Kanye's best album??? vol. aaw here it goes

Originally Posted by King Arthur

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Kanye-West-Late-Registration-%5BVinyl%5D.jpg

now lock it up 
nothing else to see here folks 

Graduation! College Dropout 2nd tho, cant believe some of yall put 808's over the 2 i said

The fact that EVERYONE is saying a different album just shows how good all of his albums are.

Where as if this was a Jay-z discussion there would be 2, maybe 3 answers. Blueprint, Black Album, and Reasonable Doubt.

Cant pick a best but my favorite is def graduation. A better question is will this dude ever fall off? Its like whenever he drops a solo joint it almost always changes the landscape of hip hop.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

The fact that EVERYONE is saying a different album just shows how good all of his albums are.

Where as if this was a Jay-z discussion there would be 2, maybe 3 answers. Blueprint, Black Album, and Reasonable Doubt.

And "American Gangster".

You say that as if its supposed to be a knock on Hov. He has albums that are clear cut best albums of all time, KanYes albums only fit within the realm of KanYes albums. 
You're the second person that has alluded to this in this thread, I honestly don't see how anyone can say KanYes catalog> JAY-Zs catalog or any KanYe album> a JAY-Z album.

Originally Posted by Antidope

You say that as if its supposed to be a knock on Hov. He has albums that are clear cut best albums of all time, KanYes albums only fit within the realm of KanYes albums. 
You're the second person that has alluded to this in this thread, I honestly don't see how anyone can say KanYes catalog> JAY-Zs catalog or any KanYe album> a JAY-Z album.
Late Registration, College Dropout, Graduation, & MBDTF are all better than The Dynasty, Vol. 1, Kingdom Come, Blueprint 2 & 3. That's just my opinion, though. 

1. MBDTF
2. CD
3. Graduation
4. LR
5. 808's (I consider the album a 8.5 out of 10.)

Originally Posted by Antidope

That's arguable. I'm saying Kanye's complete catalog he really has NO misses. Where as Jay has a lot of albums that are full of filler. I will probably never listen to Vol 1 or Vol 3 again. Vol 2 ehhhh maybe. Kingdom Come, Blueprint 2, and Blueprint 3 are all kinda ehhhh as well. Sure there are some great songs on them, but as a whole.. I skip the hell out of them. So Hov has 3-4 undeniably complete albums out of 12ish depending on what you count. Where Kanye has 5-6 complete albums depending on if you like 808's and if you count WTT.

I'm not calling Kanye a better rapper by any means, but saying that in terms of his catalog, it is more complete. I mean you've got people in here saying MBDTF, CD, LR, Graduation, WTT, some even say 808's... because they are all pretty damn good. Now with Jay-z MOST people will say The Black Album, The Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, or maybe AG. Nobody is gonna come in a thread and say "Oh yeah, out of all of Hov's albums, Vol 1 and 3 are by far the best." But that's just my opinion.

This is a hard one but I would have to say between college dropout and late registration

Guess its just me but I've always felt that Vol. 1 is his most under rated album. I never hear anyone give it props and I feel its because it followed RD. When people listen to it, they're just comparing it to RD. I heard it before I heard RD so it was just a stand alone album to me.
Vol 3. is one of his most balanced albums. It was the perfect mixture of pop and hood. BP3 was the same, there wasn't a song on there that couldn't have been a single yet they all were real rap that you could listen too and feel like its about something.

The only two albums of his that I would say were misses were BP2: The Gift and Kingdom Come. You can't judge BP2 as one whole thing they really were two totally different albums. The Curse was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 and Kingdom Come I would call a miss because it was the comeback album and it didn't really blow peoples minds away. I like it though, a few tracks didnt do it for me though.

Wasn't really trying to saying anything bad about KanYe either (gotta make that clear before the pitchforks come out), I just don't think the catalogues are comparable and KanYe did have a miss. 808s and Heartbreak was a total miss IMO.

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Kanye-West-Late-Registration-%5BVinyl%5D.jpg

The grooves on this album were second to none. All the chords and playful melodies, and symphonies. Plus the collab work with Jon Brion. SOOOO much soul went into this album. Not to mention the live orchestra version of this CD........I think we found a winner guys. 

1. Late Registration
2. MBDTF
3. College Dropout
4. Graduation
5. 808s

it's like picking between super models though

Originally Posted by jhova718

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

kanye-murakami.jpg

Agreed
pimp.gif
Best album easily. No other comes close, production wise.

I'm goin with this. Replace Lil Wayne verse on Barry Bonds with Jay-Z and alot of ppl would change their mind

I just dont see how anybody can call Kanye's albums flawless tho. Dude always has at least one track that is not far from filler.

Back
Top Bottom