Just when I thought Whitlock coudnt get more ridiculous lol....what is the point of this?

Amidst all the Greg Oden talk floating around, the writer some peoplehate to love dropped his 2 cents in, this time discussing the thedifferences in the potential feelings of inadequacy between writers forthe NBA and writers for the NFL....why was this even allowed past theeditor lol...I did read though so I guess it did its job lol

[h2]It's tough to measure up to Greg Oden[/h2]

Jason Whitlock writes about the sports world from every angle,including those other writers can't imagine or muster courage toaddress. His columns are humorous, thought-provoking, agenda free,honest and unpredictable.

PRINT EMAIL RSS
http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=xa-4acf7eca462bf235/msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Whitlock-Oden-pics-make-it-hard-to-measure-up-12810">http://msn.foxsports.com/...hard-to-measure-up-12810', '')" onmouseout="addthis_close()" onclick="return addthis_sendto()">
spacer.gif
ADD THIS

Updated Jan 28, 2010 10:42 AM ET
If you've been subjected to the distasteful, outrageous and enormous pictures of 7-foot and 10-plus-inches Greg Oden, then you now understand why there will never be an NBA Truths column.

A bitter ex-girlfriend disseminated on the Internet cellf-portraits of Oden -- an all-Big Ten performer in 2007 -- that graphically illustrate the often-injured Trail Blazers center belonged in the Big 12.

As much as I love the game of basketball -- having been raised an Indiana Pacers fan since birth and a Magic Johnson fanatic since 1979 -- I refuse to subject myself to the mental trauma of regularly visiting NBA locker rooms.

There is far more to fear inside David Stern's clubhouses than gun-toting Washington Wizards guards.

Thereal danger is psychological, not physical, the potential damage doneto a normal man's self-confidence after spending 15 to 30 minutes anight inside shower facilities frequented by men whose midsections arejust below eye level of the typical sports writer.Honestly, after the first time I covered an NBA game back in the early1990s, I didn't leave my apartment for a week and it took severalmonths of counseling before I regained the necessary confidence tospeak to a woman.

The experience was the equivalent of amiddle-aged mother of three being dragged to the Spearmint Rhino forher husband's 40th birthday party in Las Vegas. You fly home and removeor destroy every mirror that may catch a glimpse of you exiting theshower. You sleep in sweats, long-sleeve shirts and have sex in totaldarkness. You forbid your significant other from ever stepping insideanother strip club.

The Oden pictures bring to light a rarely-discussed mental illness plaguing longtime NBA writers and broadcasters.

Post Traumatic Size Disorder.

"It's a feeling of inadequacy that permeates every aspect of your life," said a former Houston Chronicle beat writer who covered the Twin Towers, Ralph Sampson and Hakeem Olajuwon. "Before I covered the Rockets, my life seemed perfect. I wasn't rich, but I was married to the love of my life and we were happy."

Theretired scribe says after three or four years covering the Rockets, hiswife began complaining he seemed insecure about almost everything.

"Iflipped out when we went to her 20-year high school reunion and met herprom date," the former writer said. "He was the backup center on herhigh school team. He was 6-6 and maybe 180 pounds, a real bag of bones.You know the type. Probably hung like Secretariat."

His marriagenever recovered. He turned to alcohol. He wasted thousands of dollarson male enhancement supplements. He refused to believe his wife's kindwords of reassurance. Watching sports, particularly basketball, hadbeen the bonding thread in their dating relationship. He demanded hiswife never watch another basketball game -- pro, college or even highschool.

It's not an uncommon story. Statistics show the divorcerate for NBA writers is nearly triple the divorce rate for NFL writers.It's not the travel. It's the wear and tear on the male psyche.

Yes,Greg Oden has rivals in NFL locker rooms. Last season, TV camerasinadvertantly revealed Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe's unfrozenrope. But there is far more diversity -- and I'm not talking about race-- in an NFL locker room than an NBA one. You have linemen and kickers.

Thepoint is, there are confidence-boosting Terrence Codys sprinkled inamongst the NBA wannabes. Cody is the former Alabama defensive tacklewho this week was photographed shirtless at the Senior Bowl, showcasing370 pounds of glory and sporting C-cup moobs.A portly/modest sports writer can hold his head high and strut in anNFL locker room assured he's not outclassed by all of the competition.Football is a sport that is welcoming to men of all shapes and sizes.This truth constitutes the foundation of the NFL's popularity.

Basketballcaters to men blessed with God-given gifts that can only be containedby a Magnum. It's un-American. It contradicts our constitutional beliefthat all men are created equal and have a right to life, liberty andthe pursuit of women 10 years younger and 10 times hotter.

TheOden pictures raise doubts about the legitimacy of themotion-in-the-ocean theory and the sincerity of women who claim therecan be "too much of a good thang."

Beth Slovic, a femalesports writer in Oregon, asked Oden the million-dollar question: Whywas he embarrassed by the pictures when women were impressed?

It's a great question that points at the inconvenient truth.

"My wife wanted to take a cruise to celebrate our 10-year anniversary," a former Nuggetsbeat writer told me. "She insisted we book the biggest ship inCarnival's fleet. She said it would be more fun, more things to do.Motion in the ocean, huh? She excitedly showed me a brochure promotingthe ship's extravagant and endless buffet. Too much of a good thing,huh? I filed for divorce as soon as the ship docked."

Nope. There will never be an NBA Truths column. Not written by me. That's a job for Manute Bol.

Lol at dude talking about how peoples marriages and relationships were ruined though, thats od haha
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Amazed he fought the urge to inject race into the discussion, too easy perhaps. Well, at least there's always prostitutes and stripper who you're paying so they'll pretend like you have the biggest penis they have ever encountered
jason-whitlock.jpg

jasonwhitlockissmoothwiththeladies1.jpg

jason-whitlock-bunnies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom