Just A Thought

Alright just a random thought
Why is there so much hate on all of these so-called "frankenstein" or "monster" shoes (spiz'ikes, dub-zeros etc.)
when the entire Jordan Brand started on a monster shoe yes I'm referring to the Air Jordan 1 now before you
start flaming think about it the Air Jordan 1 wasn't so original it was a composition of the Air Force 1, Terminator, and Dunks
so flame if you want but I felt i needed to be heard

good point. i actually like a couple of the spiz'ikes etc but they give out crap colorways like the new black gold spiz'ikes. and people claim thatthey ruin a classic but as jb proved with the new oly 7s they can do that without a frankenstein model.

you get a
tongue.gif

i rather have them make frankenstein inventions than to ruin classics such as the sevens and other models, as long as you leave those alone its all good

Well its true, but the AJ 1 didn't sell well at all when they released. Sales were poor & ended up selling less than half the retail price. Theyweren't popular in sales until the retro release in 2001. But this was because of all the history that the shoe then contained. You have many releasessince the I & then the retro came along, so it was a piece of shoe history there.

With the Dub Zeros & The Spiz'ikes, its just another release that people can put on the "bad list". After many releases of butchered shoes& horrendous colorways, its just in a way to a lot of people in adding fuel to the fire.

Some to like both those releases, but out of the 3 shoes that have mixed shoe inspirations (AJ I, Dub Zeros, Spiz'ikes), the AJ I is the only one that hadtrue history.

Plus, the Spiz'ikes & Dub Zeros aren't the only recent or past Jordans to combine different shoe models.

Well its true, but the AJ 1 didn't sell well at all when they released. Sales were poor & ended up selling less than half the retail price. They weren't popular in sales until the retro release in 2001. But this was because of all the history that the shoe then contained.
really? hmm...

SI Article. go to page 37.

Incase you are too lazy to read, Nike made $110 million off of the AJ1 footwear alone, that's 2,300,000 pairs. Plus an additional $18 million off ofapparel.

^Maybe after all 12 models released
laugh.gif
, but when they first came out, (black/red & white/black/red) they didn't sell well (what I was refering to inmy post). Thanks for the effort on the research though...

I GET UR POINT AIRJORDANJB2 BUT ALSO THE SPIZIKE WAS MADE TO CELEBRATE THE CAREER OF SPIKE LEE AND IF THAT ISNT HISTORY I DONT KNOW WHAT IS

fushions are crap from other shoes with J's which is a bad mix.

dubs and spizikes are all jordan.......

Sponge Bob dub zeros are pretty dope....lol

hey ajjb2, you're wrong about the 1's. they were pretty damn popular at my highschool, even the fat kids who liked dungeons and dragons had them. Andif you had bothered to read that si link, you'd have seen the (110 million)quote was from november 1986. The AJ1 saved nike from some rough financialtimes....I don't know where you dreamt up it didnt sell well.

good point, but mj didnt actually play in the spizikes. he played in the 1s and theres alot of sentimental memories attached to that shoe

The second round of releases for the AJ 1 didn't sell well. Nike was behind the demand when they tried to push them again. The second releases are what saton the shelves for months/sometimes years.

nothin realy that bad in ma case
but it truly has to be the colorway jb gives it
lik the fusions model is great but some of the colorways are horrible

Back
Top Bottom