Kanye West Starting Sneaker Company

once your name is big.... You can do anything.... shoes clothes perfum..... I even heard about 50 cent trying to make condoms... I mean come on...

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think this could actually work and would sell.
The problem with Ice Creams or S. Carters is their design were just plain and unoriginal.

Not only is Kanye on a whole new other level right now with popularity and hype, he also actually designed original shoes, enough that you can say: "Hey, I have not seen many of those around."
Kanye has a bigger cult following that Pharrell or Jay-Z when it comes to fashion, people would kill to dress like him.
Say what you want about it being hype, but it does sell and Kanye is banking on it right now.

Take Kanye's name off of the Air Yeezy's and make it unlimited with the same price tag and it will be sitting in the store with everything waiting for it to go on sale.
But put Kanye in it, hype it up for years with teaser pics and make it limited and bam, you got gold.

Kanye has done the same with the LV's, teaser here and there and I am afraid that it will sell even at that high retail.
He is pushing the limits with the pricing but he is also testing the waters.
If the LV x KW does not sell due to high prices, making his own shoe line will be a good selling point where you can buy similar designed shoe for a lot cheaper.
If it does sell well even at high prices, then he has a set benchmark for his sig line.
That is pure genius I think.

Ok, I completely agree with you on all your points. But he's being a hippocrit. He says he wants shoes for his people and he "has the hood" in mind. How could you have "the hood" in mind with your Nike shoes costing 200+ dollars and limiting it to like 250 pairs worldwide? How does he have "the hood" in mind dropping 800 dollar Louis Vuitton sneakers? He's not doing this for his people he's doing it for himself. Maybe he should admit that before he goes around acting like he's this savior of all sorts. Kanye is dope as an artist, he is dope as a designer, he's also a dope dresser. BUT he needs to work on his PR because people aren't stupid. If he drops a shoe/clothing line, and truly wants it to be for his people, it should be affordable for everyone.

You guys point out good points and have reasonable facts to support your writting.  One thing that I will say and maybe a lot of you might disagree or agree depending on your take...

Is, The more kanye sells the more motivation is giving him to create more ideas and at the end sell them high.  It's good but at one point the child is going to be old enough to not be scare of the monster anymore.

Vise versa.  Everyone is hyping him up and all, but if he keeps up his mentality "the higher the better"..people will start to accelerate away.  Not everyone can't afford!

That avy makes up for the gravedig.
laugh.gif

Having his own company would only lead to overexposure of the Kanye brand name thus killing the exclisivity of having something asssociated with it

Not only that but unless he hires Tinker you know its gonna be wack

Could be cool...hopefully it's not too "unisex".
laugh.gif
"Every time I see Juelz his jeans get tighter and his shoes get skinnier." - Tru Life

Well the yeezys reminded me of the concept of spikez.If he cant use those styles...then what ??I hope hes sucessful id love ro rock some sik sneakers,That arent Nikes Jz or Tims

Hmm I'm interested to see how long his company would last if he was to open up his own shop and the designs he would come up with.

yo dudes crazy but not all the kicks can be like the og yezzeys i think he might crap out cuz dudes team runs all over the place

Back
Top Bottom