Kanye West...I Wonder...Appreciation Post!

pimp.gif
one of the better songs off the album

Appreciated. I hate how people always say "sample this, sample that, rappers can't make their own beats, they steal from others, blah blah"
That's the view of a narrow-minded person. Sampled songs that stand out to us interests us to find out where it came from. I looked up alot of Ye'ssampled material and it's from a whole generation of classic artists that I never knew existed. For example:

I would of never known this guy if it wasn't for the sample. Siffre was a musical genius. It's great to hear artists what influenced your favoriteartists.

AG better than Graduation? You must be on that good+%*!. j/k

but seriously, I bought AG Monday, and while I like alot of the songs, it's lacking in my opinion.

Seriously, Graduation is the best album of 2007. Musically, it might be Kanye's best ever, simply put as he stated himself, he stopped trying tooutrap/overrap himself, and just let it come naturally with the music. And it came out unbelievable.

Proof are songs like I Wonder, Flashing Lights because people, like myself, are heralding these songs as two of the best on the album/his best period, and theyare hardly "lyrical".

He picked the right name when he started G.O.O.D. music. Because that's what it is.

Yea Ye's sample ear is kinda on point. A lot of producers just sample to sample but dude didn't even rape the sample. He got someone to play the pianoand those synths are
pimp.gif
. As for the Goodlife, Toomp said Ye was gonna just loop the sample until Toomp added those trumpet synths. Still ain't touchin mydude 9th or Dilla wit the samples tho.

The Lyrics and The beat-- it can't get much better than that. ______________________________________________________________________________ actually ifound the name of all the samples, it is on wikipidea

I don't know about a song you get hyped to for a game. But this song is a hot motivational type song. Keeps you kinda pumped up for the day.

Originally Posted by PAsSback

all of me > i wonder

"...You got me lookin like a fiend on craaaaaaack!!" > "...How many ladies in the house/ how many ladies in the house without a spouse?/Somethin in ya blouse got me feelin so "Aaarrous't"/what you about?..."

Very much appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.....But I still can't put my finger on which I like more this or FlashingLights.

Joint is incredible but sounds even tougher live.

Shorty that sings back up for Ye is amazing. I see her blowing up when she does her solo thing.

Amazing.....

But AG is light years ahead of Graduation IMO. And I thought Graduation was the album of the year hands down when it first dropped too.

This song reminds me of Beach Chair where the lyrics are not the focal point of the song, its more about the beat, chorus, and feel.... Its a great song..

Back
Top Bottom