Kelis Appreciation**

Quote:
Way to ruin the appreciation party...
:lol:
laugh.gif
TeaM
GEORGIA SOLE
Stayin ahead of the rest Member #22- .oO Seeko Oo.
Fayette County​

she's one of the only r&b acts i check for ALL the time...i love this chick

that being said, the Kelis Was Here intro...ugggghhhh :x
sick.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

Young, Fresh nd New
I hate you so much right now

...word to Kelis..hands down, my favorite female artist thus far. She don't get the credit she deserve like Lupe nd another handfull of artist...smh

Young Easy wrote:
one of the coldest joints ever.

6-MILE, HIGHLAND PARK, DEXTER, BELL ISLE, PURITAIN, FENKELL, SCHOOL CRAFT, 7-MILE, WARREN, SNOWDEN, PONTIAC, LINWOOD, JOY ROAD WHAT UP DOE!...

Indeed. I love that song,�the bass in it is rediculous and the melody,
pimp.gif
. It�also makes me appreciate the�Nightmare Before Christmas a lot more.lol

��

Still love her...but somewhere something went wrong.

Mars
Get Along With You
Sugar Honey Iced Tea
Milkshake (Remix) Verse
Young Fresh And New
Adlibs on Baby Doll

WOW at almost a year old
laugh.gif

You know.......the Kelis Was Here album ain't THAT BAD

She got some nice joints from Bangladesh (I liked that bump on the beat for "Handful" feat Nas)
and the joint with Cee-Lo..."there is nothing special about me..."

tho she def need to work with The Neptunes to bring out her best

"Goodbyes" was the best song on Kelis Was Here.
Even though Cool N' Dre bit The Neps on the joint, it was still hella smooth.

"....don't ask me bout the loud screamin' chick with the hair..."

laugh.gif
at 50 saying on an interview she smelled like she had just got done playing full court basketball

Aaaaaahhhh. Allow me to take a moment to reminsce......

I was a young assitant in the promo dept. at Virgin Records. Kelis had just dropped the single "Caught Out There". BTW, her and her manager woulddrive me crazy on the regular with travel BS. Rob Walker. Same manager for a then less known Neptunes.

So we had staff meetings in Colorado. She was there to meet the whole staff. We'd already met a couple of times because I was in NY and she'd beenthrough the office.

During the staff meetings, we all went to go see Fatboy Slim and Chemical Brothers at Red Rocks. Both were on Astralwerks, distributed by Virgin.

So we get on the bus. I'm sitting by the window with an empty seat next to me. She rolls up. "Is anyone sitting here"?

So she sits down. We kick it for a minute. She seems to like the way I talk (equal parts Harvard + Hood). We start talking about Tattoo's (I have none).She shows me some of here.

GULP. I believe she has a tattoo of some orchids on the side of her torso. In order to show me, she had to pull her shirt up and the whole 9.

I know it don't sound like much, but the %+%@ was FAN TASTIC!

Story don't go much further. We kicked it for a bit at the show. But it was all business that trip. I'm not even goona front like a I had a real shot.But it was fun while it lasted!

Just thought I'd share.....

Originally Posted by seeko7

Kelis is the @#%$. I just started listening to Wanderland and decided to search her name in the music forum. Been a long time fan. She's much appreciate.
TeaM

GEORGIA SOLE
Fayette County

Crazy, cuz I swear, this is exactly how I found this post again.
smokin.gif
Only this time, I found a ton of posts about the drama with her and NaS
tired.gif

And with that said...

Originally Posted by seeko7

Quote:
Way to ruin the appreciation party...

Word!!
" src="http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif"> I heard this on the radio today. That sucks. The US isnt ready for her style. She's ahead of em. She got a different kind of sexy too.. They not ready. Her and Amerie are on another level as far as I'm concerned...
TeaM

GEORGIA SOLE
Fayette County

Hmmm....

And...

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
seeko7[/td][td]Re: Kelis Appreciation**[/td][td]#25 [/td][td]http://[URL="http://[/color]"] [/color][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://seeko7.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

10/29/07 11:54 PM

Banned User
[/td][/tr]
[/url][/table]

Back
Top Bottom