Just watched Crash...

Originally Posted by Praise The X I

She didn't get shot because the daughter of the Afghan dad exchanged the bullet for blanks. That is a REALLY big scene because of that.
Case and point of the movie.

I'm not getting at you Praise The X I, by any means, but it's the point of stereotyping and whatnot that this movie was all about. I thought it was agreat movie. I was
eek.gif
when I first saw it, especially at the scene with theinvisible cloak "saving" the girl from getting shot.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

how did I not understand?

Its a portrayal of racism in daily life and how situations play out differently based on predetermined stereotypes, mixed with the "crash" which was situation of frustration and blame can result from closet racism.

It's not a bad film, a good watch in fact; but superb? superb? don't talk to me about playoffs. superb?
That does not make sense.

Anyways... Crash is easily an above average movie... its not the best ever made but it'd be one that would come to my mind if someone asked for a recommendation.

Who are you to tell someone they cant call a movie superb anyway? Superb doesnt mean its the GOAT film...

Let people and their opinions live, Crash is an excellent movie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Exactly. Imma ride him.

The movie winning best picture was actually a bad thing for its overall reputation. In my opinion, Brokeback Mountain should have won. But, I love Crash.Really good film even with the blatant commentary on prejudices and stereotyping. That scene with the man and the little girl is a definite heart-stoppingmoment. Powerful film.

you cheat me! great movie but ludacris's character seemed to be contradictory since he preaches one thing but then goes against what he says.

Another of those movies that make you start to look at an actor differently even though they weren't the one's who wrote the racist lines.

Like the dad in Boy Meets World is the racist dad in American History X

Not on that level in Crash but it gives a whole new meaning to giving someone the Tony Danza.
Or asking Who's the Boss?

Back
Top Bottom