NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum will miss eight to 12 weeks after tearing the medial collateral ligament in hisright knee.

Bynum was hurt in the first quarter of Saturday night's win at Memphis. KobeBryant drove to the basket, missed the shot and crashed into Bynum's right leg. Bynum immediately grabbed his knee.

Bynum is the Lakers' third-leading scorer and second-leading rebounder, averaging 14.0 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks.

Lakers must be regretting that contract. They should have waited until the end of the year to resign him. If he thought he was going to get a better offersomewhere else, let him walk and make an offer to Milsap or Boozer. Bynum is fragile.

Please stop with this Karma %@*#...8 to 12 weeks is what they said last year...and then he missed the season. 12 weeks...that's 3 months. Meaning when andif he returns it'll already be playoff time.

Might be time to swing a deal for a 5 because without Bynum...they're basically last year's team and if they meet up with Boston again...that's notgoing to cut it. They need an imposing presence to anchor the middle.

ummm does anyone think the obvious will happen?

SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Amare or Bosh are going to LA now.
devil.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by JStar25

They need an imposing presence to anchor the middle.
They and almost ever other team in the league...

difference is...they already had a more than halfway decent one in Bynum. Just like last year...he was playing at an elite level before theinjury.

Lakers must be regretting that contract. They should have waited until the end of the year to resign him. If he thought he was going to get a better offer somewhere else, let him walk and make an offer to Milsap or Boozer. Bynum is fragile.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Stick to them college hoops bro. Hindsight is 20/20 with contracts and I, for one, thought Bynum was playing well enough to have deserved hiscontract, especially as the future of the franchise.

I never like to wish injury upon anyone but...damn...Cavs are looking good if Bynum even tries to come back for the playoffs, he won't be nearly asagile/effective as pre-injury.

Seriously, sorry to all the loyal/reasonable Laker fans too (you know who you are)...I was hoping for a Cavs-Lakers Finals with both teams at full strength,and I say that with sincerity.

As much as I dislike the guy, you never wanna see anyone get hurt.

Oh well, its a wrap for the Lakers.
laugh.gif

tough break for you guys, hopefully he'll be back come playoff time.

just never let him play against the grizzlies in late january ever again.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom