Karate vs Kung-fu (LMAO)

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Battousai701

that first video is clearly a japanese made video, so of course its gonna be biased. theres a long history of japa vs china.

2nd video... the boxers were fighting a bunch of white belt karate students who have no skills.

btw... muay thai > karate
Well the boxers weren't too high level either (that second one seemed to only have a couple of months of training).

Muay Thai is brutal, seen a couple of matches way back.
 Very hardcore man.
What is your opinion on Kung Fu?
Is it as practical as Karate?

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Japanese love fixing the fight to publicly make Chinese arts look useless and vice verse. Its a centuries old tradition.

Never knew this.
Why do they feud with each other?

Very bloody and bitter history.

Google Nanking Massacre.

behead.jpg

Originally Posted by Battousai701

that first video is clearly a japanese made video, so of course its gonna be biased. theres a long history of japa vs china.

2nd video... the boxers were fighting a bunch of white belt karate students who have no skills.

btw... muay thai > karate
Well the boxers weren't too high level either (that second one seemed to only have a couple of months of training).

Muay Thai is brutal, seen a couple of matches way back.
 Very hardcore man.
What is your opinion on Kung Fu?
Is it as practical as Karate?

Its all relative.

The Martial Arts is all mixed up today. Everything is pretty much a hybrid style that has developed to counter the strong points of other styles and to factor in the revolution of modern grappling.

As far as traditional kung fu vs traditional Karate. Kung Fu wins out by far imo. Much more developed and intricate fighting system compared to the rigid and heavy hitting traditional Karate system. Japanese had to ban the practice of Kung Fu during the Japanese occupations of China because their Karate was inferior at the time.

I prefer Karate over Kung Fu;  less wasted motion, and better range on attack.
The Karate fighter clearly knows what he's doing with relaxed hands which means faster hands on offense and defense.

No style is more superior than the next.
The only thing that matters is who connects first.

that kung fu cat was eating hits like breakfast though, you gotta give him that...

Muay thai is where its at. That boxer would have had both his legs broken trying that on someone who practices muay thai.

Japanese love fixing the fight to publicly make Chinese arts look useless and vice verse. Its a centuries old tradition.

Never knew this.

Google Nanking Massacre.

behead.jpg

During this period, hundreds of thousands of civilians were murdered and 20,000–80,000 women were raped
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Never knew this.

Google Nanking Massacre.

behead.jpg
A good book on the Nanking massacre is the The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang.  It's all about how Japan invaded china.  I read it, and it was pretty crazy.  They also had really graphic pictures in there that I could not stomach to look at.
Also, you could even look at that movie about Bruce Lee's master, Ip Man.  Has some crazy fighting scenes.  such as:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

(I'm using safari right now so I don't know how to embed this.  Safari FTL.  Firefox FTW.)

[/font]

I'm assuming dude in the red shorts is the Kung Fu guy.
The high kick at :26 was awesome.

oh and thanks for that info about the tension between Japan and China.
Nanking Massacre:
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bangtcg

karate and kung fu is a joke of a martial art. 

boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu. those are top teir, you are not here.

i completely agree with the first part.  but boxing?  boxing is a terrible strike art for a real fight.  muay thai or savete > boxing.  jiu jitsu, judo, and wrestling definately have their uses also.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma

Never knew this.

Google Nanking Massacre.

behead.jpg
A good book on the Nanking massacre is the The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang.  It's all about how Japan invaded china.  I read it, and it was pretty crazy.  They also had really graphic pictures in there that I could not stomach to look at.
Also, you could even look at that movie about Bruce Lee's master, Ip Man.  Has some crazy fighting scenes.  such as:

[/font]

(I'm using safari right now so I don't know how to embed this.  Safari FTL.  Firefox FTW.)

[/font]

that fight seen on that youtube video was nuts man im gonna go out and try and find this movie.

Back
Top Bottom