Just saw one of the wildest movies Vol. How do people find these things artistic?

Alright so I was scrolling through the channels on Fios and came across IFC and this movie called "Elephant". Watched the whole thing, with the firstclose to an hour just being boring nauseating camera angles of normal teen life. When all of a sudden these two guys go into a shower and start making out...Don't ask me why I didn't change it. *no 'mo* Then they order some guns and go on a rampage. Truly disgusting.

Here's the trailer:

When all of a sudden these two guys go into a shower and start making out... Don't ask me why I didn't change it.

no need to ask, we know you enjoyed it
sick.gif
smh.gif

Yea I am not a fan of this movie. Gus Van Sant directed this (hes gay fyi) and I am not a fan of the majority of his work. Good WIll Hunting is great and Ilike Finding Forrester (not a great movie by any means though) but the rest of his movies are poo. This one the palm d or at Cannes somehow. It is supposed torepresent Columbine.

If you want a good art house movie look into Harmony Korine. Some real twisted stuff. If you want some more wild mo stuff ( I know you like it ) then look atGreg Araki.

seen that movie before. i thought it was horrible, it was pretty much just 4 scenes and 1 of them was shown from like 14 different angles.

Yea I am not a fan of this movie. Gus Van Sant directed this (hes gay fyi) and I am not a fan of the majority of his work. Good WIll Hunting is great and I like Finding Forrester (not a great movie by any means though) but the rest of his movies are poo. This one the palm d or at Cannes somehow. It is supposed to represent Columbine.

Finding Forrester was enjoyable.
pimp.gif

it was a pretty good movie, it has a lot to say about something that happened, its just a different perspective.

i like how it was filmed it was pretty good saw it a few years ago it was hard to share with other ppl cuz like you guys dont want to open up to differentkinds of cinema. im the same way too but i try to get outside my circle every now and again ...

fwiw i think rambo is the best movie to come out this year ... NO ?'s

saw it on hbo a while back, basically two kids buy some guns and shoot up their school. really not that special, but it gives you that sick feeling watchingkids shooting their teachers and peers especially in this day and age.

Why the hell was everybody so calm ....If guns shots going off....People breakin out screaming. They was just moving slowly. Nobody even screamed when the boygot shot by the classroom door. No police? what took them so long.??

whoever saw the movie, how did ya'll feel about the black kid who was on the varsity team. %#$ was he doing, why was he walking towards the gunshots, thenBAM shot down dead in the quickness. it seemed to unrealistic that a kid would just "investigate" in the middle of chaos, but hey it's a movie inthe end.

Overblown high school angst stuff. It was prescient when it released (2002-03?) but now it seems stale andplayed out. People with minds have more perspective than to act like that. It's tough to tell someone who has spent almost 25% of their life in highschool that it's temporary, but it really is.

that movie is weird as +#*$

but thanks for posting the clip, i always laugh at that one clip:

dark haired kid: so how'd you do?
blonde kid: (all excited) man! i shot the principal, and some other peop-
*BOOM*

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude was mad hyped to tell his story and got murked
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NinongBrown

saw it on hbo a while back, basically two kids buy some guns and shoot up their school. really not that special, but it gives you that sick feeling watching kids shooting their teachers and peers especially in this day and age.

basically, it was alright. It had it's moments.

I seen this movie long ago. It did try a little too hard to be artistic but I took it as it was supposed to teach you to enjoy the simple things in life whileyou still have it. I think the better word is disturbing to describe it. Gives you a more vivid image of what the shootings at Columbine might've been like(if you didn't see the real footage online)

Originally Posted by NinongBrown

whoever saw the movie, how did ya'll feel about the black kid who was on the varsity team. %#$ was he doing, why was he walking towards the gunshots, then BAM shot down dead in the quickness. it seemed to unrealistic that a kid would just "investigate" in the middle of chaos, but hey it's a movie in the end.

True, I've seen the movie about four times with a couple of friends and each time we all let out a collective "Benny NOOOOOOOO". It was adecent movie, very slow though.

no one can beat these movies in terms of wildness and disgust...

Cannibal Holocaust

&

Pink Flamingos.

Do not watch these movies if you just ate.

Back
Top Bottom