JORDAN SHOE NICKNAMES when did it start?

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by Kaz Fury206

I'm old and I don't remember Jordan shoes having nicknames, for example "Bordeaux" or "Grapes."   Back in the day we just called those the ugly 7s or the ugly 5s.   I'm just curious on how this nickname thing got started and who actually comes up with these names.  
35b36ee16343c791b0b1cca84156e3886e3d82bc_r.gif
EPIC!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by AEA18

I assumed it started with the September Blue VI.

Which some people began calling sport blue because of the abbreviation on the box.

You got that backwards... SPT BL was Nikes abbreviation for sport blue.

No, you have it wrong, they're September blue

Originally Posted by ijapino

The nickname debate will never go away. But I've learned to deal with it and realize that it's not changing...No matter how much I attempt to swerve the opinions of people.

The ONLY nicknames that are acceptable to me are the ones that use an actual "official colorway" in the name (i.e. Bordeux, Carmines, Stealths, Concords etc...) and a few that were specifically named after something (i.e. Space Jams, Laney V's)

All the other ones I don't care for..."Raptors" are by far the worst with "Bred" coming in a close second.

Couldn't have said it better.

LOL i never really understood why they called them grapes beside the colorway being purple.

I really thought it was the "Last Shots" that started it off. No one back in the days called the shoes "grapes" "carmines" ect... they just called them by the basic color scheme of the shoe and the number of the shoe

I could be really wrong though...

Before that it was just the number and color. Back in elementary in '97 it was red/white (not rising sun), blk/white (not playoffs), white black (not taxi) XII. The concords were those Jordans that Boys II Men had on in the video, the Spacejams were the black/blue XI Jordan wore in Spacejam. First time I heard a nickname was Lastshots, and so on after that.

^
laugh.gif
just seen some "Cherry 12's" on craigslist.

I really hate when people say "Sea-ment 3's/4's", "True Blues", "Ferrari", "Breds", "Wolf Greys"

I usually just ignore someone trying to say any other name of a Jordan besides the original colorways

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

^
laugh.gif
just seen some "Cherry 12's" on craigslist.

I really hate when people say "Sea-ment 3's/4's", "True Blues", "Ferrari", "Breds", "Wolf Greys"

I usually just ignore someone trying to say any other name of a Jordan besides the original colorways

Those are official CWs though... 

Originally Posted by ijapino

The nickname debate will never go away. But I've learned to deal with it and realize that it's not changing...No matter how much I attempt to swerve the opinions of people.

The ONLY nicknames that are acceptable to me are the ones that use an actual "official colorway" in the name (i.e. Bordeux, Carmines, Stealths, Concords etc...) and a few that were specifically named after something (i.e. Space Jams, Laney V's)

All the other ones I don't care for..."Raptors" are by far the worst with "Bred" coming in a close second.
I agree wholeheartedly. Do you guys think it may be because of Dunks? Weren't they the first popular model to have weird nicknames that has nothing to do with the color?

Whats wrong with Nicknames? They make it easy to pick out a shoe out of the 26 or so years JB has been out. Its Easier to say things such as Laser 15s then Air Jordan 15 Retro LS Black/Metallic Gold-White
Its just the ******ed names like Shamu 12s that are not acceptable. 

Originally Posted by CowColor

LOL i never really understood why they called them grapes beside the colorway being purple.

"Grape" was apart of the actual color name on the box.

"Yea, I might copp the Charcoal VII's releasing this year."
"Naw man, ain't no Charcoal 7's releasing, just the Oly pack and the Raptors."

"The Raptors are the Charcoals."

"Naw, they different."

"No, sir they are unfortunately the same shoe."

Originally Posted by rojanjon

"Yea, I might copp the Charcoal VII's releasing this year."
"Naw man, ain't no Charcoal 7's releasing, just the Oly pack and the Raptors."

"The Raptors are the Charcoals."

"Naw, they different."

"No, sir they are unfortunately the same shoe."
*choke slam*