<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by illfrozn

No opening act? That's disappointing. That and looking over the set list, I didn't see any real surprises or highlights ...
Yeah the set list was kinda disappointing ... I could have dealt without some of it.

No opening act? That's disappointing. That and looking over the set list, I didn't see any real surprises or highlights ...
Yeah the set list was kinda disappointing ... I could have dealt without some of it.

i went to the atl show, and they did every major hit with some less popular songs. Yeezy had some solos and would go back and forth with Jay. It was not a mind blowing show but it got the job done and i left extremely satisfied

i went to the atl show, and they did every major hit with some less popular songs. Yeezy had some solos and would go back and forth with Jay. It was not a mind blowing show but it got the job done and i left extremely satisfied

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Dang. Show scheduled for 7:30 and no performance til 9? and with no opener? That !$$# cray.

Yea.... so how does that work?

Show started at 7:30...... but yall saying they dont come out till 9?

So whats going on for the 2.5 hours?

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Dang. Show scheduled for 7:30 and no performance til 9? and with no opener? That !$$# cray.

Yea.... so how does that work?

Show started at 7:30...... but yall saying they dont come out till 9?

So whats going on for the 2.5 hours?

Originally Posted by young dr0

I agree with buddy. This is for the. It Jay Kanye fans. Ima a fan of. Both pretty much so it was cool. Didn't really. Care for the album and clearly some others didn't bc they seemed to get meh responses. A lotta ppl were just there to be seen though typical Atl sh.t. Brauds was EVERYWHERE tho
what I really dislike about ATL sometimes...
30t6p3b.gif

So I guess this doesn't top Glow in the Dark...

Lowkey, i'm kinda happy about that cause... GITD was the best concert i've ever been to. 

Originally Posted by young dr0

I agree with buddy. This is for the. It Jay Kanye fans. Ima a fan of. Both pretty much so it was cool. Didn't really. Care for the album and clearly some others didn't bc they seemed to get meh responses. A lotta ppl were just there to be seen though typical Atl sh.t. Brauds was EVERYWHERE tho
what I really dislike about ATL sometimes...
30t6p3b.gif

So I guess this doesn't top Glow in the Dark...

Lowkey, i'm kinda happy about that cause... GITD was the best concert i've ever been to. 

I don't understand why dudes care about openers or guests at a Jay-Z & Kanye West concert.
Unless they were to bring out Prince or some %%@%, anybody else isn't even as exciting.
They got more than enough hits to carry the show by themselves

I don't understand why dudes care about openers or guests at a Jay-Z & Kanye West concert.
Unless they were to bring out Prince or some %%@%, anybody else isn't even as exciting.

Originally Posted by awwsome

Guests are one thing, but I can understand an opening act. Especially when, from what I've read, Jay basically performed his standard "Jay-Z tour" songs plus his half of WTT. Kanye basically performed "Kanye tour" songs (minus MBDTF) plus his half of WTT. For tickets around $500, which is a tremendous amount to pay for a show, you expect more. For a little more money, you could see them separately with a total of 4 to 6 opening acts. If you've seen Jay and Kanye, you have seen most of these songs performed live before. What are you getting besides WTT and a bunch of lasers??

Originally Posted by awwsome

Guests are one thing, but I can understand an opening act. Especially when, from what I've read, Jay basically performed his standard "Jay-Z tour" songs plus his half of WTT. Kanye basically performed "Kanye tour" songs (minus MBDTF) plus his half of WTT. For tickets around $500, which is a tremendous amount to pay for a show, you expect more. For a little more money, you could see them separately with a total of 4 to 6 opening acts. If you've seen Jay and Kanye, you have seen most of these songs performed live before. What are you getting besides WTT and a bunch of lasers??

For tickets around $500, which is a tremendous amount to pay for a show, you expect more.

What are these $500 tickets you speak of. You bought tickets to The Throne tour.....not the Jay-Z B-Sides & MBDTF tour.

For tickets around $500, which is a tremendous amount to pay for a show, you expect more.

What are these $500 tickets you speak of. You bought tickets to The Throne tour.....not the Jay-Z B-Sides & MBDTF tour.

At first I was disappointed when I saw the set list, and still I'm a little meh about them not doing a few tracks...

But it's a WTT show, and from what I've seen they did all of the original 12 tracks (besides that's my B). I personally love WTT and still do, so I know I will love the show.

At first I was disappointed when I saw the set list, and still I'm a little meh about them not doing a few tracks...

But it's a WTT show, and from what I've seen they did all of the original 12 tracks (besides that's my B). I personally love WTT and still do, so I know I will love the show.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

After taxes and fees, floor seats are close to that (maybe not where you live though). About the songs, my point is if you have seen these two before, the solo songs are generally the same for both artists. MBDTF was brought up, because that is Kanye's latest CD and only three songs from that album are being performed. Who doesn't want to see more? Dark Fantasy? Devil in a New Dress? All of the Lights? LITW?

I don't need to see Jay do "b-sides", but as others mentioned, Lucifer, Allure, stuff we'd love to see. If you saw the BP3 tour, what's new besides WTT tracks? Hell, didn't he "close" that tour with Encore too? If you saw GITD, what's new besides 4 songs? Plus, no opener. For the "premium prices", cost to watch online, and expectation of a 4 hour show, I just expected more. Props to them performing so many songs though ...

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

After taxes and fees, floor seats are close to that (maybe not where you live though). About the songs, my point is if you have seen these two before, the solo songs are generally the same for both artists. MBDTF was brought up, because that is Kanye's latest CD and only three songs from that album are being performed. Who doesn't want to see more? Dark Fantasy? Devil in a New Dress? All of the Lights? LITW?

I don't need to see Jay do "b-sides", but as others mentioned, Lucifer, Allure, stuff we'd love to see. If you saw the BP3 tour, what's new besides WTT tracks? Hell, didn't he "close" that tour with Encore too? If you saw GITD, what's new besides 4 songs? Plus, no opener. For the "premium prices", cost to watch online, and expectation of a 4 hour show, I just expected more. Props to them performing so many songs though ...

^
275 after fees for 1 floor ticket here, paid 550 for my pair.
Blueprint 3 tour the same seats ran 115 a pop. All of Kanye West festival stops this year were cheap tickets. festival prices, but still cheap for arguably the best performance(s) by any artist this year.

When this tour was first announced along with the prices, people were shocked. But with that pricetag everyone expected an amazing show, from peoples reactions this is not what was expected, and nowhere near past tours or performances. Hopefully it improves as the tour moves along.

quality was a little disappointing
quantity very disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom