JUST IN: WALE SIGNED TO MAJOR

Where's my dude Ninjahood at? I told ya hipster rap was here to stay
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ dudes saying Roc-A-Fella...I love the past history of that label like no other but signing there would have been a TERRIBLE move.

When "machine" was quoted it was obvious to be Interscope or Def Jam.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

I wouldn't be suprised if it was under Jay's iTunes imprint...
If that even exists..

Anyways, if this "machine" is indeed Interscope, it's STILL not a good look.

I personally wouldn't even F with the Universal Music Group since they're too busy singing ringtone acts (Pop It Off Boyz (Universal Records), Rocko(Island Urban/Universal), Trap Starz Clik (Universal Republic), Soulja Boy (Interscope/Universal), Yung Ralph (Universal Republic), Tum Tum(Universal Republic), the list of ringtone rappers signed to Universal can go on.

I could personally see Wale fitting well with Atlantic Records if they can market him like they do Lupe, T.I., etc. because T.I.'s last album'smarketing was incredible and that album wasn't even all that son still pushed 1+ million and Lupe's "Superstar" is getting rotation like noother.

Wale = Interscope Records (Nay..)

Wale = Atlantic (Yay..)

I'm done.

It is Interscope, it's been posted on his blog. This dude has so much hype surrounding him, he's the first major hip-hop artist to come out of D.C. forthis generation, barring he doesn't put out a completely garbage mixtape, this dude is gonna do major numbers. Best of luck to him. I'll be awaitinghis album.

Originally Posted by doyung9

It is Interscope, it's been posted on his blog. This dude has so much hype surrounding him, he's the first major hip-hop artist to come out of D.C. for this generation, barring he doesn't put out a completely garbage mixtape, this dude is gonna do major numbers. Best of luck to him. I'll be awaiting his album.

You cat's are delusional, what hype? No one even knows he exists outside the internet. n just in case you use that " the internet is a bigplace" excuse i point you to exhibit A.

-- Joe Budden Mood Muzik 3 731 1,893

Come on people- get serious.

i knew it would happen sooner or later. dude wale is the truth. i can't wait to hear a album from him. i just hope he don't get joell ortiz'd.
smh.gif

congrats to him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

as long as nt can get a 4 page thread about a convo me an just had.....im sure ill come oout when im ready....love yall NT ......who got beats ?????

Originally Posted by ILoveHipHop43

as long as nt can get a 4 page thread about a convo me an just had.....im sure ill come oout when im ready....love yall NT ......who got beats ?????

laugh.gif
Oh man, I think you just made a few people
ec315247a150440787cb1121bedc4b6668a154b.gif
themselves...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ILoveHipHop43

da homie mezone got beats.

Originally Posted by Amun Andre

It is Interscope, it's been posted on his blog. This dude has so much hype surrounding him, he's the first major hip-hop artist to come out of D.C. for this generation, barring he doesn't put out a completely garbage mixtape, this dude is gonna do major numbers. Best of luck to him. I'll be awaiting his album.

You cat's are delusional, what hype? No one even knows he exists outside the internet. n just in case you use that " the internet is a big place" excuse i point you to exhibit A.

its tough for artist right now..... people will tell you "internet this" and "internet that" but then them numbers come in and theydon't be addin up.

add that to the fact that most people don't have the persona to be the most "street official" dude in rap and people get lost. At the end of theday all the artist can do is make the music tho and hope that the label, In wale case Interscope, promotes it right which is why he went withthem.

Joe Buddens aint the best situation to judge off anyway tho but you might get the point.

I mean i aint a "hater" son son.. if anything im talking foreal. All my peoples is from uptown and we dont rock gear the way he does.. mad tight tothe body and all that. Its all love tho, all im saying if anything regular DC peoples is off some go hard jeezy, 36 mafia, scarface type ##% mad hardcore hiphop. I like how wale switches it up and how he reps us hard all im saying is that DC peoples go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY harder and there image is alotmore ghetto and gutter then what "Wale" presents. thats all i was really saying. anybody from the DMV will vouch for that, if they dont they must befrom Gainesville VA or Rockville MD or some suburb lol.

Big ups on interscope records but i think Koch would of been way better for his pocket. He doing a 3 way split interscope first then allido records then hegets bread??? comn son. He already smashed dc with concerts the past 2 years like 40 times.. Ninjas in Cali, ny, philly, atl, texas aint going to see no DCninja if anything they dont even know where DC at they be like aint that where the white house at and all white peoples live there? i be like hell nah.

Congrats to him, recently got put on his stuff a couple months back and I've been a fan since. Looking forward to the new mixtape and that album in thefall.

Originally Posted by WE LOVE 1989

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

I wouldn't be suprised if it was under Jay's iTunes imprint...
If that even exists..

Anyways, if this "machine" is indeed Interscope, it's STILL not a good look.

I personally wouldn't even F with the Universal Music Group since they're too busy singing ringtone acts (Pop It Off Boyz (Universal Records), Rocko (Island Urban/Universal), Trap Starz Clik (Universal Republic), Soulja Boy (Interscope/Universal), Yung Ralph (Universal Republic), Tum Tum (Universal Republic), the list of ringtone rappers signed to Universal can go on.

I could personally see Wale fitting well with Atlantic Records if they can market him like they do Lupe, T.I., etc. because T.I.'s last album's marketing was incredible and that album wasn't even all that son still pushed 1+ million and Lupe's "Superstar" is getting rotation like no other.

Wale = Interscope Records (Nay..)

Wale = Atlantic (Yay..)

I'm done.

You have a good outlook on the music business but theres things your over looking.

Originally Posted by Amun Andre

You cat's are delusional, what hype? No one even knows he exists outside the internet. n just in case you use that " the internet is a big place" excuse i point you to exhibit A.

Wow, son has a point..
laugh.gif

Amun Andre speaks the truth. Internet buzz=zero unless its Soulja Boy and we know why he has success. Clipse, Lupe(until recently), The Roots, Joe Buddens,Cassidy, etc. All these dudes are loved by the internet and dudes won't even cop their album lol. Their own fans would rather download their album thencop. I seen Ghostface not too long ago talkin' about how he has a million myspace friends and only 30k buy his album 1st week. Its sad. Not for Ghostfacebut the current state of music in general. Dudes will type a million words per minute defending them on a message board but won't give them their 9.99. Itswhatever though. I like Wale. I think dude gonna drop some heat on a major. But your fooling yourself if you think dudes are really checkin' for himoutside of the internet. Most haven't even heard of him.

BTW, i've always wondered did Wale perform on the VMA's with Mark Ronson with that WALEDANCE?

Back
Top Bottom