Jordan XI Jubilee Holiday 2020

This is the best I could grab. The only thing is the midsole appears to be orange and blue.
E9F0BC29-250B-46E6-BD59-B19603D729E4.jpeg

72AA932C-787A-4774-9776-375B8FE914F6.jpeg
ErAcnE8XUAEc82t.jpg_large.jpg

ErAcnE8XUAEc82t.jpg_large__01.jpg

Ugh...that's actually a very bad idea....Not liking that color treatment....So he did this custom, or Nike made them for him?

I think he had another PE pair of xis last year that were similarly trash. I doubt they’re customs.

this question also gets brought up for designer brands (louis vuitton, gucci, chanel, etc) with luxury consigners and resellers eg therealreal, fashionphile, etc. the short answer is that it's technically impossible for anyone who isn't the designing house to keep track of every model and variation of everything they put out. there's certain popular items that a lot of people can have "high confidence" of authenticity by virtue of having handled so many of them over the years and keeping up with the latest changes (even "classic" styles in the same colourways get tiny, nearly imperceivable updates over the years, even season to season, sometimes varying by region of production--think lv speedy/keepall bags, chanel classic flaps--their general shape hasn't changed in decades but they've changed the stitching patterns, batches of plastic-coated canvas vary a lot, the hardware tones and weight change every so often, leather supplies vary on a season-to-season basis, etc. etc. etc.)

these houses (and likely nike/jb for that matter) don't have any form of authentication services provided in-house, because a) there's no money to be made doing so and b) at a certain point, it becomes infeasible, even impossible, without certain information; if you tear out date codes and what not, how would they even know what to compare it to?
Excellent point. I always wondered if StockX hired "experts" on Jordans or Yeezys or Supreme but after hearing some stories, clearly that's not the case. Are there any professional shoe authenticators?

All of that is wrong....

Most UA products are made right with the "authentic batch" just at a different time and slightly different place....

They receive the same prototypes of the shoes and make replicas of said shoes with the best materials they have which is usually the same exact materials being used across the street at the "authentic sweat shop" ....
It's not possible Nike solicits bids from various factories?

no. thats not how it works. they are contracted out. then someone from the real factory gives/sells away the specs, ordering info, etc, or a shoe itself.

not all places will sell the exact same materials. thats why they had the exact stuff for the trophy room shoes. or the travis 6, travis dunk, etc.

and they are not made with or across the stret from the real pairs.

The question I have is when ebay starts charging for authentication, as a buyer, if you decline the service and determine they're fake on your own, will they decline a claim stating that you should have purchased the auth service. No way I'm paying for authentication; I can do that just fine myself...
They're copying StockX so the seller will likely pay the fees.

Excellent point. I always wondered if StockX hired "experts" on Jordans or Yeezys or Supreme but after hearing some stories, clearly that's not the case. Are there any professional shoe authenticators?
from what I remembered, there was some sort of announcement from SX about a collab with Nike to authenticate shoes. personally, I call it marketing B.S. since they haven't really stated the authentication process done. like I said, it is really difficult to authenticate shoes manufactured in mass quantities and different batch/production dates. unless they are manufacturing limited edition with certain signature tell-tale. it is becoming increasingly asinine considering the quality has become almost identical. one of the reasons why these products exists is because how Nike itself promoted it's growth by short-changing the customers and also gave rise to resellers. surely, resellers are pissed off about it and would continue to say, nonsense.

it's not like Buyer Scam Protection didn't exist before. that was the other purpose of Paypal before. probably the reason for authentication was to minimize the dispute or complaints of fraudulent transactions. but then again, the lingering questions still remain regarding it's effectiveness or additional cost for such security.
I wouldn't think it's to minimize those claims. I would assume it's to gain customers from StockX and GOAT. Those customers receive that service that eBay wasn't offering.

Clean CW. I don't mind the Jordan lettering on the lacehoops, but I could do without it.

Back
Top Bottom