pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Romain Gavras has  been hitting homerun after homerun since "Born Free" 
pimp.gif

Look at Watch the Throne again, look at the track list, Kanye West and Jay-Z are well aware of the absurd cultural position they have grown to hold, and if and if you analyze the content of watch the throne they make clear the juxtaposition of there realities, is a constant theme of watch the throne and IMO the albums central message.

It's absurd, that two men let alone black men have risen to this level of wealth, (@%!#@% in Paris), the level of wealth that they have acquired is truly absurd and is even more so when you come from real actual system, griding poverty. (Murder to Excellence), People should be mad, it's weird and probably negative for society for anybody to wield as much power as the super rich currently do(No Church In the Wild), but who exactly is going to stop them?

::

Kanye is in the beginning of the video, throwing the molotov cocktail

I like the 'fan' indy video better, the one with the escaped slaves hanging the slave master

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Watch the Throne is an album about consumption to the point of excess.
Erroneous.
Not...really. That quote immediately conjures feelings of flashiness and flossing...and that's what the author of it meant, in context. But, even when they're not talking about fly $%$!, they're talking about "consumption to the point of excess"...all the introspection, all the poignant moments of reflection are pretty much spurred by consumption to the point of excess. Theirs and the people in their lives. (maybe not "all" the moments.) So, while that quote seems like someone complaining about The Throne's decadence...again (and, it is). Deeper than that, they (Kanye and Jay-Z) talk about being so large, so consuming as figures and just...people a lot on this album. Maybe even excessively. But, they definitely realize it's all too much sometimes. It just doesn't seem to bother them. Or they've accepted this as just part of their lives. People consuming them, them consuming people, places and...things. Even when they're not flossing.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

What is Gwyneth Paltrow doing in that group?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

*Hollywood*......................."When your friends is Chris and Gwyneth, When your girl is more famous then you then it's"

Originally Posted by ZSong

Kanye is in the beginning of the video, throwing the molotov cocktail

I like the 'fan' indy video better, the one with the escaped slaves hanging the slave master

Not ye, but i also that was him when i first saw the vid

Originally Posted by jthagreat

emier2 wrote:

i wonder what tickets were running

ask Jay-z's biggest fan Illuztrious...he was in attendance...jealous my dude

LOL. This guy. I paid like 100 Euro for decent seats. Showed up kind of late and had to sit further back than planned. Great show tho'.

Back
Top Bottom