Jordan XV Review?

Just wondering how the XV's are for playing ball in. They look like they would be a comfortable shoe at the least. Also I like the look of the XVSE's(black) so some feedback on those would be appreciated as well.

I have the ones that retroed a little over a year ago. The lockdown sucks, there's little to no ankle support, and the zoom air feels like slate. I havewide feet (as in I should really be wearing a 9 but I wear an 8.5 in most ball shoes to get the super snug feel) and my foot was sliding all around. They areextremely light though. My suggestions is that you pass on em. Don't know about SEs.

I have the ones that retroed a little over a year ago. The lockdown sucks, there's little to no ankle support, and the zoom air feels like slate. I havewide feet (as in I should really be wearing a 9 but I wear an 8.5 in most ball shoes to get the super snug feel) and my foot was sliding all around. They areextremely light though. My suggestions is that you pass on em. Don't know about SEs.

i dont like how they fit or play ball in but i didnt have a pair of the og's that were great on the court so i dont know hwat changed

If I had to choose between the XV or the XV SE, I'd go with the SE. First, the SE isn't as "elf like" in appearance, second I lace my shoesway too tight to wear the XV. When you lace the XV tightly, it digs into the front/top of your ankle even if you double sock. I've tried on the XV SE andlaced them very tightly without the pain. The XV SE is on sale @ Finishline for something like $70.

^ i've experienced all this. i have an OG pair and iuno bout the retros. but my biggest complaint is that after a while they feel kinda stiff anduncomfortable at times. sometimes they hurt my feet and i really don't like wearin' em let alone ballin' in 'em..

like i said in my last post, i recently purchased FLIGHTCLUB EDITION XV's still DS.
i dont wear my shoes, well i might wear some heat to show off cause im only 15 and
in high school so i wouldnt want to let my sneaks just sit in my room. but most of my kicks
are simply stacked up and waiting to be worn if so
tongue.gif

I wouldn't ball with them. For me they don't have enough cushoning.

Originally Posted by PL15

I wouldn't ball with them. For me they don't have enough cushoning.
that's how i feel as well, they are comfy for casual wear though, btw i only have the retros so i really don't know how the OG'scushioning was

The first Air Jordan shoe released since his Airness' retirement, the Jordan XV seems to be a bit unsure of what it wants tobe.
by Professor K.
A bird, a plane, a Prada shoe? Those are questions you might ask when you see the Jordan XV.

Modeled after an experimental super-sonic plane, the X-15, the Air Jordan XV also seems to take some cues from high-end dress shoes withits woven upper. The appearance of the XV can be debated to no end, here at Kicksology.net we're more concerned about how the shoe performs on thecourt.
imagespacer_top.gif

review_jordanxv_heel.jpg

spacer.gif

figure 1. The heel of the Air Jordan XV. The numbers you see (23, 6, 15) represent MJ's jersey number, the numberof NBA Championships he won, and the number of this release of the Air Jordan.
imagespacer_bottom.gif

We found that putting the shoe on was a bit difficult because the heel is made of an inflexible pebax material so there's not muchroom at the opening. Once the shoe is on, first impressions are positive. The seamless construction inner sleeve pampers your foot and the forefoot and heelZoom Air units provide a good level of cushioning (though not at the level of the FlightpositeKG). Lacing the shoes is where the problems begin.

Though the size of the shoe was correct, it was difficult to lace the shoe up tightly enough to feel locked in. This may be due to theextremely narrow lacing channel that runs all the way down to the toe of the shoe. The perception of poor fit became a clear reality on the court. Because thefoot is not tightly cradled inside of the shoe there is a tendency towards forward-to-back and side-to-side movement within the shoe. Since the full-lengthinnersleeve is nearly seamless and very smooth, it's unlikely that blistering will be a problem, but "turf toe" is. While this less thanexceptional fit is common in lesser shoes, we expected more from Air Jordans costing $150.
imagespacer_top.gif

review_jordanxv_sole.jpg

spacer.gif

figure 2. Here the standard herringbone outsole pattern is visible as is the large phylon midsole. The numbers 2.17below the Jumpman on the outsole are for Jordan's birthday, February 17.
imagespacer_bottom.gif

In addition to the poor fit there seemed to be some issues with the internal quality of the shoe. After performing quick cuts we couldfeel the forefoot Zoom Air unit shift over from the force of the cut. It took a few steps for the unit to shift back into its proper position. While thisisn't a huge problem, it does seem indicative of poor construction.

That's not to say that there aren't some nice details to the shoe. There are, of course, the metal lace ends with the Jumpmanlogo etched on them and the use of soft, supple leather. Our favorite is the fact that the XV logo on the internal footbed of the shoe is not printed on, as isoften the case, but is instead actually stiched in. Very nice.

We wish that we could say the same about the overall performance of the shoe. In addition to the fit problems, the shoe does not providethe stability that we think a shoe at this price point should provide. While the lack of a large midfoot support plate saves weight, it sacrifices performancein a way that most previous Air Jordan shoes have not.

The bottom line is that the Air Jordan XV is an average shoe, with the exception of weight, where it is exceptionally light. If it wereabout $40 less expensive we might feel more excited about it, but as it is we'd have a hard time recommending this shoe to anyone looking for a highperformance hoops shoe.

Who's Worn It
Ray Allen (G- Milwaukee Bucks), Reggie Miller (G- Indiana Pacers)
header_breakdown.gif

spacer.gif

Air Jordan XV
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

[table][tr][td]overall:
[/td] [td]
bullet_active.gif
bullet_active.gif
bullet_active.gif
bullet_null.gif
bullet_null.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]comfort & fit:
[/td] [td]
bullet_active.gif
bullet_active.gif
bullet_half.gif
bullet_null.gif
bullet_null.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]cushioning:
[/td] [td]
bullet_active.gif
bullet_active.gif
bullet_active.gif
bullet_half.gif
bullet_null.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ankle support:
[/td] [td]
bullet_active.gif
bullet_active.gif
bullet_active.gif
bullet_null.gif
bullet_null.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]weight:*
[/td] [td]15.3 oz
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* based on a Men's U.S. size 11. For comparison, a can of soda weighs 13 oz.[/td] [/tr][/table]
spacer.gif

list price: $150
colorways: black/red,
use: hoops, indoor
position: guard/forward
key technologies: Nike Zoom Air, Seamless Construction Innersleave
release date: December, 1999
availability: currently available in limited colorways
pros: extremely light, comfortable shoe (although fit is not ideal for hoops), and, of course, the cache of his airness
cons: expensive, lacks ankle support, excessive internal foot movement
company: Nike, Inc.
One Bowerman Drive
Beaverton, Oregon 97005-6453

Buying Advice:
The Jordan XV is definitely stylistically, um, different. While the fairly simple combination of a leather and woven fabric upper result in a shoe that isextremely light, many seem to find the appearance of the shoe somewhat lacking. What we found lacking was the fit of the shoe, which resulted in too much footmovement within the shoe. If you're an Air Jordan fanatic you're going to buy this shoe no matter what. If not, you may want to look at some otheroptions that cost less and perform better.
From kicksology

jordan XV are greaaaaaat basket ball shoes...thats about it though
u cant go to a club or a party rockin em..they FUGGLLY

Back
Top Bottom