Just finished Mad Men ssn. 4.... now what?

I just watched all the way through Mad Men, loved it. Need a new show. 

I'm thinking either:
soprano.jpg

or 

the-wire1.jpg

I know both are must-see... but which comes first? 

OR is there a wild card that I haven't even thought of yet?

^^ I agree

Also try checking out "Sons of Anarchy" and "Breaking Bad"

Is "Mad Men" really that good?

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Yes. I dont know why, but I got hooked on it and always make sure I dont miss an episode. It might be the dialogue, because there are a lot of moments that seemed like big deals, that just kind of disappeared over the course of the story. Unless the writers are planning on bringing the stuff back later. That kind of stuff usually turns me off of a show completely, but I always check for Mad Men...

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Yes. I dont know why, but I got hooked on it and always make sure I dont miss an episode. It might be the dialogue, because there are a lot of moments that seemed like big deals, that just kind of disappeared over the course of the story. Unless the writers are planning on bringing the stuff back later. That kind of stuff usually turns me off of a show completely, but I always check for Mad Men...

Cool thanks, Ill be sure to check it out soon

IMHO, this:
the-suitcase-20100907063955532.jpg
is one of the single greatest episodes on any tv show in history...

-J-

i'm in the same boat OP...I hate that feeling when you are done with the last episode. Def check out Breaking Bad, and Dexter. Dexter is the best one i've seen.

dr89k5.jpg

No question. I'm borderline obsessed right now. Got to the end of the box set and put disc 1 back in. I've been reading fan fiction and everything.

Just finished Breaking Bad, and almost done with all of Big Love's finale season.

I need to finish watching season 4 of Mad Men and after that I don't know where to go.

But to op, I say Sopranos then The Wire. The Wire is my favorite of the two, I feel that Sopranos is all talk where The Wire stuff happens and there's more 'action' imo. Also when you watch The Wire, pay attention theres alot of things that go on, there are things that occur in season one that pop up in season 5. Alot of attention is needed with The Wire.

OP, the dialogue is what makes Mad Men a great show. With that being said, I'd highly recommend The Wire, along with everybody else. Also, other series that are entertaining and not too dumb are True Blood and Boardwalk Empire. I've heard Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are amaing, so they're next on my list. Working from home with zero work ftw

Californication Boardwalk empire or Dexter should be your next choices.

I dont plan on watching the wire or the sopranos not my cup of tea maybe further down the line....

I never thought i'd find a show better than LOST, but Dexter really is pushing that idea.

Californication would be the best to start up since it's just about to finish it's 4 season. LOST, The Wire, Sopranos are about 5-6 seasons
Boardwalk Empire is really good, I could never really get into Dexter

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I never thought i'd find a show better than LOST, but Dexter really is pushing that idea.
i loved lost 
dexter is good but its not touching lost...yet...but im not done with season 1 yet 

Originally Posted by kdawg

dr89k5.jpg

No question. I'm borderline obsessed right now. Got to the end of the box set and put disc 1 back in. I've been reading fan fiction and everything.

and Sopranos

Back
Top Bottom