Kevin Durant just finished the month of January shooting 50% from the field and 52.3% from 3...

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I just like that he doesn't dominate the ball to get his points like most scorers, nor does he "chase." I mean, he certainly can bring the ball up the court, 1-4 iso, pound the ball 10 times and take his man off the dribble, in the post, or whatever he wants to do but for the most part Brooks has him scoring on quick hitting type plays. Like the most common and successful one is just a basic play where he starts to post up, Nenad or Collison or Ibaka are at the elbow (where you have to respect them because all 3 will knock that down), then he curls off and gets an elbow to 17ft jumper off that pick. Easy money, quick. Then he'll get an offensive rebound and go right back up, or get a kickout pass off of a broken play.

Looking at the Thunder's contract situation too, it's very promising but none of the young core guys (KD, Jeff, Russell, James, Thabo) are ending soon and in fact we have team options on Harden, Westbrook, Maynor, and Serge through the 2012 season. So we will, at some point, be able to resign all of our guys provided they don't get big headed and still possibly bring in a big name free agent.
The thing to worry about is whether Durant will want to stay in the smallest market in the league.

laugh.gif
r0yalty wrote:

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Durant is the second best player in the league behind King James
kobe-bryant.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at Kobe pic.
He has 0 championships so he sucks.  
grin.gif

I'm shocked that hasn't been said yet...only about Bron I guess..

Durant 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Don't know about top 5 in L, but he's still the man

you put up 25+ in 21 straight games on a team that is doing a decent job at winning games, you're starting to enter that territory.

Durant does work... He's easily Top 10 in the league right now.

I'd really like to see him with another star player to boost some W's so his performances could be appreciated.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I just like that he doesn't dominate the ball to get his points like most scorers, nor does he "chase." I mean, he certainly can bring the ball up the court, 1-4 iso, pound the ball 10 times and take his man off the dribble, in the post, or whatever he wants to do but for the most part Brooks has him scoring on quick hitting type plays. Like the most common and successful one is just a basic play where he starts to post up, Nenad or Collison or Ibaka are at the elbow (where you have to respect them because all 3 will knock that down), then he curls off and gets an elbow to 17ft jumper off that pick. Easy money, quick. Then he'll get an offensive rebound and go right back up, or get a kickout pass off of a broken play.

Looking at the Thunder's contract situation too, it's very promising but none of the young core guys (KD, Jeff, Russell, James, Thabo) are ending soon and in fact we have team options on Harden, Westbrook, Maynor, and Serge through the 2012 season. So we will, at some point, be able to resign all of our guys provided they don't get big headed and still possibly bring in a big name free agent.
The thing to worry about is whether Durant will want to stay in the smallest market in the league.

He really doesn't care about markets and %$+% like that. He's a reserve kind of dude. He doesn't too much going out and partying, etc. Not really the type to get jaded by bright lights and a big city. I don't think he'll have a problem staying in OKC at all. They treat him like a king out there.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

He really doesn't care about markets and %#%% like that. He's a reserve kind of day. He doesn't too much going out and partying, etc. Not really the type to get jaded by bright lights and a big city. I don't think he'll have a problem staying in OKC at all. They treat him like a king out there.

Yea he seems really down to Earth. He always says the right things in interviews praising everybody else before himself and all of that, but really actually seems to mean it. Also, his shoe is "only" 84.99 because he didn't want to have a shoe that wa 150+ like other superstars where kids couldn't afford it and even at worse might resort to crime and things to get them. In fact, when he first signed with Nike that was the holdup. IIRC, he wanted them to make his shoe like 39

Plus, most of the people who talk *@!+ about "small markets" have never even been there. Besides the fact this dude shops at JcPenney's, it's not like he couldn't find most of whatever activities he was looking for right there in Bricktown; some great museums (Black Wall Street for example),  restaurants, and lounges. Then, there's the much better cost of living and lower crime rate a "small market" offers.

We're still selling out the arena on most nights, and after his all star debut here in a few weeks (I got tickets btw, holla @ me) and winning H.O.R.S.E again, and hopefully his first playoff berth, his star will continue to grow and games will be on nationally and America will know his name.

The consolation prize in DC not having any shot in landing Durant as a FA, is landing Beasley
laugh.gif
Which would be a disaster of epic proportions....

man i watched every game he played in when he was in seattle and i wouldn't believe he'd put up these type of numbers in just 2 years..

his shot selection has improved and he's added some bulk to his skinny frame, not to mention his pull-up J is all water
pimp.gif
. how does he weigh the same as melo though? melo looks way stockier than durant.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

I continue to despise Clay Bennet for taking the Sonics and THIS kid from us...I remember him hitting a buzzer beater during his rookie season and screaming "I LIVE FOR THIS!"
ure not the only one. 

KD will get even better and the Thunder will keep improving----then the OP will find a way to hate both
laugh.gif

KD is a beast. He's reached the stage of getting any shot he wants so his numbers are up across the board. His floor game will continue to improve then we're talking perennial all-nba first teamer
pimp.gif

KD is a beast... I'm slightly surprised that he is that much better than Beasley as a pro.

I knew he would put up these kinda numbers when i saw him play in college, but not THIS fast

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

Amazing what he does at 6'9''

And he doesn't force anything to score like he does.

pimp.gif

I may be wrong but isn't he more like 6"10', 6"11'?

They been running with 6'9 since his rookie year. I last seen him @ the Wizards game and he had a good 2 inches on Jeff Green who is 6'8/9.

KD is damn near 7 ft don't believe roster stats, everybody lies on them joints
laugh.gif

they used to have ai at like 6-6'1"

i've seen him a couple times and i swear he's like 5'10"

Back
Top Bottom