Keeping Carmines and Fire Red v's ICY

Originally Posted by Jumpman23shoeFan

I'm actually pretty disappointed... were most all carmines somewhat yellowed?

yeah. when i went to go check them out, they were already showing signs of yellowing at the store.

Originally Posted by Jumpman23shoeFan

I think I'm going to just replace paper with a garbage bag and put a dam rid in my closet and hope for the best. For the person who says DMP's won't increase, VI/XVI and XI/XII packs are already close to $500 ob ebay and such. Imagine DS packages even 3 years from now. I'm not gunna argue though, thats just my opinion.
those packs were going for more than 500 right after release date, but anyways are you just saving your shoes to make money later??.. shoes aredefinitely not a good investment. Believe me, enjoy your shoes.

i would say leave your shoes exactly the same way you bought them....no need to do anything extra to preserve them.....and why would anyone think about saranwrapping CDP shoes...DS is DS..its like people want their shoes beyond DS

Originally Posted by Marito

Just wear them dude icy soles on evey cdp shoe are bad quality some where already yellowed even if they where brand new .......... so basicly JB screwed everyone even u so there really aint much u can do.
Yup

damn thank god, I copped the DMP VI's instead. I rocks it 3-4 already and it's still icy.
pimp.gif

whenever i get home from wearing my V's i take a sponge n scrub the bottom n rise w water and good as new, the only problem is u cant where the shoes for along period of time cuz the dirty wood not be washable

all this is interesting, ill just sit back and learn, but I wear all mine thats the enjoyment

As already said, the best way is to keep them in a dark, climate controlled, dry, room (for the entire year, midsoles don't like temperature variations).
Remove the paper from inside the box, forget about silica packs, midsoles could become too dry because of them, don't ziplock or wrap them, wash them withsoap before stocking (true story, paint and glue emanations in a small environement, like a shoe box, accelerate the oxydation process).
One thing to keep in mind is that depending on the model, the clear soles will age differently, the infrareds can stay icy for at least a decade, the whitenavy or first olympics will get a little bit yellow in the same condition, DMPs get yellow even faster, and the carmines ... well the carmines are pre yellowedso ...
Good luck, if you need pics, let me know.

PS : Another thing, all the VIs I actually wear have better clear soles compared to my DSs, as long as I wash them after each wear.

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

^^^ why would u dig this garbage up
???? WELCOME TO NT

Gravedigging is the new way of raising your post count without looking like you're post whoring.

Back
Top Bottom