Kanye West's "Mystery Nike's" at Grammy's

The ankle is bothering me. It looks like an Air Force V but has just 1 row of lace loops. Any input greatly appreciated. It looks like this is the Spizikeof Nike retro kicks.

Posted at NiceKicks.com.
In a recent interview with NY Times' The Moment, Kanye West answers a few questions about his take on fashion as well as about his "get up" he wore to the Grammy's.
When asked about what he wore, Kanye mentioned his kicks:
I had on a pair of Nikes too, but I can't talk about those because they're not out yet.

Not out YET? Thank you Kanye for letting us know the good news that these weren't some special 1 of 1's. From the photos that we have (many after the jump), you can see that the shoes clearly have a lasered swoosh, Air Flight Revolution outsole, and tongue and ankle shaped similar to the Air Force V.

These will be a pair to keep on the radar. Hopefully these won't join the ranks of the McFly's and never be seen again. Info thanks to Hype Beast.

kanye-west-mystery-nikes-2.jpg

Kanye West wearing "Mystery Nike's" at Grammy Awards Show

kanye-west-mystery-nikes-3.jpg

kanye-west-mystery-nikes-4.jpg

kanye-west-mystery-nikes-5.jpg

kanye-west-mystery-nikes-6.jpg

kanye-west-mystery-nikes-7.jpg

kanye-west-mystery-nikes-8.jpg

there ugly and unplesant WHOMEVER makes them..

sad sad day for sneakers.

wear what you truley like not what some dude on tv wears

Lol. Forget the sneakers, check out my mans wit the long hair in the crowd lower right, he's starin kinda hard at Ye on some Gangstalicious notion
laugh.gif

Those are sold out as soon as they hit da stands....I bet nike threw those at kanye to see how influential & marketable he'd be as a non athlete.....

I may be the only one sayin that but I gotta say I like them. Wouldn't cop tho, especially with a $300 price tag.

I like em'.
The height is what makes these so appealing, taking me back to the early 90's when high top's were high tops.
The strap is also a nice touch (without it the shoe would be too simple).
I could really care less what Mr.West wears, as I could never realistically (nor would I ever) wear LV or whatever other overpriced brand is fashionable at themoment. Aesthetically it is a nice looking shoe, with a classic black upper and white sole (you can never go wrong with this colorway).
Whether you like or dislike Kanye should be a separate issue but those kicks are smooth.
Now all I hope for is that there not uber-limited or priced along the lines of LV, Gucci, etc.

SLP, i agree about the HIGH top. I have a old pair of Solo flights from 91' that everyone I know seems to just hate.
airsoloflightgreyblackred23.jpg

its out of style according to them and just too bulky. I love the large tongue I guess kanye is the only one who can influence the market and change the directhabits and personlaities of millions. how can one second, you call out a dude for wearing some high tops and the next be the first to drop $300 dollars onthem.

Whether you like or dislike Kanye should be a separate issue but those kicks are smooth.
I agree..man there's so much hate for these and I look at them and am at least intrigued by them, and I'd say I like what I seeso far.

Back
Top Bottom