Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

If it is 90% of the original, as far as the actual shoes go then I can accept that. However, I was expecting $250-270.
Yeah the price with inflation since 2002 is $260. But I don’t know where the extra $40 is coming from. Especially with tech from 2002. No way to legitimize a $300 price tag. I think this is a market test to see what Nike/JB can get away with as far as pricing goes. Right now is the perfect time to test the consumer base by increasing prices with how bad the economy is doing. Everyone needs to let these sit and have either resellers or JB take the loss. This is just anti consumer on every level

Last edited:
They might be expecting these to get marked down anyway. $250 is probably the sweet spot where most people will pull the trigger, that is probably what Nike is thinking.

Yeah the price with inflation since 2002 is $260. But I don’t know where the extra $40 is coming from. Especially with tech from 2002. No way to legitimize a $300 price tag. I think this is a market test to see what Nike/JB can get away with as far as pricing goes. Right now is the perfect time to test the consumer base by increasing prices with how bad the economy is doing. Everyone needs to let these sit and have either resellers or JB take the loss. This is just anti consumer on every level
Theyre not testing anything and get away with it they will. Nike know these will sell out 100% These are another OG shoe MJ wore and will be aimed at the older crowd , they knowing we have the funds to shell out , bad economy or not. Just a matter of getting the logistics ready on how the release will go.

Unless they're only making 10K pairs of these or whatever counts as truly limited, these are going to rot. Pricing these at $300 is tone deaf at a time when the cost of everything is through the roof, sneaker resale prices have somewhat crashed, and these shoes aren't like some uber-special Jordan made with the highest-quality materials the sneaker world has ever seen. The eff even supposedly justifies the 17 low as $300?
If they had, say, never retroed the XI or even the WC or BC III and they finally did now and charged $300, it would still be total BS but I could at least see the thinking. But 17 lows as the shoe you choose to really test the limits of retail pricing? Uh, OK, then.

Back
Top Bottom