KD is killing the summer circuit. Vol. Rucker Park

If yall think its hype now, wait till playoffs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by show time 96

StaXX wrote:
Didn't KD and B-Easy grow up together? 

Yea that's why you always  see them around each other 

Durant told a story once about how the first time they met when they were 10 was when beas showed up ofr their travel team practice than at the end of the practiced bounced and stole the whole pizza the team had ordered.

I remember this
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

tomorrow will be kemba and jennings i'm hearing. i didn't go tonight. but people told me the game, demar, and brandon jennings showed up. fat joe showed up too. we should just make an official summer streetball thread. but it's kind of too late for that since it's already august
laugh.gif

hopefully jennings and kemba come tomorrow, that would be a sick matchup

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
im in there tomorrow too.. gonna try to get under the scoreboard again

You can deal with all that smoke from the food section?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Bill Simmons broke down the Rucker Park vid like it was the Zapruder film.

http://www.grantland.com/...-glorious-return-mailbag

yeah that whole part was corny....it felt forced and seemed as if he wrote what he should of said rather than what he wanted to say...
And what exactly do you think that is?
knowing and reading bill simmons i think he would have said that these guys should not be playing out there...should be looking at the bigger picture---i.e. getting paid hundreds of millions (contracts/endorsements) and risking it playing outdoor/street ball...

i think part of him describing that whole video and breaking it down sounded half-sarcastic and i am probably stretching it here but some-what racial...he basically stopped short of calling it a zoo (the playground) filled with a bunch of animals (the fans)...

i am probably reaching though...

and to be honest i just don't think white suburban/well off basketball fans/players/writers can appreciate the stuff that goes on in new york/chicago/la inner city playgrounds....its just a whole different environment---a different culture, one that they have never been apart of or really understand.

so for him to act like he knows what is going on and hyping it up in his column as if Kevin durant did something crazy just seemed really fake...

yes it is a racial/cultural thing, and no i am not black...

Much respect to Brandon Jennings and Kevin Durant for showing face at so many spots in the country. Nothing but love and respect for those dudes. They just love to hoop. I understand the knee preservation arguments but these dudes just want to hoop man. So again, much respect.

Originally Posted by givemedanumba

best view of the Beasley Mushgate from the Nike cameras starting at 7:50
roll.gif

He called Beas a B and got the face-palm, but found out it wasn't his own palm that hit his own face. Awesome.

yeah that whole part was corny....it felt forced and seemed as if he wrote what he should of said rather than what he wanted to say...
knowing and reading bill simmons i think he would have said that these guys should not be playing out there...should be looking at the bigger picture---i.e. getting paid hundreds of millions (contracts/endorsements) and risking it playing outdoor/street ball...

i think part of him describing that whole video and breaking it down sounded half-sarcastic and i am probably stretching it here but some-what racial...he basically stopped short of calling it a zoo (the playground) filled with a bunch of animals (the fans)...

and to be honest i just don't think white suburban/well off basketball fans/players/writers can appreciate the stuff that goes on in new york/chicago/la inner city playgrounds....its just a whole different environment---a different culture, one that they have never been apart of or really understand.

so for him to act like he knows what is going on and hyping it up in his column as if Kevin durant did something crazy just seemed really fake...

You're looking into it waaaaay too much. And you're giving zero credit to Simmons as a basketball junkie. You don't have to grow up in the inner city to understand the culture of basketball across all segments of society. For example, I didn't grow up playing basketball in Europe, but I understand the European game and grasp the culture of the sport. It's no different. Simmons was just poking fun at the characters in the video, and had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek the entire time. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be, especially turning it into a racial/cultural thing. Of course I would expect nothing less on NT.

Simmons was reaching deep in that post. Everytime he said colorize, I felt like it was forced. Basically saying there should be no white people in the clip.

What you're saying is that it's a black culture thing. I'm not disagreeing with you, or trying to call you out, but just go ahead and say it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Simmons was reaching deep in that post. Everytime he said colorize, I felt like it was forced. Basically saying there should be no white people in the clip.

Well, given the nature of Rucker... what's wrong with that?

People always joke about "the white boy" playing in an-all black game at a place like this, and automatically discredit him for trying to be part of something that's almost always completely comprised of African-Americans. So even if that is what Simmons is trying to say, what's wrong with that?

People always joke about "the white boy" playing in an-all black game at a place like this, and automatically discredit him for trying to be part of something that's almost always completely comprised of African-Americans. So even if that is what Simmons is trying to say, what's wrong with that?

he was talking about colorizing out the white fans, not players, but I get your point. I would love to see someone like Nash or another great white player come to Rucker and tear it up. You know that clip would lead SC for 3 days.

I'm black btw

he was talking about colorizing out the white fans, not players, but I get your point. I would love to see someone like Nash or another great white player come to Rucker and tear it up. You know that clip would lead SC for 3 days.

I'm black btw

There's only so many
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom