Jordan Trunner Dominate (SUMMER 2012)

Jordan Trunner Dominate: http://counterkicks.com/2011/10/07/jordan-trunner-dominate/

jordan-trunner-dominate-summer-2012-colorways-counterkicks.com_.jpg

Jordan Brand continues to expand its off-the-basketball-court offerings. Here’s a first look at the Jordan Trunner Dominate.

Previewed in seven Summer 2012 colorways:

- Tour Yellow/White/Black
- University Blue/Obsidian/White
- Black/Varsity Red/White
- Black/Club Purple/White
- Black/White
- Varsity Red/Black/White
- Cool Grey/Team Orange/White

Jordan Trunner Dominate is the newest silhouette from Jordan Brand’s training/running concept category. Look for these initial Dominate styles to release in 2012 with a price point set at $100.

jordan-trunner-dominate-black-varsity-red-white-counterkicks.com_.jpg

http://counterkicks.com/2...jordan-trunner-dominate/

If it had a Swoosh on it, people would be all over these. Seems like anything with a Jumpman on it, that's not a retro is ugly nowadays, no matter what it is. 
They look alright though, looks more performance oriented, which is a good thing. 

Originally Posted by J2Legend

If it had a Swoosh on it, people would be all over these. Seems like anything with a Jumpman on it, that's not a retro is ugly nowadays, no matter what it is. 
They look alright though, looks more performance oriented, which is a good thing. 

You know, i gave your comment a little thought and you're pretty spot on. 

Mentally i placed swoosh over them but even with that said, they would still be a decent shoe.

Nothing full retail worthy.

But somehow, with the recent trend of hideous team shoes and running hybrids... it places these
in a similar bin.

Not flea at all.

To me these just look regurgitated from past Nike products. I just don't see the point if you're going to make it look like the free run and other Nike products that are IMO better done. How do they even mass produce this shoe without the majority going to outlets?

Originally Posted by Nermindee

it will dominate the outlets
Well said. There's no point for this kind of sneaker. I rarely see the Free TR/TR2 on people's feet - even at the gym.

Between this crap and the Jordan 2012 it looks as though Nike is just swapping the Swoosh with the Jumpman and calling it a day.

Originally Posted by BinYe

Mentally i placed swoosh over them but even with that said, they would still be a decent shoe.

But somehow, with the recent trend of hideous team shoes and running hybrids... it places these
in a similar bin.

Not flea at all.

Thats because the jumpman is not smooth and subtle like the swoosh.   Placing the 50 jumpman all over the shoe looks overdone.  JB needs to keep it more subtle.  Thats what was special about the Jordan line, especially the III-VI.  Nike Air on the Back, Jumpman on the tongue.   Stop overdoing it JB.  Just like when they replaced the Swoosh with the Jumpman on the AJ1, it looked ******ed. 

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by BinYe

in a similar bin.

Not flea at all.

Thats because the jumpman is not smooth and subtle like the swoosh.   Placing the 50 jumpman all over the shoe looks overdone.  JB needs to keep it more subtle.  Thats what was special about the Jordan line, especially the III-VI.  Nike Air on the Back, Jumpman on the tongue.   Stop overdoing it JB.  Just like when they replaced the Swoosh with the Jumpman on the AJ1, it looked ******ed. 
Partly agree. I mean, yes, the placement of the Jumpman is key. But what I was getting at was the fact that it is a Jordan Brand product. And because of that fact, people will find it ugly because it's got the proverbial "JB Stamp of Approval" on it. Because of the nasty barrage of fusions, hybrids, wack colorways and ugly sigs, people will automatically associate all JB products with ugly silhouettes and will be unfairly thrown in the pile.
Kinda like if I were to roll in one of these:

1.jpg

It looks great and performs well as an entry level vehicle. But, when I stick the Kia badge on it, it automatically loses value because 'it's a Kia'. Know what I mean? Not to discredit your opinion, I still agree to a certain extent. 

Partly agree. I mean, yes, the placement of the Jumpman is key. But what I was getting at was the fact that it is a Jordan Brand product. And because of that fact, people will find it ugly because it's got the proverbial "JB Stamp of Approval" on it. Because of the nasty barrage of fusions, hybrids, wack colorways and ugly sigs, people will automatically associate all JB products with ugly silhouettes and will be unfairly thrown in the pile.
Kinda like if I were to roll in one of these:

1.jpg

It looks great and performs well as an entry level vehicle. But, when I stick the Kia badge on it, it automatically loses value because 'it's a Kia'. Know what I mean? Not to discredit your opinion, I still agree to a certain extent. 
Its funny that you say that.  Because I was thinking about it in terms of cars too.  JB is supposed to be to Nike what Lexus is to Toyota, Acura to Honda, GMC to Chevrolet, etc.   And for a while they were, but then they just decided to go the opposite direction.

As far as your comparison to Kia, I agree to a certain point because thats how we think on this board, but I think most male kids and male adults outside this board still see them as a better brand than Nike.   If the designers would just add a little simplicity into their designs, there wouldnt be so much going on, on the shoe. For example, if they wouldve taken that jumpman and placed it on the back instead of the side, or removed it completely, both black pairs wouldve been something I wouldve considered buying.  I think their market research dictates them to make outrageous colorways, something that was not really seen in the I-XIX

Originally Posted by El Bro

If the designers would just add a little simplicity into their designs, there wouldnt be so much going on, on the shoe. For example, if they wouldve taken that jumpman and placed it on the back instead of the side, or removed it completely, both black pairs wouldve been something I wouldve considered buying. 

Sometimes it's not the designers choice, it's what they are TOLD to do....

Back
Top Bottom