Kanye's Most Influential Album - The Most Influential Album in Hip Hop in recent years

An album about love, loneliness, and heartache. Personally, not even close to being my own favorite Kanye album. But there is no denying that this is his most influential album ever.

For better or for worse, today's era is the most emo, sensitive, inward looking emotional era there has ever been in rap. Let's face it, Drake is the #1 artist commercially in hip hop right now, and his whole thing is being vulnerable and honest with his emotions. This album gave birth to careers and paved the way/created a lane for the following artists, without 808's, it wouldn't be possible:

I personally would say The College Dropout was his most influential album but yeah although this album is towards the bottom of his catalogue this album did birth a lot of these current artist's style of music.

How many thread about this terrible album will be made?

Its by far his worst album.

But you like Drake's albums and it clearly influenced his sound.

This is one of the most influential albums over the last ten years. I like the album but I don't think it's as great as people say it is. I could do without a lot of the songs on it. It definitely influenced everyone in the OP and then some.

plenty of dudes will be popping this disk in when they miss out on the Red Octobers next Friday

College Dropout>

Made that soul sound come back and producers go into sampling heavy afterwards.
Made polo's more popular.
People started popping their collars up and wearing backpacks for no reason.
Everyone thought that Teddy Bear mascot was cool
Made people think they would be better off dropping out of college...since it worked for him

Definitely either this or College Dropout. CD made "regular guy" rap more popular than gangsta rap which was more popular at the time.

I think "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" is his most influential
nthat.gif
 Yes

808's came from Cudi. Not the other way around.
Definitely . . . Cudi influenced this album heavy, I think he helped write a lot of the songs.

Album is appreciated though and along with Graduation helped shape a lot of what rap sounds like now.

Back
Top Bottom