<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

StaXX wrote:
Good looking y'all.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
 Did I not catch something? Hook a NTer up if possible?

I saw Lil Wayne at Bonnaroo and it was by far the biggest waste of time of my life. Left half way through, only reason I went was the people I was with wanted to see it.

I'm going to tell a little story so some of you can understand how epic a Kanye performance is.

Last month I had 5 tickets to the Kanye show at Summerfest in Milwaukee. It was about a 5 hour drive for us. I bought too many tickets and had 2 extras, ended up convincing one of my friends to go and gave him the ticket for free since he had the best car out of all of us to drive that far. He wasn't excited AT all about going. We are going to see Incubus next month and he kept saying he was way more pumped for that. On our way home his car broke down in Hammond, Indiana (terrible city) We were stuck there for hours, ended up having to leave his car and take a grey hound home which was about the worst experience of my life.... our 5 hour trip home turned into an 18 hour trip. While we were walking to the bus station he says to me "even knowing all this was gonna happen, I'd do it all again, that was the greatest thing I've ever seen."

I think that's a pretty powerful statement coming from somebody who before the show didn't care to be there.

I saw Lil Wayne at Bonnaroo and it was by far the biggest waste of time of my life. Left half way through, only reason I went was the people I was with wanted to see it.

I'm going to tell a little story so some of you can understand how epic a Kanye performance is.

Last month I had 5 tickets to the Kanye show at Summerfest in Milwaukee. It was about a 5 hour drive for us. I bought too many tickets and had 2 extras, ended up convincing one of my friends to go and gave him the ticket for free since he had the best car out of all of us to drive that far. He wasn't excited AT all about going. We are going to see Incubus next month and he kept saying he was way more pumped for that. On our way home his car broke down in Hammond, Indiana (terrible city) We were stuck there for hours, ended up having to leave his car and take a grey hound home which was about the worst experience of my life.... our 5 hour trip home turned into an 18 hour trip. While we were walking to the bus station he says to me "even knowing all this was gonna happen, I'd do it all again, that was the greatest thing I've ever seen."

I think that's a pretty powerful statement coming from somebody who before the show didn't care to be there.

I got an email saying my hard copy of WTT would ship on 8/12 and I would also be able to DL the digital copy on 8/8, did anyone else get this??

I got an email saying my hard copy of WTT would ship on 8/12 and I would also be able to DL the digital copy on 8/8, did anyone else get this??

laugh.gif
@ the money talk  - doesn't even require a response

roll.gif
son just doesn't have the bread

question....do yall think anything will be available in the public sale? I'm trying to coordinate with someone else/dont get paid until a few days after presale starts
laugh.gif
i can't

laugh.gif
@ the money talk  - doesn't even require a response

roll.gif
son just doesn't have the bread

question....do yall think anything will be available in the public sale? I'm trying to coordinate with someone else/dont get paid until a few days after presale starts
laugh.gif
i can't

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Actually, if you saw Lil Wayne live when Cash Money was at its best (back when the Hot Boyz and Big Tymers existed), you'd see that they put on one of the best live shows you could ask for. Today, he just kind of mumbles and walks around... Which is pretty much what Jay does on stage, no?

This and he does all his weak $@! singles, I've seen Jay twice and WILL NEVER GO AGAIN. 

Actually, if you saw Lil Wayne live when Cash Money was at its best (back when the Hot Boyz and Big Tymers existed), you'd see that they put on one of the best live shows you could ask for. Today, he just kind of mumbles and walks around... Which is pretty much what Jay does on stage, no?

This and he does all his weak $@! singles, I've seen Jay twice and WILL NEVER GO AGAIN. 

I cant even front, I'll probably be going online at 10 til and getting tickets first thing Tuesday morning. I just don't think it's going to be worth the price tag. If it was a Jay and Kanye greatest hits concert, it would be worth it. Hearing a bunch of stuff from an album I haven't even heard yet is not something I'm looking forward to--especially when their most recent material has not been that good. Everything Jay has put out after BP has been mediocre and mostly successful of his branding and marketing. I'm imagining that if they're charging more than most big pop acts that they must have something bigger in store than just the typical walk around lazily while rapping routine.

I cant even front, I'll probably be going online at 10 til and getting tickets first thing Tuesday morning. I just don't think it's going to be worth the price tag. If it was a Jay and Kanye greatest hits concert, it would be worth it. Hearing a bunch of stuff from an album I haven't even heard yet is not something I'm looking forward to--especially when their most recent material has not been that good. Everything Jay has put out after BP has been mediocre and mostly successful of his branding and marketing. I'm imagining that if they're charging more than most big pop acts that they must have something bigger in store than just the typical walk around lazily while rapping routine.

Word?  The Black Album and American Gangster were mediocre, huh?

Back
Top Bottom