Just got fired yesterday vol. Merry Christmas

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Why do you feel like a terrible Dad. You didn't do anything wrong..did you? Why did you really get fired though? What could her reasoning possibly be? And don't even stress it. Pray and you'll be fine. You don't have to spend money for your kids to enjoy his bday and holidays. Go on a trip, spend quality time. Time>Material things
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

2005-06-17-faith.png

Anyways...

OP isn't telling us something.

Either you knew this was coming because your boss is a livewire (a coke head? Really?), OR you are trying to cover for your own faults as an employee.

It would be EXTREMELY random for him to flip a coin and decide to fire you. 

I was a buyer/retail sales. Sounds like a easy thing to find another job but I have two felony convictions on my record from over 10 years ago being being a stupid teen. In this job market it's hard to compete with others with no criminal record.

Idk if this'll help....your yuku profile says you're in WA so I found this. Definitely go and talk to him first though.

"Washington is what's called an "at will" state. Employers may hire and fire "at will." There are no laws regarding termination, so employers are not required to give warnings or follow any particular steps. If you want or need to know the reason for discharge, you may send a written request asking the employer for a signed written statement of the reason for your discharge and the effective date. Employers are required to respond to the request in writing within 10 days.
You also have the option of seeking civil recourse through a private attorney for wrongful termination. If you think you were fired as a result of unlawful discrimination, you may wish to consult with the Human Rights Commission.
Here are some toll­free phone numbers to the HRC:Olympia­Western Washington: 1­800­233­3247
Seattle/Western Washington: 1­800­605­7324
Yakima/Eastern Washington: 1­800­662­2755
Another option, if you allege discrimination based on a violation of federal civil­rights laws, is the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. For a toll­free connection to the nearest EEOC office, call 1­800­669­4000."

http://resources.lawinfo....r-no-good-reason-is.html

Pretty lame to fire someone via text message. Your boss sounds like a prick. I know things seem pretty low right now, but hopefully you'll be able to look back in a year and consider this a blessing in disguise.

Sorry to hear that OP. If it's not too late, try to find a holiday temp job just to hold the fort down until you get a more permanent job.

Don't feel like you are being a bad dad for losing your job. That is out of your control. The fact that you are there for your kids is the most important part.

Talk to your landlord and tell him/her about your situation, hopefully they will understand especially if you have been good with rent in the past.

Pump out as many job applications as you can, everyday and hope someone bites.

Unemployment won't cover my rent although it will help. My boss was just a crazy type guy. He always talked about how we were at war with other stores and about how the goverment was going to make us their slaves next year. He always tried to tell me that I need to learn to hunt and fish so when the end of the world came I could survive. He was a crazy annoying guy but I always thought we were cool. I think he wants to take over my job himself to save money.

Damn tough spot, Seasonal Hiring should be over so anything you get now will be long term. Look into hospital kitchen staff and the baggage handler, ramp agent for an airline. Not that much money beginning but their forgiving of people's past. Good luck, I would tell your son about it though, it teaches him about life (First hand experience from seeing my pops going through it multiple times).

I really feel for you OP in that you lost your job, but I can't shake the idea that you aren't being completely forefront about WHY you were fired. I mean, you're painting a picture of your boss as man who is insane...but you stuck around. All I know is that if I was in your position, I would have been looking for another job the minute you suspected your boss was crazy and after his coke bust.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Unemployment won't cover my rent although it will help. My boss was just a crazy type guy. He always talked about how we were at war with other stores and about how the goverment was going to make us their slaves next year. He always tried to tell me that I need to learn to hunt and fish so when the end of the world came I could survive. He was a crazy annoying guy but I always thought we were cool. I think he wants to take over my job himself to save money.

Son, these were all signs to get the #!%! out of there and find a new job. You should've known.

I was a buyer/retail sales. Sounds like a easy thing to find another job but I have two felony convictions on my record from over 10 years ago being being a stupid teen. In this job market it's hard to compete with others with no criminal record.

Welp.... Back to the Kitchen you need to GOOOO!

crack-9.jpg

jeezy-103.jpg

Your boss sounds like satan in the flesh. You don't need to work for him anyways, you're better than that. He sounds like a low down dirty shame. Do you have anything that you can sell off? Computers, Laptops, Shoes?
What did you get arrested for though? Drug charges? Robbery?

And before you do anything drastic, don't do anything drastic. I know some people in your shoes would take matters into their own hands and start robbing, mugging, selling contraband etc. You have a family, you don't need to take that route

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Getting fired through Text?... Is that Legal?
laugh.gif
I think it is legal but who fires someone through a text
indifferent.gif
.  And who fires someone at this time of year?  If he was going to do it, he should have done it at the beginning of the month.

Just stay positive (I know it is easier said than done)

OP right now is a good time to start looking for a job because around jan is when a lot of places are hiring
terrible boss though i wouldve left when he got arrested for cocaine

You were fired via text
indifferent.gif
? Your boss must've never heard Ludacris' "Say It to My Face"

ProTip: Praying does absolutely nothing.

He lost his job, is scared he won't make rent and you tell him to go on a trip? You possibly can't be THAT dumb, can you?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

ProTip: Praying does absolutely nothing.

He lost his job, is scared he won't make rent and you tell him to go on a trip? You possibly can't be THAT dumb, can you?

I have to co-sign this.  Really quite a foolish suggestion.

Sidenote to the OP:

Let this be a lesson to you all to have money set aside in case of emergencies.

There is no reason we shouldnt be able to make the current month's rent in situations like this.

OP, I suggest you get off NT and invest all your time and energy spreading your resume, or even talking with your competitors.

Its going to be rough and you already know the strikes against you, so it can only go UP from here.

You already know why people won't like you so you have to compensate that much more.

Get busy and I wish you all the best.

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Why do you feel like a terrible Dad. You didn't do anything wrong..did you? Why did you really get fired though? What could her reasoning possibly be? And don't even stress it. Pray and you'll be fine. You don't have to spend money for your kids to enjoy his bday and holidays. Go on a trip, spend quality time. Time>Material things
Tell your family,especially your spouse, like right now.
You are not  a bad father, bad fathers dont take care of seeds, let alone know bdays.

laugh.gif
@ the thread title...hands down one of the funniest worded titles for a thread.

OP thats rough but worrying never got anyone anywhere. Your former employer is a douche but thats not your problem anymore...recoup your conscious and take a day off spend it with the fam and beat the streets the next day.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

This sound a lot like horrible bosses..

especially the part about boss using coke..good luck op after a fall u get a chance to rise to new heights

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Sidenote to the OP:

Let this be a lesson to you all to have money set aside in case of emergencies.

There is no reason we shouldnt be able to make the current month's rent in situations like this.

OP, I suggest you get off NT and invest all your time and energy spreading your resume, or even talking with your competitors.

Its going to be rough and you already know the strikes against you, so it can only go UP from here.

You already know why people won't like you so you have to compensate that much more.

Get busy and I wish you all the best.
I was thinking the same thing.

yo, dont feel bad. my power just got turned off yesterday and today i got email about my eviction notice.

Back
Top Bottom