Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
@ you.

That movie was superb.
pimp.gif
Superb?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!

YA'LL WILDING.

Superb is Full Metal Jacket, The Big Lebowski, Chinatown, Sweeney Todd, Godfather, Fight Club, Willy Wonka and Chocolate Factory.

SUPERB???????
roll.gif

PLAYOFFS? PPPLAYOFFS? DON"T TALK TO ME ABOUT PLAY OFFS. PLAYOFFS?
smh.gif
You must not understand the movie.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

How the hell did this movie win picture? Not saying it wasnt a good movie but I definitley dont see what all the hype was about. And how did the locksmith's daughter not get shot? And dont give me that invisible cloak bs
grin.gif
maybe if u was paying attention u might have noticed the blanks that were purchased along with the gun

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

it was a pretty trash movie.

but i just strongly hate movies that have multiple story lines. shouldn't have won best pic imo but nothing you can do about it now.

usually i don't comment like this...but really?? calling that movie trash? You just didn't understand it I guess
eyes.gif

how did I not understand?

Its a portrayal of racism in daily life and how situations play out differently based on predetermined stereotypes, mixed with the "crash" which wassituation of frustration and blame can result from closet racism.

It's not a bad film, a good watch in fact; but superb? superb? don't talk to me about playoffs. superb?

It was a well "acted" movie. The performances are what made the movie good, because the plot itself was pretty convoluted/unbelievable. I agree withthose saying it was overrated, it was better than most of the trash that gets made anymore, but still overrated.

Originally Posted by infamousod

The other nominees that year were as follows:

Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Good Night and Good Luck
Munich

Munich should have won.
No, Capote should have won. If you had seen it, you'd agree.... Maybe I'm bias, I was reading InCold Blood when this came out.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Its a portrayal of racism in daily life and how situations play out differently based on predetermined stereotypes, mixed with the "crash" which was situation of frustration and blame can result from closet racism.

It's not a bad film, a good watch in fact; but superb? superb? don't talk to me about playoffs. superb?
That does not make sense.

Anyways... Crash is easily an above average movie... its not the best ever made but it'd be one that would come to my mind if someone asked for arecommendation.

Who are you to tell someone they cant call a movie superb anyway? Superb doesnt mean its the GOAT film...

Let people and their opinions live, Crash is an excellent movie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think most people either really hate or love this movie.

When I watched it I thought that the producer/writer really exploited as many prejudices/stereotypes out there and tried to mesh them all in one hugeinterracial/cultural mix-up which happens to take place in one day in Los Angeles. I thought the concept of the movie could have been executed much better anddid not need the overt prejudice/stereotypical behavior to make such a plot effective. It seemed as if every issue had to do with "race" and was themain reason for conflict which I think reduced the effectiveness of the plot.

Originally Posted by infamousod

The other nominees that year were as follows:

Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Good Night and Good Luck
Munich

Munich should have won.

Woah Crash won over Munich? Really now?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Its a portrayal of racism in daily life and how situations play out differently based on predetermined stereotypes, mixed with the "crash" which was situation of frustration and blame can result from closet racism.

That does not make sense.

Anyways... Crash is easily an above average movie... its not the best ever made but it'd be one that would come to my mind if someone asked for a recommendation.

Who are you to tell someone they cant call a movie superb anyway? Superb doesnt mean its the GOAT film...

Let people and their opinions live, Crash is an excellent movie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Exactly.

this movie was great, not superb..

if u wanna watch a superb movie that iis about racism, then american history x is that movie..

Yall dudes must not get the reasoning behind the movie. It was shown through multiple viewpoints to show how people's lives are intertwined and eventually "Crash" which each other at some point in time.
eek.gif

deep.

in terms of film-making and story line, it was mediocre at best.

usually i don't comment like this...but really?? calling that movie trash? You just didn't understand it I guess
eyes.gif

that's just my opinion of course. and to me, it was trash. i understood every second of it, it wasn't hard to understand. just prettybad execution of a decent concept.

capote and munich, i thought, were so much better that year.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

if u wanna watch a superb movie that iis about racism, then american history x is that movie..
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I would've call crash a movie about racism, nobody here was openly racist, howeverit focused more on the ignorance of people towards other races...but it was a great movie[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]...but from what i comprehended from the movie was homegirl just picked a box, she didn't knowwhat she was buying and thast's why she freaked out when she found it missing, gut then again that was just me[/color]

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I would've call crash a movie about racism, nobody here was openly racist, however it focused more on the ignorance of people towards other races...but it was a great movie[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]...but from what i comprehended from the movie was homegirl just picked a box, she didn't know what she was buying and thast's why she freaked out when she found it missing, gut then again that was just me[/color]
no she knew what bulets they were cuz the guy selling it to her asked her "u know what those are" and she said can i have them so shedid know

Originally Posted by mjbetch

you all don't even know what superb means..

yes, it was superb

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
everybody coming in here with their own dictionary in hand
roll.gif

"its good but not great"
"its great but not superb"
etc..

if you liked it, cool. move on...

if you didnt, cool. move on...

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I would've call crash a movie about racism, nobody here was openly racist, however it focused more on the ignorance of people towards other races...but it was a great movie[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]...but from what i comprehended from the movie was homegirl just picked a box, she didn't know what she was buying and thast's why she freaked out when she found it missing, gut then again that was just me[/color]
no she knew what bulets they were cuz the guy selling it to her asked her "u know what those are" and she said can i have them so she did know
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]yea i know that happened, however she was more frustrated and was just rushing to buythe gun[/color]

^^^^nah she never wanted to buy the gun, her dad did so when he was kicked out she looked around and said she wanted the ones in the red box..

she never wanted a gun, her dad did and she bought the bullets on purpose so her dad would shoot someone

Back
Top Bottom