Jordan XIV CDP

I know the Jordan XIV CDP is a good basketball shoe, but how is it in terms of quality?

The newer Jordans tend to have worse quality, and I want to know if that's the case with the CDP XIV's? Thanks, let me know

Compared to my 04-05 retros, I like the CDP 14s better. The Zoom is significantly softer and just as responsive. And the traction is also just as good. Anklesupport still lacks on both though. The soft outter of the CDP 14s may give some people concerns about support, but I haven't had any problems and I'vekept mine in regular rotation for about a year now. My style is mid-range shooting (both spot-up and off-the-dribble) if that matters.

i know this wasn't my thread in the first place but now you're making me want to look into the cdp 14s lol thanks.

Can anyone else confirm this? Because I have heard really bad things, which makes me think that I cannot trust any one review. But it seems to be okay? Anymore info Tuition would be nice. I see you have the older XIV's, so I guess I can "trust" your thoughts.

Thanks for any more input!

yeah, actually, my friend said that the OG 14s were great but the retros weren't so good on the court and the cdp 14s MIGHT be worse considering thedecrease in quality that is JB these days. i still want to see for myself but i won't know a damn thing since i never owned a pair of Js before lol.

Unfortunately, I don't own a pair of OG 14s so I don't know if the CDP 14s were made "worse", but as I said earlier, I prefer to play in myCDP 14s over my 04-05 retros. And like I said in another thread, I'd only recommend it for people who like to play in low-tops. I don't do muchslashing or hard cutting so ankle support doesn't matter too much to me.

They will last you a good few years IMO if you alternate your shoes. However I feel that the all CDP shoes were cheaply made.

Thanks for the info.

I've been debating whether or not to use them for ball, but since I don't want to risk an ankle injury, I think I'll just use them casually.

i aint tried to hoop in the CDP 14s, but the retro 14s (white / green) were sooooo dope...

my second favorite basketball shoe...

as far as the CDP 14s, they dont feel as shabby as the rest of the Kicks in my own opinion... it seems like they just put a lil more effort into them... again,i aint hooped in them... this is just walkin around in them....

as far as ankle support, i got cememt ankles, and never had a problem, so i couldnt tell you about support.

the traction is ridiculously good... stayed solid thru half a season... they take a lil while to break in, though...

source: entering my junior year of basketball in college...

Back
Top Bottom