JR Writer, Hell Rell & 40 Cal - The Upstage [Album]

"The core Dipset members" dropped 'Diplomatic Ties', so on that same night, JR Writer, Hell Rell, and 40 Cal decided to join the party and drop their own album called 'The Upstage' as well. Like what I heard from it. Tom Gist and A-Mafia appear on here as well.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-22-at-10.47.29-AM.png

Can't believe how polished it sounds. Thought it would be poor quality and laziness. This **** is fire. EASILY one of my favorite albums of the year.

Vado was never in Dipset sooooo no.

I’ve played this album probably 12 times. This is one of my favorite albums this year. I still can’t believe how good it is.

Skull Gang was so trash. And nah, other than having everyone together, the only other people that could have been added were Jha Jha ( :rofl:) and Bezel.

he technically was, that UN ish was a proxy for da set, same as skullgang & byrdgang was.

Yeah but him and Cam were after Dipset. He wasn't on none of the Dipset albums. We good and I'm a Vado fan but no thanks

Vado wasn't in Dip Set

Vado was an affiliate. Like a Shyhiem or Sunz of Man. He didn't pop up until Cam and Jim were on the outs. That's like saying Max B was Dip Set.

That's like saying Max B was Dip Set.

max b was jackin dipset....

max-b-guilty.jpg

byrdgang/dipset

vado was Un/dipset

273-1200x800_c.jpg

and da way dipset works these days, everoeve who isn't juelz, cam, or Jim is a affiliate, that includes stalwarts like Unkasa, 40 cal, hell rell, jr writer, etc.

Hell Rell & Un Kasa (Volume 1)
JR and 40 (Volume 2)

The rest are like Shyhiem, Killah Priest, Killarmy and Sunz Of Man

Hell Rell & Un Kasa (Volume 1)
JR and 40 (Volume 2)

The rest are like Shyhiem, Killah Priest, Killarmy and Sunz Of Man

wu affiliations aren't as tied close as da dipset ones... would be my only gripe with ur comparison because to just cite da albums instead of looking at da mixtape lineage omits tooo much.

max b, sen city, vado, stack bundles, etc. hold more weight ala Cappadonna w/ da wutang.

Max B and Mel Matrix were on More Than Music Vol 2 :lol:

Haven’t heard from Tom Gist since 07, but he released an EP back in July called Better Days:

418F631E-51EB-4FFD-959A-8C81F46AA1D0.jpeg

Loved So Free cuz i instantly recognized the Tears For Fears sample. Woman In Chains been one of my favorite songs since i was a kid.

With all these euro rappers gettin more buzz its messed up SAS aint gettin more shine

by then they were done as a unit. Juelz and Jim both had their problems with Cam.

That's where Duke came in and it became a compilation.

Still one of my favorites

Revisited both Vol 1 and Vol 2 and that’s pretty much the same vibe I get with Upstage. They did a really good job with this. They never lost bars, but I’m really impressed with the production cause I figured it would be cheap sounding, but it’s legit.

Back
Top Bottom