Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

Yeah idk, as a consumer obviously I hate it. But from the brand’s POV can you really blame them? Creating hype in this fashion works unfortunately.

I still have the suitcaee from my wizards pair

It’s crushed and full of only god knows what tho😂
IMG_2355.jpeg

Dooky stain and all 🔥

It does matter. Mistakes are mistakes and they do have consequences, even if they aren't immediate. Nike only has so long to milk the people who actually love Mike the player and watched that All Star game. This was an incredibly dumb release and a missed opportunity they won't get back.
All it does is save me money. The more Nike pulls antics like this to drive up demand and hype the easier it is for me to not shop with the brand.

Hyperflights were definitely one of the back to school shoes my freshman year of high school in 2001! I wanted the black ones, royal blue ones(probably the best color), and the purple ones. They were so dope looking back then. Everyone had those along with the FP3’s that year. Had the DMV in a chokehold lol. But, the creasing was so bad on those Hyperflights. Definitely a great looking shoe. I heard they weren’t that comfortable. I remember them being extremely light.

Growing up in Atlanta we were hit by the Nike HF wave. I was able to grab a Blk/ Hologram pair of Hyper Flights around that time-frame. They definitely were light & gave off a futuristic appeal. However, the creasing of the toes made this shoe age fast & ugly af!

Then don’t make em, simple. Cases like this, they don’t end up in the hands of the people that woulda bought em either way. Tell the rep they need to handle it differently next time around, to allow access to more that actually like, and appreciate the shoes.

Bottom line. The brand doesn’t care. They don’t care if guys like us get them, or resellers get em. Unfortunately, they want a sell out period. These achieved that. Job well done in their eyes

If cats had bought those Copper 17s with the regular box and they didnt rot, we wouldve had more pairs. #JustSaying

If cats had bought those Copper 17s with the regular box and they didnt rot, we wouldve had more pairs. #JustSaying
I just don’t understand the purpose to push models that don’t generally sell well… as a fan, we appreciate seeing them come back, but also as a fan, we get frustrated when they make em basically unattainable for retail.

I wish they were more in touch with the people that continue to support the brand, and HAVE for many years.

I just don’t understand the purpose to push models that don’t generally sell well… as a fan, we appreciate seeing them come back, but also as a fan, we get frustrated when they make em basically unattainable for retail.

I wish they were more in touch with the people that continue to support the brand, and HAVE for many years.
To play devil’s advocate here maybe this release and the hype garners enough interest in 17’s to release one in higher numbers that does sell. It’ll be interesting to see how the AMM’s do, especially dropping two cws. Most of their collabs last year had pretty high stock outside the dusk 5

Growing up in Atlanta we were hit by the Nike HF wave. I was able to grab a Blk/ Hologram pair of Hyper Flights around that time-frame. They definitely were light & gave off a futuristic appeal. However, the creasing of the toes made this shoe age fast & ugly af!
I know which one you’re talking about. Those were the Hyperflights 2’s. Pretty much the same shoe, but just had the holographic sides. I believe those came out December of 2001 while the Hyperflights 1’s came out July of 2001(multiple colors came out the same day)

To play devil’s advocate here maybe this release and the hype garners enough interest in 17’s to release one in higher numbers that does sell. It’ll be interesting to see how the AMM’s do, especially dropping two cws. Most of their collabs last year had pretty high stock outside the dusk 5
We’ve seen this before, we’ll see it again… they do what they want, it’s rare they cater to the people that actually want the stuff. Availability, quality (which I have to say has gotten better in most cases), comfort, and other minor reasons has pushed me towards other branches of Nike, and also other brands. Nike/JB focus more towards the younger crowd, which is obvious…and honestly, probably the smart business move for them… how many of “us” older heads are still actively buying a lot of the stuff we used to? Just on IG, people I follow that I’ve known from NT years ago, seem to not even be into kicks these days. Used to wear nothing but Nike, are now wearing boat shoes n ****. We’re getting phased out 😂

End of the day, this drop was bittersweet… am I a little salty I took (many) Ls? Of course. At the same time, kinda feels good I didn’t drop almost $350 RETAIL on a pair of kicks.

Sorry for all the text lol. I’m not that mad, really I’m not. Just disappointed….

….anyway, how many of y’all still haven’t heard anything from undftd?

I don’t disagree totally with you but 17+ are less popular then highs or lows. However they go for well over retail in most sizes. The coppers and the bulls colorway they dropped in 2016 felt nothing like the OGs. Was that a reason they didn’t sell?

Crazy to think Dior 1 lows were easier to obtain then these. And Premiobins was more affordable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom