Josh Hamilton is slippin' (pics)

Next time somebody steps out on their wife, tell the wife that you're sorry, God put you there, and thankfully he'll be helping you find yourway.......

See if she don't help you find your way out on your @#$ with child support checks due. Then come in here and tell NT about it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Faith, Church, religion, Moses wouldn't stop my wife from grabbin a shotgun and explaining to me her anger of me touching other women. But we must not beChristian enough.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Man I don't think ANYBODY is saying that CP..

Obviously every relationship is different.. I don't think I'd wanna be married to a woman that was OK with me doing this kinda crap at a bar... Butwith everything they've been through? This isn't a pothole compared to the caverns they've been through... If she didn't leave his @$! afterthe severe relapse binge three days after their second child was born, it's pretty obvious it's gonna take more than this to come between them...

And I refuse to believe she's a "in it for the $$$$" wife, as I think you've semi-insinuated a couple of times.. If that were the case, shewoulda left his @$! after he snorted and drank away his rookie signing bonus and had the door all but closed on his baseball career...
laugh.gif

Naw, I don't think she a total money hungry chaser.......but can't tell me she isn't gettin somethin outta this.
laugh.gif

Check the phone records, gotta be some calls made to jewelers around town 'round mid January. Gotta be.
laugh.gif

She obviously a tough chick who's put up with a lotta crap. That's totally cool that she can let go like that and stay the course, got no problem withthat. But I do have a question, and that is, at what point do you look at your two little daughters and say to them, don't ever let some scumbag boy treatyou this way or that way, knowing full well what their own father has done to their mom? Josh need to look at that perspective and find his way thru that.
I have a small daughter myself, and everyday I worry about what times will be like when she grown. Luckily my wife is a tough ol broad and I doubt I'll bewhip creaming any strippers any time soon..........this is getting depressing.
roll.gif
But serious, Josh is gonna be kickin himself soon as he finds out some douche bag is bouncin around with tramps while his little girls are at homewith their kids someday acceptin it.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

She obviously a tough chick who's put up with a lotta crap. That's totally cool that she can let go like that and stay the course, got no problem with that. But I do have a question, and that is, at what point do you look at your two little daughters and say to them, don't ever let some scumbag boy treat you this way or that way, knowing full well what their own father has done to their mom? Josh need to look at that perspective and find his way thru that.
Oh I ENTIRELY agree... My ex-fiance slept with some dude she worked with less than two months after we got engaged, so believe me, I got no damntolerance for that kinda crap whether it's men or women... What Josh has put his family through, throughout everything involving his addiction, is NOT agood look... You just gotta hope he and his wife, strong as their relationship appears to be, have the sense to teach those girls to expect better from theirmen, know that daddy has made HUGE mistakes in his life and that what they've grown up around ain't how things are supposed to work...

Some parents know how to relate what they've been through and teach their children to learn from the mistakes they've made and what they've gonethrough, and you gotta hope Josh and his wife are those kinda parents...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

She obviously a tough chick who's put up with a lotta crap. That's totally cool that she can let go like that and stay the course, got no problem with that. But I do have a question, and that is, at what point do you look at your two little daughters and say to them, don't ever let some scumbag boy treat you this way or that way, knowing full well what their own father has done to their mom? Josh need to look at that perspective and find his way thru that.
Oh I ENTIRELY agree... My ex-fiance slept with some dude she worked with less than two months after we got engaged, so believe me, I got no damn tolerance for that kinda crap whether it's men or women... What Josh has put his family through, throughout everything involving his addiction, is NOT a good look... You just gotta hope he and his wife, strong as their relationship appears to be, have the sense to teach those girls to expect better from their men, know that daddy has made HUGE mistakes in his life and that what they've grown up around ain't how things are supposed to work...

Some parents know how to relate what they've been through and teach their children to learn from the mistakes they've made and what they've gone through, and you gotta hope Josh and his wife are those kinda parents...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

The truth of the matter is he did not come clean with the fans and the media when this incident happened. That makes him a hypocrite. If you use the media toparade your story around about how you have overcome your addiction by belief in god and have all the fans behind you when you performed at the Home Run Derby.You should also come clean to the fans and the media before the pics came out. He would've kept this a secret between his family and team forever and forthat he is a hypocrite. On one hand he doesn't have a issue with the media building him up as this amazing person and putting his mug on the cover of everysports mag out there. But when it comes to owning up to the same people you allowed to spread your "god" story, you wait till the pictures have cameout, meaning till you got caught. This happened in January and here it is August and we are finding out about it. I only turn to one Michael Vick who hasshowed remorse and paid his debt back to society but yet still looked at with odds by the media. I assure you that if this was Vick in some club or bar doingthe same thing the reaction would not be the same by the corporate media. I don't say this because I want Hamilton to be demolished by the media but I wantfairness when it comes to athletes and that is not happening. Do I think its a race thing? Not so much as it is a perception thing. When Hamilton discusses hismistake with the media he is praised for "owning up" to it(yet he didn't till the pics came out) but when Vick talks about his remorse for hisactions every columnist and anchor head at ESPN likes to read in to his statement whether he was telling the truth and what not. At the end of the day they arejust people. No different then you and I, but we hold them to higher standards then we hold ourselves and that my friends is grotesque.

Hamilton doesn't "owe" anybody but his own family. He don't give a @#$% what you or I think. Be serious.

And Vick didn't "own" up to jack squat, that dude was caught, flat out lied every second of the way and paid for it. This ain't even close.

laugh.gif
Comparing this situation to Michael Vick... Oh my God...
roll.gif
Why do people grasp at straws so damn hard to absolve Michael Vick of his issues?It's not remotely the same thing...

And why does Josh Hamilton need to say anything before this is released? It's not like he seeks out the media attention. I've never seen Josh Hamiltongo out of his way to get his face on TV and shove his story down your throat... ESPN may have beaten this thing to death when he came back and after the Derbylast year, but be serious... Josh isn't out here begging anybody for attention and going out of his way to make a sideshow of himself and his past...

Next time somebody steps out on their wife, tell the wife that you're sorry, God put you there, and thankfully he'll be helping you find your way.......

See if she don't help you find your way out on your @#$ with child support checks due. Then come in here and tell NT about it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Faith, Church, religion, Moses wouldn't stop my wife from grabbin a shotgun and explaining to me her anger of me touching other women. But we must not be Christian enough.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Oh I ENTIRELY agree... My ex-fiance slept with some dude she worked with less than two months after we got engaged, so believe me, I got no damn tolerance for that kinda crap whether it's men or women... What Josh has put his family through, throughout everything involving his addiction, is NOT a good look... You just gotta hope he and his wife, strong as their relationship appears to be, have the sense to teach those girls to expect better from their men, know that daddy has made HUGE mistakes in his life and that what they've grown up around ain't how things are supposed to work...

Some parents know how to relate what they've been through and teach their children to learn from the mistakes they've made and what they've gone through, and you gotta hope Josh and his wife are those kinda parents...

eek.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

sorry to hear that dirk.

It's sad he had a relapse and people jumping on him and his faith. I only hope this makes him a stronger person and his relationships w/ his fam and Jesusstrengthens

Romans 3:10
There is no one righteous, not even one

Romans 3:22-24
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did thisthrough Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

See, I'm not big on the whole religion pushing, God-this, God-that thing either... I go to Church, I believe in God, I've read the Bible... But
I've never been one to sit down and discuss my beliefs with other people and push them onto people... I don't believe in mission trips and trying to
convert people's faiths and all that... Just not my thing... I'm not here to judge or tell you whether you're right or wrong...

But I do think people who are open or vocal about their beliefs, get WAY too much hate when they screw up... And it's not just here. It's everywhere...
Because someone is open about their faith and their belief in God and doing things the right way, they better lead perfect lives and never do anything that
strays from those beliefs?

It's like the Dwight Howard thing several months back when it came out he knocked up that broad... The religion jokes and comments were ENDLESS.. He was a
fraud, a hypocrite, whatever... People make mistakes. Nobody lives a life free of sin and mistake... Sure, Hamilton and Howard are open about their faith, but
I've NEVER heard either one of them come out and say somebody was this or that because of their mistakes... I don't think either one of them are such
extreme Bible beaters or in-your-face with their beliefs that they deserve extra criticism when they make mistakes...

i get what you are saying. but when people are all self-righteous they shouldnt even be putting themselves in a position to "make a mistake". im not mad at the guy or anything, its just a funny situation. i might be a skeptic but i doubt this is the only time this has happened.

I'd be willing to bet on it. This is just the first time it was publicized.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

See, I'm not big on the whole religion pushing, God-this, God-that thing either... I go to Church, I believe in God, I've read the Bible... But I've never been one to sit down and discuss my beliefs with other people and push them onto people... I don't believe in mission trips and trying to convert people's faiths and all that... Just not my thing... I'm not here to judge or tell you whether you're right or wrong...

But I do think people who are open or vocal about their beliefs, get WAY too much hate when they screw up... And it's not just here. It's everywhere... Because someone is open about their faith and their belief in God and doing things the right way, they better lead perfect lives and never do anything that strays from those beliefs?

It's like the Dwight Howard thing several months back when it came out he knocked up that broad... The religion jokes and comments were ENDLESS.. He was a fraud, a hypocrite, whatever... People make mistakes. Nobody lives a life free of sin and mistake... Sure, Hamilton and Howard are open about their faith, but I've NEVER heard either one of them come out and say somebody was this or that because of their mistakes... I don't think either one of them are such extreme Bible beaters or in-your-face with their beliefs that they deserve extra criticism when they make mistakes...

i get what you are saying. but when people are all self-righteous they shouldnt even be putting themselves in a position to "make a mistake". im not mad at the guy or anything, its just a funny situation. i might be a skeptic but i doubt this is the only time this has happened.

I think you misunderstand Josh as being "self-righteous." You (as well as bazillions of other people) seem to think that when somebody like Josh finds God that what they are saying is "Oh I'm religious now, now I am a changed man and I am going to live and act perfectly." In fact what they're saying is, "I realize that I'm a flawed human being who screws up all the time, I'm glad that God forgives me for all these sins and with his help I am going to try my best to live a better life." He isn't going around thinking he's better than everybody now that he's a Christian, quite the opposite.

if you bring up God all the time and are borderline preaching Christianity, you better live like a saint. better to just say hey i like to do dumb things andmaybe i should learn to keep it under control or just not apologize for it.

by the way i dont think that he thinks hes better than anyone. i just happen to think hes full of @%%$. but to be honest, i dont even mind that he goes arounddrinking and licking whip cream off women. better to acknowledge the type of person you are than to keep apologizing for it.

How come people are quick to give him a pass but slam Strawberry, Gooden and Charles Rogers is a drug addict (admitted weed smoker and did rehab stints)?

@#$% outta here with all that BS. Everytime some damn idiot gets in trouble they hide behind faith and religion and use God like he's their alibi. Friggin disgusting.
Agreed. Just say you made a mistake and move on.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

How come people are quick to give him a pass but slam Strawberry, Gooden and Charles Rogers is a drug addict (admitted weed smoker and did rehab stints)?

@#$% outta here with all that BS. Everytime some damn idiot gets in trouble they hide behind faith and religion and use God like he's their alibi. Friggin disgusting.
Agreed. Just say you made a mistake and move on.

its because they are black.. easy as that.. when they are white they "made a mistake" but when they are black they are "thugs"... Blackpeople are held to higher standards.. It's true for every facet of life why not sports? This also goes for women as well.. What's the saying? Womenhave to work twice as hard to earn a mans pay. Yes we have come a long way but if you don't think SOME of the media are not doing this you are a fool...How many more examples do you need? I'm white and I know this too be true. Its just clear as day to me. BUT ITS NOT ALL CASES EITHER!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

See, I'm not big on the whole religion pushing, God-this, God-that thing either... I go to Church, I believe in God, I've read the Bible... But I've never been one to sit down and discuss my beliefs with other people and push them onto people... I don't believe in mission trips and trying to convert people's faiths and all that... Just not my thing... I'm not here to judge or tell you whether you're right or wrong...

But I do think people who are open or vocal about their beliefs, get WAY too much hate when they screw up... And it's not just here. It's everywhere... Because someone is open about their faith and their belief in God and doing things the right way, they better lead perfect lives and never do anything that strays from those beliefs?

It's like the Dwight Howard thing several months back when it came out he knocked up that broad... The religion jokes and comments were ENDLESS.. He was a fraud, a hypocrite, whatever... People make mistakes. Nobody lives a life free of sin and mistake... Sure, Hamilton and Howard are open about their faith, but I've NEVER heard either one of them come out and say somebody was this or that because of their mistakes... I don't think either one of them are such extreme Bible beaters or in-your-face with their beliefs that they deserve extra criticism when they make mistakes...

I think you misunderstand Josh as being "self-righteous." You (as well as bazillions of other people) seem to think that when somebody like Josh finds God that what they are saying is "Oh I'm religious now, now I am a changed man and I am going to live and act perfectly." In fact what they're saying is, "I realize that I'm a flawed human being who screws up all the time, I'm glad that God forgives me for all these sins and with his help I am going to try my best to live a better life." He isn't going around thinking he's better than everybody now that he's a Christian, quite the opposite.

if you bring up God all the time and are borderline preaching Christianity, you better live like a saint. better to just say hey i like to do dumb things and maybe i should learn to keep it under control or just not apologize for it.

by the way i dont think that he thinks hes better than anyone. i just happen to think hes full of @%%$. but to be honest, i dont even mind that he goes around drinking and licking whip cream off women. better to acknowledge the type of person you are than to keep apologizing for it.
Did my entire post go over your head?

Christianity isn't a religion that is based on people doing good works and living a perfect life. The premise is that EVERYBODY, even the Pope, MotherTheresa, and your pastor, sins and screws up all the time; humans are born with a sinful nature. Of course what Josh did is a little more egregious than thesins that Mother Teresa was comitting
laugh.gif
, but the principle is still the same: we all fall short of the glory of God. Christianity is a religion for brokenpeople who are desperate and need to be transformed, not for self-righteous people who try to live a perfect life of their own volition. Why do you think Jesuswas always hanging around thieves and prostitutes?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

Christianity and Catholicism are corporations and most of the followers are blind to that fact.
Ah, now it makes sense...

eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom