Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Hardest 11 release for me personally was Concords of 2011. I camped at Deveroes (Lou,KY) and the line got bumrushed and police shut down the store. I saw a cop walk out with a pair tho

Last edited:
I remember that too
laugh.gif
That exact pair are on my feet right now. Haha

to this day I have never gotten a pair from Eastbay, I don't see how people do it.
In the early 2000's, when Eastbay was mainly a catalog, you would be able to call and find random sizes of Space Jams, Concords, etc months—or sometimes years—after their release dates. 

Any word on whether these fit a bit bigger like last year's Legend Blue release, or more like in year's past?
thats actually funny because last year was the first year i bought an 11 in the Xis instead of 11.5 (that sounds confusing)

and i thought it was just me changing my preference on fit...

I haven't tried EB since I had purchased playoff 12's back in April 2012.I remember online used to be midnight release. I was able to get 2 pairs and had to wait about 45 minutes to add to cart.

Last edited:
So why did they move up the release date?
Theories I've seen so far:

1) Jordan Brand didn't want to go up against an Adidas Yeezy release.

2) Jordan Brand will be releasing a QS pack right before Xmas (Melo Red 11s and a AJ29).

3) 72-10s were starting to get moldy so Jordan Brand wanted to release them to the public a whole week early.

4) Jordan Brand was getting scared that the Warrior's were getting closer in matching/beating the 72-10 record, so JB wanted to release these 1 week early.

5) Beat the Xmas shipping delay.

6) JB tired of seeing fake 72-10s on Instagram.

7) JB wanted to mess with people since the Maroon 6s were released on 12/5 and wanted people to return them.

8) Because sneaker blogs told them too.

9) Nike Europe F-ed up and listed the release date as 12/12 by mistake and Nike US stopped caring and decided to go with it.

10) Nike/JB employees wanted to get an early vacation.

Last edited:
Theories I've seen so far:

1) Jordan Brand didn't want to go up against an Adidas Yeezy release.
2) Jordan Brand will be releasing a QS pack right before Xmas (Melo Red 11s and a AJ29).
3) 72-10s were starting to get moldy so Jordan Brand wanted to release them to the public a whole week early.
4) Jordan Brand was getting scared that the Warrior's were getting closer in matching/beating the 72-10 record, so JB wanted to release these 1 week early.
5) Beat the Xmas shipping delay.
6) JB tired of seeing fake 72-10s on Instagram.
7) JB wanted to mess with people since the Maroon 6s were released on 12/5 and wanted people to return them.
8) Because sneaker blogs told them too.
9) Nike Europe F-ed up and listed the release date as 12/12 by mistake and Nike US stopped caring and decided to go with it.
10) Nike/JB employees wanted to get an early vacation.

I think #5 is the only logical explanation

I think #5 is the only logical explanation
Sorry, I missed one:

11) Sneaker blog posted that many of the pairs were starting to get yellowing outsoles due to bad storage conditions, so Nike/JB took the blog's word for it and decided to release them 1 week early.

There's been reports of shoes suffering from oxidation already. The soles are yellowing. Check your pairs before you leave the store. I was thought the ice sole was a bad idea on these they definitely won't hold up over the years..

thats actually funny because last year was the first year i bought an 11 in the Xis instead of 11.5 (that sounds confusing)

Yup, definitely could have gone a half size down for the Legend Blues. Debating on what size to aim for this time around.

09 jams were hit or miss depending on where you were. Like you could just line up and grab them back in the day.
I still remember being salty when I struck out online the night they dropped. Woke up the next day and was able to clean up locally. Spots in Baltimore didn't sell out for a few hrs.
Then there was a store that got transferred pairs a week or so later and a lot of dudes at a few days after the release by ordering from Eastbay. Eastbay took a minute to sell out via phone orders.

Jams were a nighmare online, sites crashed and/or were having issues... That release was pretty hyped though. It had been awhile since an 11 had been released by itself (outside of a pack) so no matter what model they released, you would've seen a lot of demand.

There's been reports of shoes suffering from oxidation already. The soles are yellowing. Check your pairs before you leave the store. I was thought the ice sole was a bad idea on these they definitely won't hold up over the years..
i actually thought because theyre frosted it would be less yellowing but i guess im wrong?

Yup, definitely could have gone a half size down for the Legend Blues. Debating on what size to aim for this time around.
didnt even think about it til you mentioned it...

oh well i made my sister enter size 11 on all raffles.

Sorry, I missed one:

11) Sneaker blog posted that many of the pairs were starting to get yellowing outsoles due to bad storage conditions, so Nike/JB took the blog's word for it and decided to release them 1 week early.

Shouldn't this warrant a recall a la AJKO Breds?

Back
Top Bottom