Kanye West - Flashing Lights [Video]

this is by far the worst kanye west video ive ever seen. As much as I love his music, this is crap

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Spike Jonze is a genius... This video is essentially 35-40 seconds of footage slowed down enough to tell an amazing story to go with the song.
Its got one cut in the whole thing
eek.gif
. It changes the entire meaning of the song. Obsession is a b*(*&...
eek.gif
For a screen name like yours, your review was sure positive.
laugh.gif

I don't think it's a "wack" video. It's just one of many videos that push the envelop and have an artistic edge to it.

At the same time, those kind of videos get old quick and take away from the song, IMO. I doubt I'll watch this video more than 5 times in my life, while Ican watch the video for "Today Was A Good Day" every day for the rest of my life.

okay thats a cool concept..but it doesnt make the video anymore entertaining. HE IS AN ENTERTAINER! its his job. if he wants to artistically express himselfwhere most won understand, then he shoulda made 2 versions. one for his guey personal collection and the other for the viewing public.

I hope the two versions before this one somehow leak...just to get a idea of why he changed his mind...

Originally Posted by LayzieLou21

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Layzie..what is it exactly that you do?

I provide the cars that are featured in music videos, movies, tv shows, commercials, red carpets, etc...

That's why I was the one driving. And if you see the pic above with Kanye and Spike, you can see my Aqua VIII's behind Kanye. Don't know why some dude reposted my pic.
That has to be an awesome job!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
And i thought i had a cool job. As for the video im going to wait for the full cut to come out then ill make a judgement. Btw i loveeeeee the ColinMunroe joint! Even Ye' posted it in his blog. I liked his video very creative!

Originally Posted by rocyaice

That's one of the best videos i've seen in a minute. Definately the best from Graduation. I can see why people are complaining though. Dudes aren't going to feel this *%@ because its suppose to be a music video. This is one of those videos that doesn't grab your attention but you have to pay close attention to it to appreciate it. Damn Rita G is bad. I remember ol' girl on the Howard Stern Show on E! back when I was in high school.

Kanye done made his bread but this wasn't a smart move to drop as a video. Probably as a short film of some sort but the music video crowd isn't gonna rock to this *%@. MTV crowd might mess with it though.

Plz tell me how the hell this video is good in any sense of the word and does it have anything to do with the song. It's a girl walkin to a car to killkanye west, no story nothing meaningful it's just so dumb that fans are gonna dub it artistic. This is in the same category as the f'n painting ofcambell soup that went for a million dollars, it's so simple that people assume there a deeper meaning to it.

Here's da full explanation from YeTalk.com "She don't believe in shooting stars." Kanye is a star. She did not shoot him she beat him with ashovel. "But she believes in shoes and cars." She left her shoes on and did not harm her car. "I get a call like where are you Yeezy Try to hityou with a 'Oeur de Whopee' Till I get flashed by the paparazzi Damn, these *****'s got me," She called him and asked him where was. He lied.Then the paparazii took a picture of him with another girl. "Damn these #@@%+$ got me". "I know it's been a while, Sweetheart, we hard-lytalk, I was doing my thing I know I was foul bay-bay, a-bay late-ly you been all on my brain," He is trying to apologize to her. "If somebodywould've told me a year ago it'd go, get this difficult Feeling like Katrina with no fema Like Martin with no Gina Like a flight with no visa" Heis in the back of a car trunk that is difficult. He is feeling helpless in the trunk. "But I never thought that you would take it this far What do I know?Flashing lights, lights What do I know? Flashing lights, lights" I know this has already been said but, he did not know that she would go as far as toactually kill him. And the last thing he saw before he was killed was the fire which was flashing. "Flashing Lights" for the peeps askin for anexplanation.

The real meaning of the video.

Back
Top Bottom