced meaning they are fake by definition? I mean If a pair of hot pink 88's is fake whats the difference from a B/C that was never a produced CW either?
that, we dunno yet.

because da grey market world has yet to produce anything that wasn't already coming down da pipeline or already exist.

TIMMYYY, give us evidence that NIKE/JB claimed the these GMs are FAKE and not the same materials as the authentics.

it's one thing reproducing an old shoe or a shoe that's is confirmed to come out at a later date. It's another thing to make "samples" of shoes that never existed.
But they're made from the "same materials" by the "same workers" possibly during a "third shift" lol in all reality though these breds are the same quality as the GMs some call authentic but unauthorized they just slapped a 45 on the back and labeled it sample. Why is this shoe any different?

But they're made from the "same materials" by the "same workers" possibly during a "third shift" lol in all reality though these breds are the same quality as the GMs some call authentic but unauthorized they just slapped a 45 on the back and labeled it sample. Why is this shoe any different?
They're the same mediocre quality of JB brand shoes too. Not sure what your point is? I'm not the one making the argument that they are authentic or in authentic that's a stupid argument to have. I take them for what they are. Unauthorized pairs outside nikes production runs. If there was no production run of legit 45 Breds then their cant be a production run of unauthorized pairs that can even remotely be considered legit. The shoe itself maybe the same but that 45 slapped on to the back invalidates "the same everytging" argument. That's what makes it different for me atleast.

that, we dunno yet.

because da grey market world has yet to produce anything that wasn't already coming down da pipeline or already exist.
How many times have you seen a GM pair of Banned 1s? Those were cancelled by Nike and I personally havent seen a bootleg pair on the street?  

this is good stuff man. weather we agree or disagree we all can learn from one another. i learn something new everyday
Amen man..Here is my take the new 45 GMs are fake, they were never produced. Now something like the Banned 1s are 100% legit and Nike cancelled those too..

How many times have you seen a GM pair of Banned 1s? Those were cancelled by Nike and I personally havent seen a bootleg pair on the street?  
Amen man..Here is my take the new 45 GMs are fake, they were never produced. Now something like the Banned 1s are 100% legit and Nike cancelled those too..
Finally something We agree on Timmy lol shoes that haven't been made can't be grey marketed.

As for the banned 1s. They may have been "canceled" but a production runs worth were made and still distributed to stores although in a somewhat different way. What ninja meant was that although not all shoes that are released have GM pairs (yeezys, db3, royal 1 [i consider those shoes out right fake because its been proven they don't use the same materials. I believe if there were actually GM pairs of royals they aren't the ones we see on the market today]) all GM pairs out have been released and produced in some kind of capacity.

I understand that people are supposed to form and entitled to their own opinions. But it would be nice to see some objectivity when debating. Like I don't see why this whole third shift GM idea is so farfetched to those who think they are high quality replicas. There are tons of articles about instances where many brands that contract asian factories to produce their products(not exclusive to shoes) producing excess/surplus merchandise and selling them. Whether you agree with ninja or not the articles he posted high lighted tons of examples of this occurring. So we know for a fact that it happens. Then he pointed out the instances of new balance and Ewing athletics and how factories that were previously/currently contracted were producing unauthorized runs of their brands shoes well after they were supposed to stop. Wiki leaks even documented a case with Nike. Rock deep/Nike dealer and other NT members that are knowledgable and have first hand experience with the actual industry also so state that these unauthorized shoes are being produced in the same ways that every other company having third shift production issues. And finally we all know that JB quality is shot to hell. So why is it that when people draw the conclusion that these shoes are these third shift pairs because unlike the shoes we know today as replicas and variants, these shoes match jordan brands "quality" in terms of construction and materials, it sounds so ridiculous and a preposterous idea? That's a completely logical and plausible conclusion with all the information out there. If a town was built right next to a Forrest that is prone to frequent Forrest fires, and a house that is right next to the Forrest catches fire, would it be wrong to assume that the fire was caused by the Forrest? Sure someone could have set the house on fire but with all the information you have about the town and its location the conclusion that would be drawn logically was that it was caused by the Forrest. Same goes for these shoes, sure they could be high quality fakes but with all of the information we have about crooked manufacturing sub contractors in Asia, with the fact that we know its happening to clothes, with the fact that we know its happened to new balance and Ewing athletics, with the fact that it was at the very least reported that Nike was experiencing the same issues why the hell is the whole idea that these new waves of shoes that we keep seeing years after an intial realese or months proor to release aren't those third shift shoes? Even if you have your own opinion, objectively speaking, why does these shoes being high quality fakes seem like a more viable option?
Im not saying this is far fetched.. I 1000% believe this is going on.. However I do not believe this is what we are seeing on the daily and calling GMs on this site.. For this whole 3rd shift idea to be valid THE PRODUCT MUST STAY THE SAME!!! Im not talking QC bs either like misstitchs or a glue stain.. Im talking entirely different materials and craftsmanship and packaging.. These do not fit your definition of a "3rd shift" pair..

http://*************.com/news/air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-black-red-authentic-vs-fake/

http://niketalk.com/t/573167/taobao-retro-1s-vs-retail-retro-1s

I will use this analogy again.. If we worked 11-7 at Mc Donalds and made 1000 Big macs in that time.. Now we decide to make 500 more after our shift using the same materials etc.. When we put them all together... THEY WILL LOOK THE SAME, THEY WILL TASTE THE SAME, THEY WILL BE IN THE SAME BOX AND BAG ETC.. They will be identical to the ones we made from 11-7. Therefor we could label these 50 "after hours" Big Macs GMs by definition... Why? Bc they ARE THE SAME PRODUCT!

That is just not the case with 99% of these so called GMs on NT.. They are different. YOU CAN CLEARLY see its not the same product! Different materials, different boxs, different tags etc.. This my friend is a Whopper not a Big Mac. feel me?

Last edited:
They're the same mediocre quality of JB brand shoes too. Not sure what your point is? I'm not the one making the argument that they are authentic or in authentic that's a stupid argument to have. I take them for what they are. Unauthorized pairs outside nikes production runs. If there was no production run of legit 45 Breds then their cant be a production run of unauthorized pairs that can even remotely be considered legit. The shoe itself maybe the same but that 45 slapped on to the back invalidates "the same everytging" argument. That's what makes it different for me atleast.
whats the difference between the wrong font 45 vs the wrong stretched and squashed font 23 that is on most GMs?

Im not saying this is far fetched.. I 1000% believe this is going on.. However I do not believe this is what we are seeing on the daily and calling GMs on this site.. For this whole 3rd shift idea to be valid THE PRODUCT MUST STAY THE SAME!!!
who told you that lie? authentic nike vary from sneaker to sneaker, release from release, etc.

its da nature of da beast called manufacturing.

space jams for example are dead on minus their obviously newer sole, and their is a WHOLE BUNCH of grey market jordans that dont get talked about here (oreos VI's, XVII's, XIII's,

VIII's, V's, etc) that are all dead on to their retail counterparts, and yet you throw around "99%" c'mon b...wake up and smell da coffiee..

who told you that lie? authentic nike vary from sneaker to sneaker, release from release, etc.

space jams for example are dead on minus their obviously newer sole, and their is a WHOLE BUNCH of grey market jordans that dont get talked about here (oreos VI's, XVII's, XIII's,

VIII's, V's, etc) that are all dead on to their retail counterparts, and yet you throw around "99%" c'mon b...wake up and smell da coffiee..
So this is the same?

Maybe without your glasses on..

I think your idea of "dead on" and mine are different man..

If these GM SJs are so dead on why are the boxs different, why are the lines on the tongue tag white instead of blue, why is the jumpman long armed, why is the PL cuts off or the 23 font wrong?  YOU are SO CONCERNED with a new sole you miss ALL of the other tell bro!  All of those other kicks have tells too fam.. JUST OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK.

"who told you that lie? authentic nike vary from sneaker to sneaker, release from release, etc." Bro you keep getting hung up on quality like im talking about QC stuff like misaligned pods or glue stains.. IM TALKING DESIGN B...I will pay pal you $10 if you can find me a 10000% LEGIT pair of 09' Jams with white lines on the inside tongue tag..

Last edited:
Im not saying this is far fetched.. I 1000% believe this is going on.. However I do not believe this is what we are seeing on the daily and calling GMs on this site.. For this whole 3rd shift idea to be valid THE PRODUCT MUST STAY THE SAME!!! Im not talking QC bs either like misstitchs or a glue stain.. Im talking entirely different materials and craftsmanship and packaging.. These do not fit your definition of a "3rd shift" pair..

http://*************.com/news/air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-black-red-authentic-vs-fake/

http://niketalk.com/t/573167/taobao-retro-1s-vs-retail-retro-1s

I will use this analogy again.. If we worked 11-7 at Mc Donalds and made 1000 Big macs in that time.. Now we decide to make 500 more after our shift using the same materials etc.. When we put them all together... THEY WILL LOOK THE SAME, THEY WILL TASTE THE SAME, THEY WILL BE IN THE SAME BOX AND BAG ETC.. They will be identical to the ones we made from 11-7. Therefor we could label these 50 "after hours" Big Macs GMs by definition... Why? Bc they ARE THE SAME PRODUCT!

That is just not the case with 99% of these so called GMs on NT.. They are different. YOU CAN CLEARLY see its not the same product! Different materials, different boxs, different tags etc.. This my friend is a Whopper not a Big Mac. feel me?
I completely understand where you're coming from. first off I believe that it was confirmed in the GM that the boxes and shoes do not come from the same places. So I can't claim to know where they come from or how they are produced. As for the third shift, if these shoes are being made with out the supervision of Nikes line managers/engineers to ensure "quality" is being maintained who's there to ensure a "quality" product is being made? Also, like I've brought up before, the shoes that end up on NT can no way shape or form be used as an indicator of what GM shoes actually are because it is the nature of the LC thread to bring in questionable and flawed shoes. Have you ever watched the show pawn stars? When an item comes in and they have reason to question it's authenticity what do they do? They call an expert to come check it out. But if something comes in that looks right, looks clean, and looks authentic they don't bother with calling an expert. I bought a pair of tour yellow 4s some months ago. And although I've never owned a pair of that specific pair of 4s AND they didn't come in the original box there's nothing about the shoes that makes me question them. So why would I come to the LC thread with them? I feel like sometimes we all get in the mindset that the whole sneaker world is Nike talk but when you think about it from a global perspective Nike Talk is tiny and in a way insignificant.

Last edited:

If these space jams are so dead on why are the boxs different, why are the lines on the tongue tag white instead of blue, why is the jumpman long armed, why is the PL cuts off?  YOU are SO CONCERNED with a new sole you miss ALL of the other tell bro!  All of those other kicks have tells too fam.. JUST OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK.
oh so all jordan boxes are identical now too?
laugh.gif

i dunno how else to explain that da people behind these are da ones who make da ones that go to stores, albeit illegally...articles, and people who are IN da industry are telling you

what it is. these people do this for a LIVING, they know what they're talking about. Rockdeep used to WORK for nike.

Back
Top Bottom