Kanye YEEZUS Tour With Kendrick Lamar (NEW DATES ADDED 10/22)

Went to the Tampa show Saturday night.  I thought the show was incredible.  Best concert I've ever been to.  It was more than just a concert.  It was also like a play or performance art IMO.  Every song had a story or theme to it.  HUGE improvement from the GITD tour.  Even though that concert was amazing as well.  

TDot had mentioned that at his concert Kanye was more on the right side of the stage (Kanye's left) so I was kinda bummed at first because my area was VIP seats in the left side of the stage (Kanye's right).  But he actually did the opposite and was towards our side this concert it seemed.  I picked the perfect area. If you have the VIP section , move to the front area of the VIP area next to the General Audience.  That's where he mostly is.  Kanye was literally right in front of me most of the show where the big light from the top beams down on the stage.  Mostly in the front part of the walkway stage at the line that separates VIP from GA.  He interacts with everybody in the audience on the floor level in the front areas though.  But either side you get it doesn't really matter because the walkway is thin so both sides see him perfectly either side.  

It was funny on some songs he changes the lyrics like on "Mercy" instead of Jordans he says  Yeezys and on "Don't Like" instead of "Shout out to Derek Rose, man that n***a nice"  he says, "hope that n***a aiight".

On Bound 2 a dude in my area had on Yeezus Tour Merchandise and Kanye handed him the mic to rap at the end.  Really cool to see that and see Kanye give daps to the people in the crowd and actually look at you in the audience and feel your energy and rapping every song right with him.  Kanye seemed truly happy when he's performing and giving an awesome show. I had a lot of fun.   

I would go to another show in heartbeat.  I REALLY hope they put this concert tour out on Bluray.    

Last edited:
sunday night was amazing. best concert i've been to, visually. better than WTT, which i was front row for. music wise it was awesome too, i just wish he shortened that rant so he coulda included "street lights"... i was looking foward to that, it's my fav song on 808's... i really wish he would realize how dope "devil in a new dress" is, and include it in his set... it woulda killed it. musically i might have preferred WTT, cuz ye's hits in combination with jay's is just too strong together, not to mention the WTT songs being performed.

as mentioned b4, it's obvious he's been hanging with a lot of architects and stuff... and he's on a very dark vibe, with the snow, the fire, etc... it all really invokes a very spiritual feeling... the demon thing with red eyes was crazy, especially how it just hung out staring at people in the crowd from different parts of the pyramid in the back... the girls were dope, they bring a certain class to the whole show... the ending when they all bow down to jesus at the top of the pyramid was amazing. as a christian it's awesome to see such a mainstream rapper repping jesus like he does (without it coming off as corny)...

did anyone notice he handed the mic to some random dude to finish "bound 2"? :lol: was really surprised he did that, as in total control he is of his entire show... he was laughing and smiling at the kid messing up by continuing to say lyrics when they were supposed to stop. he seemed like he was in a good mood by the end of the show, even in his rants, he was making tons of jokes. his main "runaway" rant lasted well over 20 minutes, i got the whole thing recorded. it was way too long. i am jealous over the 10 minute rant he did the night b4, as it seemed to talk more about the red october's, and was shorter... on sunday he even did another rant later in the show... imo, these long rants really slow down the momentum of the show, and he seems to always say the same stuff, in slightly different ways... he should save them for the interviews, and just cut them to 5 minutes tops during the shows, cuz they'd be more effective that way, but instead he loses people who don't give a F about his fashion struggles...

he did the thing where he hits the first note of "runaway" and then walks off leaving the crowd on the edge of their seat for the rest... every time right b4 he would hit the mpc again it would get mega quiet and i would yell out "devil in a new dress"!!! :rofl: i know his punk @$% heard me at least once...

the main thing i was impressed by tho, was how passionate and in total control he is in over his ENTIRE show. he was coaching the light guys in the middle of songs, telling them when to display him on the LED screen above, telling them it was too much smoke, etc, etc... he was telling mike dean to hold certain bass notes longer (who was a total pimp btw, back there with his goose down feather rimmed hood over his head while performing)... his DJ was weak, his cuts were amateur, which i find surprising since the scratch god a-trak used to be his DJ... you would think his standards would be much higher now.

but my point is, i've never seen another artist in rap be that concerned, demanding, and in control, of every aspect of his show. most rappers just want their mic volume to be right. this dude is controlling every single aspect. the only artist in general i've seen be that involved is the god of all music gods, michael jackson. i'm sure there's others, but none that i've seen in hip hop music.

i was standing in line at will call and realized travie mccoy was standing next to us with his boys, trying to pick up their free passes. other than that tho i didn't see any other celebs, tho i heard about a lot being in the building.

we hit up the afterparty at 1 oak later that night, where we were in VIP with don c, celebrating his bday, along with virgil, busta rhymes, fonsworth bentley, travis scott, etc... i had a good convo with don c and virgil. didn't even bring up the red october's, cuz i knew they were trying to party, not discuss the drama and politics...

i went to the pop up shop near soho on sunday afternoon b4 the show. ran into aziz ansari there... he was buying product. i asked him "isn't yeezus your boy? figured you'd get this stuff for free"... haha... he was telling people no to pix with him so i didn't bother asking him. he asked my name and shook my hand and talked with me for a second, i think he appreciated the fact i didn't ask him for a pic and wasn't treating him like a celebrity.

they were selling an exclusive white tee with "JESUS CHRIST" in heavy metal style rock logo letters on the front, and the tour dates on the back. they said it was the only piece not being sold at the concert, limited to 60 pieces... i picked two up, one large, one medium (will post pix of it later, surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet). and got 2 black indian skull tees, one for my girl, and one for me (i'm part native american so i love that art)...

they had the green, branded flight jacket for sale. i think it's ugly tho, cuz it's too baggy, the flag on the shoulder is too big, and the yeezus branding on the back is all low and too big. i'm picky about proportions of logos on clothes, i like smaller, compact logos, if rocking logos at all... so even if i were to be ok with rocking a rebel flag as a white looking guy, it is no bueno to me...

i wanted a poster but had no way to bring it back and travel with it without messing it up. hoping to pick one up on ebay eventually, as i really like the art on it. i'd prolly frame it with the tickets and VIP wristbands, as it was an awesome experience with my girl, she LOVED the show, and also considers it the best she's ever attended.

i ended up about 2nd row in VIP-1... look to my right after tribe, and i'm standing next to suniversal suniversal ... :lol:

we chopped it up about the red october's... he's got at least 1 more pair coming to him, so i introduced my girl to him as "the luckiest guy on earth"... :lol:

we both agreed the release is prolly gonna be scrapped. just can't see nike dropping a shoe that will inevitably promote a guy who has been actively bashing them in public, and has now officially signed with their only true competitor...

i like adidas, have always collected them since the early 90's, so i don't care, as long as the product's dope. i really like the red octobers, more than the red dons that i regret passing on, so i really wanted them, but if they don't release i won't be mad at all... speaking of red dons tho, there was a kid next to us holding them up at the show, and kanye saw them and pointed them out... he didn't have a pen in hand tho, do i don't know what his point was... i thought about bringing a tan yeezy 1 and a marker to hold up cuz i knew he'd prolly sign them in a down time part of the show, but i just didn't want to have a big bulky shoe on my person like that, and i damn sure wasn't about to wear them.

i saw lots of heat on random people at the show... saw the red dons, saw red supreme blazers, net and zen Y1's, and solar Y2's, but they hardly count since ya can't even tell if they're real anymore, with such good fakes out... :smh:

overall it was a great experience, and i can call myself 110% a fan of his music and art, and not just his fashion anymore... i've liked some of his music here and there over the years, but i'm more of a EDM and instrumental music kind of guy, so i've always just been a casual fan of his music. the visual aspect of the show secured him as prolly my favorite rap performer.

a tribe called quest was SOOOOO good. you could feel that raw, old school hip hop vibe in the garden when they were on... the whole crowd was jumping during "award tour"... busta came out and went roid rage style on his verse for "scenario"... :lol: swear i thought due was gonna bust a blood vessel in his face...

that chick that came out holding the apple and signs was one of the thickets chicks i've ever seen with a tiny waist. ridiculous proportions... :wow:

i had no idea that was supposedly their last performance together evar until q-tip said something about it at the end... i doubt it will be tho, as long as phife's health is decent, they will come back to do random shows if they pay enough, i'm sure...

sorry for the length of this, but this is my review.

will post pix and video soon (but of course the one thing i forgot rushing out to catch my plane was my digital camera, so it's all iphone pix and footage, but with some editing it should be fine)...

Nice meeting you and your girl! Great times & will keep you posted if I hear any more info about the release.

Good lord Proto. I'm a Kanye fan but that's a book of a review lol. Good to hear you enjoyed it though :wink:

Btw are you banned from this latest 'Y2 Red' thread? Haven't seen you post

Atlanta show was great, I got general admission for 150,somehow got the vip wrist band so I was right next to the stage. Unreal being so close.

The rant was cool, I thought he had positive message and seemed to be in a good mood all night.

He mentioned twice that Wayne, Jeezy, 2 Chainz and TI were in the building, made me think they were coming out but that never happened. Definitely one of the best shows I've been to.

View media item 676491View media item 676493View media item 676496View media item 676494View media item 676495View media item 676497View media item 676498View media item 676499

Last edited:
Went to the Tampa show Saturday night.  I thought the show was incredible.  Best concert I've ever been to.  It was more than just a concert.  It was also like a play or performance art IMO.  Every song had a story or theme to it.  HUGE improvement from the GITD tour.  Even though that concert was amazing as well.  

TDot had mentioned that at his concert Kanye was more on the right side of the stage (Kanye's left) so I was kinda bummed at first because my area was VIP seats in the left side of the stage (Kanye's right).  But he actually did the opposite and was towards our side this concert it seemed.  I picked the perfect area. If you have the VIP section , move to the front area of the VIP area next to the General Audience.  That's where he mostly is.  Kanye was literally right in front of me most of the show where the big light from the top beams down on the stage.  Mostly in the front part of the walkway stage at the line that separates VIP from GA.  He interacts with everybody in the audience on the floor level in the front areas though.  But either side you get it doesn't really matter because the walkway is thin so both sides see him perfectly either side.  

It was funny on some songs he changes the lyrics like on "Mercy" instead of Jordans he says  Yeezys and on "Don't Like" instead of "Shout out to Derek Rose, man that n***a nice"  he says, "hope that n***a aiight".

On Bound 2 a dude in my area had on Yeezus Tour Merchandise and Kanye handed him the mic to rap at the end.  Really cool to see that and see Kanye give daps to the people in the crowd and actually look at you in the audience and feel your energy and rapping every song right with him.  Kanye seemed truly happy when he's performing and giving an awesome show. I had a lot of fun.   

I would go to another show in heartbeat.  I REALLY hope they put this concert tour out on Bluray.    

me too cuz i missed the atlanta show smh

its official, ill be at the anaheim show sec 227. Hoping he'll have k.dot there but it doesn't seem like anyone else is scheduled to be there :rolleyes

its official, ill be at the anaheim show sec 227. Hoping he'll have k.dot there but it doesn't seem like anyone else is scheduled to be there :rolleyes

I know man imma be going to that one too. It's weird tho because he's gonna be a part of cali xmas which is the very next day at the honda center which is the same place, so idk

I know I'm late but I just signed up earlier this week. Went to the last NY show last Sunday, it was a great experience though I wish the rant was just five minutes shorter. I also like how it basically turned into an encore once Jesus Walks starts.

I have finals until 5pm and then I need to drive to Dallas for the concert from A&M. My VIP1 email says to get there around 6 for check in, obviously I won't make it at 6 and will probably miss the pre-party (not really concerned about) but will I still be able to get a prime spot for Kanye?

*for people that had VIP1 any advice on timing and your experience. Thanks

Wish I had planned ahead and bought Houston tickets since its Saturday...

Man, wish I could go back and see this concert again. I went to the SJ and Oak shows back in October (when the rants were short lol ) and they were amazing. Interesting reading different reviews and hearing about the little changes he makes at every show :pimp:

Last edited:
Going to the Dallas show tomorrow.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Got the Suite for it...hopefully something special comes in it. I'll post pics though.

For all the recent shows, has Ye stuck to his left (viewers right side) on stage?

In Houston he stayed on the right (his left) for the most part (a lot of preening after he took off the mask). At the end he handed the mic to some girls on the left (his right) and they basically didn't do **** with it
mean.gif

At the San Antonio show he seemed to be more on his right side.

I had a good time at the show. I was in a suite and the bottles were flowing so by the time Kanye got on I was feeling good.
When he kicked out that broad and told her "Im Kanye Motherloving West and I'm dead serious" everybody started laughing and going wild. He only had a two minute rant then went straight into a song after they threw out that chick. Overall it was a great show and I would go see him again.

Looking forward to going again for the Toronto show. Just hope things are more organized pre-show and the rants are short.

kendrick will be opening for ye @ the anaheim show. just got word.

was hopin itd be pusha, but should still be dope. 2nd go around after staples!

Back
Top Bottom