<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

I want to know what the hell Jay-Z was talking about on Illest M@$@$@$@ Alive.

"Take it how you want til a n___ dead
Til then I'm the illest motherf$%*r alive"

He's dead yet alive....hmmm??

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

bonafide101 wrote:
What does Jay mean when he says "Do you know who I am Clarice?" in Murder To Excellence? Is that another clothing line?

2dlraqp.jpg

lol, I just thought it was another designer name drop, since they're so many. I never saw Silence of The Lambs.

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

bonafide101 wrote:
What does Jay mean when he says "Do you know who I am Clarice?" in Murder To Excellence? Is that another clothing line?

2dlraqp.jpg

lol, I just thought it was another designer name drop, since they're so many. I never saw Silence of The Lambs.

NostrandAve68 wrote:
[h1]
[h1]How Jay-Z and Kanye West Beat the Leakers With 'Watch the Throne'[/h1]
August 12, 2011 [h2]By Steven J. Horowitz[/h2]
(This is an abridged version of Steven J. Horowitz's article in the August 20 issue of Billboard titled "Protecting the 'Throne'." For the full article, head here to purchase the issue, and here for a subscription, which gets you the magazine, charts, bulletins and much more.)

When Jay-Z and Kanye West's collaborative album "Watch the Throne" hit iTunes earlier this week, many expressed amazement that the album hadn't leaked, as nearly every hip-hop album in recent memory has.

What they didn't realize was the months of near-military-scale planning required to keep the album under wraps.

Taking C.I.A.-like precautions to ensure that the album was released on their own terms, the duo successfully staved off hackers with a leak-proof strategy -- an anomaly for an industry consistently brought to its knees by web-savvy individuals eager to share unreleased material with the world.

"It was really important to [Jay] that people experienced this album in its entirety when they first listened to it," says a Roc Nation executive, who asked to remain anonymous. "That was really the driving force of it, to create that nostalgic moment of unwrapping the CD and listening to it for the first time."

Conceived during three iterations in Australia, New York City and Paris, "Watch the Throne" was kept secure by three core engineers -- Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer and Noah Goldstein -- who disabled their computers' Wi-Fi at pop-up studios constructed in hotel rooms. Due to compromising hacker attempts for West's 2010 release "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," outside producers such as the RZA and Swizz Beatz were asked to appear in-person for works-in-progress -- no emailed song drafts were allowed.

To combat pre-release piracy, Kilhoffer, Grammy Award-winner for West's Graduation and John Legend's Get Lifted, claims that all sessions were saved offsite to hard drives in Goldstein's locked Pelican briefcase over the course of nine months. "Everywhere we went in hotels, we were locking hard drives and Noah took them with him," says Kilhoffer, who now travels with external memory units that can only be accessed by biometric fingerprints.

The technology, which Kilhoffer implements while traveling on West's current European tour, takes a live scan of one's finger to serve as key to access protected material. For less than $100, devices such as the Eikon Digital Privacy Manager and Zvetco Fingerprint Reader measure the finger's ridges and valleys with conductor plates, transmitting imprints through a USB cord to safeguard hard drive contents. While on the road, Kilhoffer and Dean are the sole gatekeepers to unlock the digital safes.

Kanyehttp://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...e-west-and-jay-z-s-watch-the-1005308982.story and Jay-Z's 'Throne' on Track to Break iTunes' One-Week Sales Record

Sent to a manufacturing plant days ahead of its digital unveiling on August 8, Watch the Throne was later shipped to major retail outlets like Best Buy, serviced with exclusive deluxe edition, in time for the album's physical release today. Only two New York City listening sessions -- one at the Mercer Hotel, the other at Hayden Planetarium -- invited the outside world to hear the completed work.

Jay-Z and Kanye West's 'Watch the Throne' Exclusives Have Retailers Up in Arms

While Jay-Z and Kanye West managed to record one of hip-hop's most hotly anticipated albums without compromise, some label executives agree that the method could set an example for an industry still struggling to adapt to the digital renaissance.

"I think there are a lot of people looking at this and saying, 'Wow, maybe these guys are onto something. That might be the way to go,'" says the Roc Nation executive. "I'd be surprised if many other artists don't use this strategy as well."
[/h1]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

These fickle +%% hip hop fans are willing to claim how much of a fan they are. Then precede to DL'd and not buy the album. I hope more artists take note....

NostrandAve68 wrote:
[h1]
[h1]How Jay-Z and Kanye West Beat the Leakers With 'Watch the Throne'[/h1]
August 12, 2011 [h2]By Steven J. Horowitz[/h2]
(This is an abridged version of Steven J. Horowitz's article in the August 20 issue of Billboard titled "Protecting the 'Throne'." For the full article, head here to purchase the issue, and here for a subscription, which gets you the magazine, charts, bulletins and much more.)

When Jay-Z and Kanye West's collaborative album "Watch the Throne" hit iTunes earlier this week, many expressed amazement that the album hadn't leaked, as nearly every hip-hop album in recent memory has.

What they didn't realize was the months of near-military-scale planning required to keep the album under wraps.

Taking C.I.A.-like precautions to ensure that the album was released on their own terms, the duo successfully staved off hackers with a leak-proof strategy -- an anomaly for an industry consistently brought to its knees by web-savvy individuals eager to share unreleased material with the world.

"It was really important to [Jay] that people experienced this album in its entirety when they first listened to it," says a Roc Nation executive, who asked to remain anonymous. "That was really the driving force of it, to create that nostalgic moment of unwrapping the CD and listening to it for the first time."

Conceived during three iterations in Australia, New York City and Paris, "Watch the Throne" was kept secure by three core engineers -- Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer and Noah Goldstein -- who disabled their computers' Wi-Fi at pop-up studios constructed in hotel rooms. Due to compromising hacker attempts for West's 2010 release "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," outside producers such as the RZA and Swizz Beatz were asked to appear in-person for works-in-progress -- no emailed song drafts were allowed.

To combat pre-release piracy, Kilhoffer, Grammy Award-winner for West's Graduation and John Legend's Get Lifted, claims that all sessions were saved offsite to hard drives in Goldstein's locked Pelican briefcase over the course of nine months. "Everywhere we went in hotels, we were locking hard drives and Noah took them with him," says Kilhoffer, who now travels with external memory units that can only be accessed by biometric fingerprints.

The technology, which Kilhoffer implements while traveling on West's current European tour, takes a live scan of one's finger to serve as key to access protected material. For less than $100, devices such as the Eikon Digital Privacy Manager and Zvetco Fingerprint Reader measure the finger's ridges and valleys with conductor plates, transmitting imprints through a USB cord to safeguard hard drive contents. While on the road, Kilhoffer and Dean are the sole gatekeepers to unlock the digital safes.

Kanyehttp://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...e-west-and-jay-z-s-watch-the-1005308982.story and Jay-Z's 'Throne' on Track to Break iTunes' One-Week Sales Record

Sent to a manufacturing plant days ahead of its digital unveiling on August 8, Watch the Throne was later shipped to major retail outlets like Best Buy, serviced with exclusive deluxe edition, in time for the album's physical release today. Only two New York City listening sessions -- one at the Mercer Hotel, the other at Hayden Planetarium -- invited the outside world to hear the completed work.

Jay-Z and Kanye West's 'Watch the Throne' Exclusives Have Retailers Up in Arms

While Jay-Z and Kanye West managed to record one of hip-hop's most hotly anticipated albums without compromise, some label executives agree that the method could set an example for an industry still struggling to adapt to the digital renaissance.

"I think there are a lot of people looking at this and saying, 'Wow, maybe these guys are onto something. That might be the way to go,'" says the Roc Nation executive. "I'd be surprised if many other artists don't use this strategy as well."
[/h1]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

These fickle +%% hip hop fans are willing to claim how much of a fan they are. Then precede to DL'd and not buy the album. I hope more artists take note....

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If they combine the physical sales from Friday, the total should exceed 1,000,000.
They're including the physical copies, 290K digital and the other 100-150K is physical copies. So around gold first week, solid numbers. 

Damn, that's lackluster IMHO.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

If they combine the physical sales from Friday, the total should exceed 1,000,000.
They're including the physical copies, 290K digital and the other 100-150K is physical copies. So around gold first week, solid numbers. 

Damn, that's lackluster IMHO.

I came in here to share how overrated and crappy this album is.

I gave it a score before a few days ago of 3/5 or 2.5/5 and I just came in here to be like the S&P did the US credit rating.

But...

I bumped the album today at work and it's actually pretty good... I will take back my score and bump it up to a 4/5 - maybe 4.25/5.

I still wouldn't call this album a classic, but it's not wack or anything either... and there really is no message with this album... but it is enjoyable for some reason.

To LukeTheJediKnight I take back what I said about you and this album... okay continue on as you were.

I came in here to share how overrated and crappy this album is.

I gave it a score before a few days ago of 3/5 or 2.5/5 and I just came in here to be like the S&P did the US credit rating.

But...

I bumped the album today at work and it's actually pretty good... I will take back my score and bump it up to a 4/5 - maybe 4.25/5.

I still wouldn't call this album a classic, but it's not wack or anything either... and there really is no message with this album... but it is enjoyable for some reason.

To LukeTheJediKnight I take back what I said about you and this album... okay continue on as you were.

::

I did a twitter search for "LOLOLOL white america"
and many people think that's the correct line as well

I did a twitter search for "LOLOLOL white america"
and many people think that's the correct line as well

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by 81KB

Agreed.Kanye didn't go off on any tracks.Otis was pretty much the best he had to offer
you can't honestly believe, Ye bested Hov on atleast 2 tracks

As a whole I wasn't too impressed with this album, but Ye's verse on "New Day" has nestled itself into my personal "Top 10" verses from the guy...
i agree with the New Day part but consider how he constructed both beats and lyrics for this album i'll say did a good #$@ job

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by 81KB

Agreed.Kanye didn't go off on any tracks.Otis was pretty much the best he had to offer
you can't honestly believe, Ye bested Hov on atleast 2 tracks

As a whole I wasn't too impressed with this album, but Ye's verse on "New Day" has nestled itself into my personal "Top 10" verses from the guy...
i agree with the New Day part but consider how he constructed both beats and lyrics for this album i'll say did a good #$@ job

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

1. No Church in the Wild (ft. Frank Ocean) – Thought the beat was kinda average at first to be honest wit yall. But the sh*t been growin on me. The fact that Jay brought back one of his most boring flows…the same one he used on Pray off American Gangster…didnt help nothin tho. Yeezy drops his least EMPHASIZED bars in a minute n gets the green light from Jiggaman to bring autotune back. I dont kno what hour in the day this sh*t was recorded but it sounds like some 5 AM sh*t. In the end tho… both them ++%$@% got the job done n start sh*t off on the rite foot nahmean. The victim of Breezy’s high pitched goon squad attack did his thing too.

2. Lift Off (ft. Beyonce) – I almost aint wanna even comment on this sh*t son…. I dont even kno what to say bout it yo. This sh*t sounds like the anthem the fairies in Ferngully would use to go to war against evil humans to or some sh*t b. This sh*t is like Shia LeBeouf in song form yo. Lissenin to this sh*t is like havin ya ears penetrated by a million microscopic %*!** namsayin. sh*t sounds like ++%$@% doin aerobics on a magical cloud of daisies. How many meadows did Kanye cartwheel across before he decided to make this beat? Seriously yo…. Jus how many lily pads did the $@!$@ skip across the pond on before he got inspired to make some sh*t like this? Definitely one a the worst songs Jay ever been involved in…thats includin those lame joints off Vol 3 wit Amil n Mariah or the worst songs off Kingdom Come….EVEN the Timbo joints off Blueprint 3. Like this joint is SOFT son. Guess thats why Jay only spit like 5 n a half bars on it. Its like the song Yung Berg would play before he goes n commits his latest string of L’s. sh*t is jus terrible son…especially since it took like 6 ++%$@% to produce this muthafu*ka.

3. ++%$@% in Paris – If you can ignore the homoerotic title the sh*t actually aint bad son. I prefer it once the beat changes up tho. It starts off soundin like some sh*t them Young Money ++%$@% mighta left behind in the studio one day. Like I swear I can hear Gudda Gudda gettin his mediocre on in the background for the first 2:43 minutes. But then sh*t gets dramatic n its all good yo. it aint really the monster track ++%$@% made that sh*t out to be tho.

4. Otis (ft. Otis Redding) – First off they need to not be actin like Otis Redding is a “featured

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

1. No Church in the Wild (ft. Frank Ocean) – Thought the beat was kinda average at first to be honest wit yall. But the sh*t been growin on me. The fact that Jay brought back one of his most boring flows…the same one he used on Pray off American Gangster…didnt help nothin tho. Yeezy drops his least EMPHASIZED bars in a minute n gets the green light from Jiggaman to bring autotune back. I dont kno what hour in the day this sh*t was recorded but it sounds like some 5 AM sh*t. In the end tho… both them ++%$@% got the job done n start sh*t off on the rite foot nahmean. The victim of Breezy’s high pitched goon squad attack did his thing too.

2. Lift Off (ft. Beyonce) – I almost aint wanna even comment on this sh*t son…. I dont even kno what to say bout it yo. This sh*t sounds like the anthem the fairies in Ferngully would use to go to war against evil humans to or some sh*t b. This sh*t is like Shia LeBeouf in song form yo. Lissenin to this sh*t is like havin ya ears penetrated by a million microscopic %*!** namsayin. sh*t sounds like ++%$@% doin aerobics on a magical cloud of daisies. How many meadows did Kanye cartwheel across before he decided to make this beat? Seriously yo…. Jus how many lily pads did the $@!$@ skip across the pond on before he got inspired to make some sh*t like this? Definitely one a the worst songs Jay ever been involved in…thats includin those lame joints off Vol 3 wit Amil n Mariah or the worst songs off Kingdom Come….EVEN the Timbo joints off Blueprint 3. Like this joint is SOFT son. Guess thats why Jay only spit like 5 n a half bars on it. Its like the song Yung Berg would play before he goes n commits his latest string of L’s. sh*t is jus terrible son…especially since it took like 6 ++%$@% to produce this muthafu*ka.

3. ++%$@% in Paris – If you can ignore the homoerotic title the sh*t actually aint bad son. I prefer it once the beat changes up tho. It starts off soundin like some sh*t them Young Money ++%$@% mighta left behind in the studio one day. Like I swear I can hear Gudda Gudda gettin his mediocre on in the background for the first 2:43 minutes. But then sh*t gets dramatic n its all good yo. it aint really the monster track ++%$@% made that sh*t out to be tho.

4. Otis (ft. Otis Redding) – First off they need to not be actin like Otis Redding is a “featured

Back
Top Bottom