#Justice4Kenneka

At this point, I don't know what to believe.

Her sister said the freezer was warm cause it wasn't in use due to the construction.

At some point the hotel said it was out of use as well , but then all the fake stories about her being frozen solid one minute...hot the next...

I don't know what's a reliable source anymore.

The mom said it was nearly 4hrs from when they said they found her and when they let her see the body. She said, "I don't know why, did they let the freezer thaw out? Her hair was completely messed up as if it was wet."

And I agree, don't know who or what is reliable.

The Kendrick Johnson story is crazy. They didn't even bury him with his organs. They kept all of his organs and didn't return it to his body after the autopsy.

Owners A. Greene and Donald A. Greene II

Can't find anything connecting them to being owners of the hotel other than that FB post and I dont remember their original source

The rumor was surrounding the hotel owner, not the BRC owners. I think another guy was charged in relation to the raid in Rosemount a couple years ago. Maybe not even necessarily owners would be involved here but upper management/employees. Love to see a source on that if u could find it on FB.

At this point, I don't know what to believe.

Her sister said the freezer was warm cause it wasn't in use due to the construction.

At some point the hotel said it was out of use as well , but then all the fake stories about her being frozen solid one minute...hot the next...

I don't know what's a reliable source anymore.

The 9/11 or police dispatch tapes had an officer saying she was frozen stiff. Idk if that was legit, apparently people really going out their way to fake "evidence".

The activist said it was really hot in there and you would be sweating if locked in there. But im sure they turned the freezer off after the discovery. Idk at what point he was there, clearly long after it had been cold in there.

Also, im wondering if she was frozen how that would affect determining time of death, and after the body has thawed, alot of fluids have been shed possibly affecting or diluting any chemicals present in the system. Just speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Heard about this case and just finished going through this thread.

Such a sad situation.

There's a disconnect for me between her being so ****face like she was in the survelliance video and her being able to lock herself in a big *** freezer.

Could she have done it? Maybe, no telling what people can do when they're drunk, but it doesn't seem likely.

One takeaway from all this, is that with "friends" like Kenneka had you definitely don't need enemies.

RIP baby girl.

is there a post with a summary of the known facts vs whats pure speculation and rumor?

I havent been able to keep up since the story originally broke. But i know its just so much misinformation out there.

RIP to this young lady.

from the last page I can see the results of the autopsy and toxicology havent been released. Have their been any visual confirmations that she walked in the freezer and shut the door on her own? I saw posts saying the activist said that been then i saw other comments saying he was lying. Not sure where it stands now.

off topic, but whatever happened with the alfred wright case in jasper texas? he was the man found dead many days after reported missing.
a local drug dealer confessed to the murder, but many thought it was a cover up and the family wanted a second look at the case

"Holmes said he watched hotel surveillance video that shows Jenkins walking, on her own, into the freezer. "

Yet today,

Hotel confirms there's no such footage.

Why go on tv and allow him to say that? The hotel should have made comment the same day to dispute his statement.

Her mom might never get closure.

"Holmes said he watched hotel surveillance video that shows Jenkins walking, on her own, into the freezer. "

Yet today,

Why go on tv and allow him to say that? The hotel should have made comment the same day to dispute his statement.

That dude coming forward like that and saying he was an official spokesperson for the mom/family is suspicious.

That dude coming forward like that and saying he was an official spokesperson for the mom/family is suspicious.

That right there just didnt make sense. I would think the hotel would be doing everything in their power to shoot down any wrong information being put out

Was that press conference legit? I never saw it beyond it being posted on NT and YT. There were only like 3 or 4 mics/reporters there

That right there just didnt make sense. I would think the hotel would be doing everything in their power to shoot down any wrong information being put out

Was that press conference legit? I never saw it beyond it being posted on NT and YT. There were only like 3 or 4 mics/reporters there
That's the thing though, real or not, this info is out there. You know there's a guy saying he's seen footage from your hotel's security cameras that shows she walked into the freezer on her own. Even closing the doors when she went in. If you, being the owners of the hotel, know that these statements are false, it is your responsibilty to get out in front of this and set the record straight. They didn't do that though. The hotel is definitely involved and I don't see how people can not think the same

And to the guy posting earlier about "who are we to want to see the video? Let the police conduct their investigation, yada, yada, yada" this is why. It holds people accountable. People don't realize how powerful the internet is. It's one thing for the police and the hotel to lead the mom on saying there's a video of her walking into the freezer it was just a drunken accident and there's no foul play. But when the internet gets involved and millions of people want answers, the truth will come to the light. The police are frauds too. Why didn't they release a statement saying there was no video either? You would think they would've held a press conference discrediting this guy but nope. Smells like a cover up

Kenneka Jenkins case highlights mistrust of police

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ns-community-mistrust-met-20170919-story.html

Video released by Rosemont police seemed to solve at least part of the Kenneka Jenkins mystery.

The surveillance recordings depict Jenkins, 19, staggering alone through a kitchen of the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel and around a corner where a walk-in freezer is located. Though the camera doesn't capture her entering the freezer, no one else appears in that part of the room until a hotel worker finds her body 21 hours later.

Convincing proof Jenkins did not meet with foul play? Far from it, according to many engrossed by the case.

"Look right there in that doorway!" a woman shouted on YouTube, pointing to a shadowy corner of a hallway. "That's somebody right there."

"I think someone was with her," an observer wrote in a 34,000-member Facebook group dedicated to the case. "Maybe they knew where all the cameras (were) and avoided them. They could've been calling her name!"

"That was not Kenneka in that video," a Twitter user opined. "Clothes, hair and weight don't match. ...Try again."

From President Kennedy to Princess Diana, shocking deaths often generate theories that diverge sharply from the official stories. But the still-developing case of Kenneka Jenkins — which police have said is a death investigation, not a homicide probe — is spawning alternate explanations at a furious rate, many of which exhibit deep skepticism that authorities are telling the truth.

"They had (time) to edit, and remove and add anything they wanted to that video," said LaTyra Goodman, a Chicagoan who was among dozens of protesters outside the hotel Monday night. "There's been a video (online that shows) how you can edit videos and remove a person from them. We've seen this with our own eyes. Why trust the Rosemont police?"

Jenkins was attending a party in a room of the Crowne Plaza in the early hours of Sept. 9 when she went missing. Her mother, Tereasa Martin, sought police assistance a few hours later, but a dispatcher told her Jenkins might have gone to a friend's place or passed out after drinking too much.

Crowne Plaza staff eventually searched public areas of the hotel, and were later joined by Rosemont police. At 12:24 a.m. Sept. 10, according to video released by the village, a hotel worker went around the corner in the kitchen and emerged a few seconds later to summon police.

"I have that subject in the kitchen, in a freezer," an officer told a dispatcher over the radio. "She is frozen solid."

The Cook County medical examiner's office has yet to pronounce a cause of death, saying further tests and investigation are needed.

Martin has retained attorneys — Larry Rogers Jr. and Sam Adam Jr. — who say they plan to conduct their own investigation and perhaps seek a second autopsy. She has also called for the FBI to take over the case, though Rosemont police Chief Donald Stephens III said his department will retain jurisdiction.

Det. Joe Balogh, spokesman for the department, said police have released all the video they have — 36 hours in total — and that they have not altered any of it.

"Everything we have put out has been the original," he said.

But that hasn't eased suspicions online and among protestors who have converged on the hotel on a near-nightly basis, stirred by the strange circumstances of the death and Martin's complaints about the initial response from hotel staff and police.

Monday night, some in a crowd of about 50 held signs accusing the hotel of a cover-up and chanted for authorities to release "the real tape" — one they believe would show definitively what happened to Jenkins.

"All they gotta do is just give (Martin) that tape so she can have justice for her baby," said Charles Harris, a Chicagoan who was among the demonstrators. "That's all they need to do. That's it. We wouldn't even be out here."

Trust in law enforcement has long been unevenly shared. In the wake of well-publicized shootings of unarmed black men two years ago, only 52 percent of Americans expressed great confidence in the police, according to the Gallup polling organization — a record-tying low.

But while overall confidence has since rebounded to the historical average of 57 percent, black trust has slid even more, with only 30 percent saying they have great confidence in police.

A study published last month by the Urban Institute found that the problem is particularly acute in Chicago, where tension between police and the black community has existed for decades. The study shows that over half the people in largely black areas say their neighborhood police are dishonest, and only 9 percent say police treat people with respect.

Jesse Jannetta, a senior research associate who contributed to the study, said that wariness can produce doubts in murky situations.

"When you get into specific incidents where there's a lot of uncertainty about what happened, you can see that (lack of) trust play out," Jannetta said. "How people feel about the information that's being given out — that's a very immediate trust issue."

Jim Bueermann of the Police Foundation, a nonpartisan police research group, said departments can address local distrust through community meetings and social gatherings. But convincing out-of-towners that they are conducting an investigation fairly and competently — especially when the case is the subject of endless social media speculation — can be a difficult task.

He said enlisting the help of well-known and respected outside agencies can help, as can the quick release of as much information as possible. But in the end, he said, departments have to decide how far they're willing to go to appease skeptics.

"They're probably experiencing a sense that (the Kenneka Jenkins demonstrators) distrust police, period," he said. "That is very difficult to address. And I think in some cases, local officials just have to ignore it."

Reactions: God
So lawyer for the family says on TV that the video footage of kenneka walking thru the kitchen is not even the kitchen she was found in. That was an active kitchen and should have had employees in it. She was actually found in a different abandoned kitchen that hasnt been used in years. The lawyer raises the point of why a fridge would have been turned on there. He says theres more footage and found it odd tbe hotel chose to release footage of her in another kitchen.

This is really may be a game changer.

Last edited:

Yet today,

wow so the activist straight up lied what is their name. They need to lose are future credibility for this.

Back
Top Bottom