Just Got Hired @ Sports Authority

As "Visual Team Lead" what should I expect? 
Dude said its basically a dept manager/lower management position which isn't an issue as I was an assistant manager for an outlet store...

Originally Posted by MrSoLeFrEsH

As "Visual Team Lead" what should I expect? 
Dude said its basically a dept manager/lower management position which isn't an issue as I was an assistant manager for an outlet store...
I worked at Sports Authority, if the position says "lead" it means you're not a manger. Depending on the store you might have some manager responsibilities but will not be paid like one. Sports Authorities differ from store to store depending on how grimey the DM and Store Managers are. 
Since I worked there they changed the titles of the jobs to make them sound better. But I think you will be responsible to organizing the store displays and doing price changes. 

Sports Authority workers always had the same story. You will love most of the people you work with, hate a couple of them, like most of the customers you deal with, hate a couple of them. The bad will outweigh the good and will start hating the job after a couple months. Unless you love kissing +%+, working really hard, and getting underpaid. If that's the case you'll love it 

And they will be up your +%+ to sell extended warranties 24/7. Get used to hearing the letters, ECP. 

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

Originally Posted by Andrew630

So you didn't read the job description and they hired you?
I know EXACTLY what the position is I wasnt asking for that more the company (I shouldve clarified that point). Since I know what the job will entail I was and am curious about the company and the experiences people had w/ them. As far as the pay its better then I got as a "assistant manager" at Merrell in the outlets but not by much but it is still decent. 
And based on what I have heard the company is par for the course w/ retailers. I dont mind the beast that is retail I dont sweat the nonsense and I am good w/ people ... for the most part. Haha.

i worked at academy sports for a few days just 2 months ago

lead = your a worker just like anyone

or my lead was

i was hired as teamsports sales associate, but we did no sales just stocked heavy equipment and had to carry the heavy stuff to the persons car, face all day smh, no breaks for any shifts and poor management made me quit in a week

sucked !$#

Those jobs stink but if it's the best you could get. I used to work at an outlet and wanted to be assistant manager and they took so long I left. The manager I had was a +*%*%. They want you to work like a manager but pay you *+$!. Hopefully your going to school.

Originally Posted by Kramer

Sounds like a fancy title for some simple job lol

Haha it is. I am in charge basically of shipment, organizing advertisement, displays, and also weekly sale items. Generally just the product w/in the store. In a nutshell...
And yea still plugging away at school I have a daughter so school is classes twice a week at night but this is a cool steady job, decent pay so I can handle my responsibilities which is most important to me right now.

hook that discount up bro!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom