Just got a window tint ticket.

So I got my girlfriend's car tinted last week, and got I ticket this past weekend
indifferent.gif

My questions are:
  • Will it effect my insurance if I get the ticket more than once?
  • Would it be better to go to court and show that I removed it, or just pay the prepaid fine?
  • Will the tint ticket stay on your record if you pay it?
  • Finally, can they see if it has happened multiple times?
I'm in Virginia by the way. I just had to merge right next to a cop on I-95 just outside of Richmond.

Anyone have any experience?

I hate our tint laws 
30t6p3b.gif
got my civy tinted and got a warning the same day.

my uncles 350 is blacked out all the way around, dude just doesn't give a $%*$. he hasn't gotten it removed, think he just pays the ticket every time
laugh.gif

what's the %?

how do they give tickets for tinted windows and everyone is running around with tinted license plates?

Sucks. Cops here are pretty chill about it as long as your not riding around like an idiot. I have 5% all the way around and I got my whole windshield 35% and I'm yet to even get stopped by a cop about it.

Forgot to mention, it has 30% all around, but it registered at 26% since the factory windows have about a 97%-98% tint.

Legal limit is 50% front, and 35% back. I know I was breaking the law, so I'm not worried about that. Just wanting to see if it stays on your record/insurance and if it's better to get it "removed" or just pay the fine.

@ThunderChunk69 I KNOW RIGHT. I guess cause it's more of a revenue maker for the Commonwealth. Meh.

Originally Posted by RetroSneaks26

Window tint is not a  moving violation. It will not affect your insurance.

That's what I was assuming. But is the mere fact that I got a ticket/keep getting tickets enough to raise my rates?

I have gotten a box full of fixing tickets over the course of my 13 years of driving, modified exhaust, lowered car, etc...my insurance has never gone up because of them. You should be good.

Back
Top Bottom