Just re-watched the Pursuit of Happyness....got me so emotionally invested...FML/FTW?

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
I see people make movie threads all the time but this movie right here is probably the only movie that I was totally emotionally invested in.  Dude was losing so hard and still kept it moving. he didn't blame anyone for any of his problems and just looked like he survived just off pure determination and will power.  Really makes you think about the things we take for granted and how the human spirit just doesn't crumble when faced with hardships...
Even if the movie isn't 100% true to the real story, it really is a great motivational movie.

pimp.gif

I see people make movie threads all the time but this movie right here is probably the only movie that I was totally emotionally invested in.  Dude was losing so hard and still kept it moving. he didn't blame anyone for any of his problems and just looked like he survived just off pure determination and will power.  Really makes you think about the things we take for granted and how the human spirit just doesn't crumble when faced with hardships...
Even if the movie isn't 100% true to the real story, it really is a great motivational movie.

pimp.gif

The real dude is actually in the movie too, but as an extra walking across the street at the end....

The real dude is actually in the movie too, but as an extra walking across the street at the end....

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Dude was losing so hard and still kept it moving. he didn't blame anyone for any of his problems and just looked like he survived just off pure determination and will power.  Really makes you think about the things we take for granted and how the human spirit just doesn't crumble when faced with hardships...
What feels most striking about this film is not its truth or accuracy, at least not in a technical sense.  Rather, it's that the film does not seek blame or create unfounded obstacles for the character - particularly racial ones - instead enabling Smith's triumph as a personal one unencumbered by social or political context.  Ultimately, this isn't the story of a black man learning how to succeed in a white world, or a poor person becoming a rich boss, but the achievement of one man who looked past the litany of obstacles to which he could have easily surrendered.  The fact that no one in the film looks down on him because of his sometimes unkempt look, much less the color of his skin, is a testament to the unfiltered purity of the real Gardner's story, and what makes the movie accessible to all audiences and loved by OP

Dude was losing so hard and still kept it moving. he didn't blame anyone for any of his problems and just looked like he survived just off pure determination and will power.  Really makes you think about the things we take for granted and how the human spirit just doesn't crumble when faced with hardships...
What feels most striking about this film is not its truth or accuracy, at least not in a technical sense.  Rather, it's that the film does not seek blame or create unfounded obstacles for the character - particularly racial ones - instead enabling Smith's triumph as a personal one unencumbered by social or political context.  Ultimately, this isn't the story of a black man learning how to succeed in a white world, or a poor person becoming a rich boss, but the achievement of one man who looked past the litany of obstacles to which he could have easily surrendered.  The fact that no one in the film looks down on him because of his sometimes unkempt look, much less the color of his skin, is a testament to the unfiltered purity of the real Gardner's story, and what makes the movie accessible to all audiences and loved by OP

^^^word, first time in the movie dude totally lost focus and just didn't know what to do
laugh.gif
...first 99% of the movie was just him struggling last 1% made the whole movie though...everything culminated so perfectly.

^^^word, first time in the movie dude totally lost focus and just didn't know what to do
laugh.gif
...first 99% of the movie was just him struggling last 1% made the whole movie though...everything culminated so perfectly.

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Damn my dude...you really broke it down. I can honestly say that is one of the most well put, insightful, interesting posts I have ever seen on Niketalk, and i'm not even being sarcastic. You really made me see the movie in a whole different light. Great post bro 
4db35e0de5d0c52fc7030ab7e7a7ca35a4af841.gif

Damn my dude...you really broke it down. I can honestly say that is one of the most well put, insightful, interesting posts I have ever seen on Niketalk, and i'm not even being sarcastic. You really made me see the movie in a whole different light. Great post bro 

Will's last decent movie.

This scene always gets me though:

If you watch the special feature. They interview the real life Chris Gardner and he said it was to much for him to handle and he had to step away while they filmed that part in the movie.

Will's last decent movie.

This scene always gets me though:

If you watch the special feature. They interview the real life Chris Gardner and he said it was to much for him to handle and he had to step away while they filmed that part in the movie.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

He really did put the ill summation bow on this movie
roll.gif

That reflection sounded like an official review
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

roll.gif

laugh.gif
I thought it was till I got to the OP part lol. Very well said.

Back
Top Bottom