Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

How about just get a refund. I mean you want to keep the shoe and get money back? Doesn't make much sense
ideally id want a different pair that doesnt look like a dog ate my jumpman but as with all new retro releases this wouldnt be feasibile as they are sold out by now

and obviously i want these shoes or i wouldnt of bought them least nike could do is comp me with something since im a loyal customer and will buy

the next retro that comes out next month

People are sleeping on these because of the future release of the gammas and the black and white 5 believe me Black Friday and before Christmas there will be lines on top of lines

I'm honestly rather glad I decided to grab a pair instead of passing like I was originally going to. I was actually surprised by how good these looked in person and the quality isn't bad, either. Overally, I'm happy I bought them, I'm not happy I handed Nike $400 in 2 days.

EDIT: Well, technically Foot Locker, since Nike has already made their money once Foot Locker Inc. bought them from Nike.

Last edited:

who else in here went with their true size, tried to go .5 down but the size 10 felt a bit snug for my comfort so i went with my real size of 10.5
ohwell.gif
Went with 10 at first because people were saying these weren't TTS and the grape 5's ran big, ended up going with the extra 10.5 that I won from the raffle. The size 10 is nice because they probably won't crease as fast but after a while my toes started hurting because of the lack of space like you were saying. I'll probably just sell the 10 to somebody who missed out on this release in a couple of weeks. 

picked up a pair today before work and finally checked em out at home and noticed my jumpman is messed up

would nike be able to do anything for me like a coupon or giftcard even though i didnt buy it from nike?

Not if you didn't get from Nike.

I got bred xi last year from footlocker, got home and realized one shoe was 10.5 and the other 11.5, hit Nike up... they was like O well.

Ordered from Jimmy Jazz that night. Anybody know when the shoes are gonna ship out? I'm worried about em canceling my order

Just picked up my pair that I reserved at the local spot (Singapore). They're charging about $200 USD which is the normal price for Jordans here ($176 for Jordan 1s). It's good that they haven't increased their price with US prices going up to $170.

Also the leather quality is def better than all the other OG colorway 5s that dropped this year. Paint quality decent also, unlike the Black Tongues which looked like Nike used kindergarteners to paint them.

Last edited:
Got off work and decided to walk to Foot Locker to see if they have any left. They must have had a whole bunch because there were a BUNCH of people at the register ringing up for the Vs and I was able to snag a pair for me and a coworker. This was at ~6PM, by the way.

If they have the same policy as the Footlocker by me, 6 PM is the deadline for people with tickets to pick up their pairs. After 6 PM, all unclaimed pairs from the raffle are sold to the general public.

Onto the taxis. Hopefully they are as easy as this release

Btw did these come with flat or round laces? Don't 5s normally release with flat?

Last edited:
Dtlr Rhode island in DC had pairs including a 13 last night around 7pm. I got a 12. Also fear iv in a sz 14

Btw did these come with flat or round laces? Don't 5s normally release with flat?
they came with oval laces, i think i like the flat ones that came with the grapes better in these though.

These were not limited as many people expected. The mall around each store received 12 pairs only.. Sold out locally but I was able to snag a pair from NDC around 10 am. Happy non the less. Laney's are my grails.

i dotn really like the oval laces, anyone know where i can find the flat white laces they use on retro 5s? someone help me out

The original laney version had round laces. I'm glad they kept it OG

Beautiful material on these 2013, I like the material on tongue better,definatley one of the smoothest pick up of the year, I chilled out a little while after all guaranteed pairs was picked up, an never seen so many left over pairs , so much that I saw few dudes go back for seconds, manger in Dtlr said they got a good amount.. Had these back in 2000 an my dog (cane corso) got hold of em an turned them into a chew toy,so glad to have them back.. Happy with my pair,an hope all who got em enjoy em.. An rock em, Respect!!

Went with 10 at first because people were saying these weren't TTS and the grape 5's ran big, ended up going with the extra 10.5 that I won from the raffle. The size 10 is nice because they probably won't crease as fast but after a while my toes started hurting because of the lack of space like you were saying. I'll probably just sell the 10 to somebody who missed out on this release in a couple of weeks. 

Not what I wanted I hear. One thing I hate about JB is their inconsistent sizing on each pair even pair of the same model vary from c/w. SMH. Guess I'll try on my pair from NDC when I get it but probably going to have to look for that size swap

Back
Top Bottom