Kevin Durant's Streak of 27 Games w/ 25+ Points Comes to an End Tonight...

Originally Posted by Ryda421

if I had a team, I would definitely prefer this guy over queen james
pimp.gif

Did you not see what James did to him last time they met?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

He's scored 25+ in 49 of 54 games this season. Who's really surprised at this streak?

The difference between he, LeBron, Kobe and Wade is that he's not much of a distributor. 20 shots and 10 free throws a game is going to get you 25 points most nights.
He is also 21...and Wade isn't much of a distributor either, he gets Ivo assists and KD doesn't dominate the ball at all times like he does.
Wade isn't a distributor? Huh?
KD doesn't dominate the ball?
laugh.gif

He's scored 25+ in 49 of 54 games this season. Who's really surprised at this streak?

The difference between he, LeBron, Kobe and Wade is that he's not much of a distributor. 20 shots and 10 free throws a game is going to get you 25 points most nights.
He is also 21...and Wade isn't much of a distributor either, he gets Ivo assists and KD doesn't dominate the ball at all times like he does.

your being sarcastic right?

pimp.gif
Normally i would say something like"
indifferent.gif
" but based on Thunders record, without him, their like the Nets
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

pimp.gif

Did you not see what James did to him last time they met?

smh.gif
KD other than being more offensively skilled James beats KD in every other category.

pimp.gif
Idk about that dude..

Lebron
PPG - 29.9
RPG - 7.1
APG - 8.4
SPG - 1.6
BPG - 1.0
FG% - .504
FT% - 774
3P% - .353
MPG - 38.9

Durant
PPG - 29.8
RPG - 7.5
APG - 2.9
SPG - 1.4
BPG - 0.9
FG% - .479
FT% - .878
3P% - .376
MPG - 40

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Wade isn't a distributor? Huh?
KD doesn't dominate the ball?
laugh.gif
Wade gets assists but so did Ivo...Wade isn't looking to distribute, he is the one who brings the ball up the court.  There is a reason his team has been playing well (especiall Beas) since he has been injured...And while Kd dominates the ball he doesn't stand around dribbling for a while.  You won't see him with the rock for more than 7-8 seconds all the time like you do with a lot of these other cats.

Originally Posted by RoOk

pimp.gif
Normally i would say something like"
indifferent.gif
" but based on Thunders record, without him, their like the Nets
sick.gif
I like Durant soooooo much more than !$@++$$ Bron but...

OKC minus Durant >> Cavs minus Lebron...

than again OKC plays in the West so you can pretty much call it even, theyd both suck
laugh.gif

I have to go with AMP on this for the most part.

Durant doesn't necessarily dominate the ball. He gets the ball in positions where he can score and he shoots. He's assisted on most of his points rather than him isolating and creating for others. He scores in almost a completely different way than guys like Tmac use to do, Wade, Lebron, etc. If you watch the games, its easy to see that he comes off screens, spots up, etc. I'm not saying he doesn't dominate the ball at all, but he doesn't do it in the likes of those guys I mentioned.

I'm not taking him over Lebron either.
laugh.gif
He's good, but not that good.

I hate they gave Durant the name "The Tarantula"
roll.gif

On another note, Russy almost with a triple-double two nights in the row... if he ever gets a jumper it's a wrap

Had a jumper last night
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

pimp.gif
Idk about that dude..

Lebron
PPG - 29.9
RPG - 7.1
APG - 8.4
SPG - 1.6
BPG - 1.0
FG% - .504
FT% - 774
3P% - .353
MPG - 38.9

Durant
PPG - 29.8
RPG - 7.5
APG - 2.9
SPG - 1.4
BPG - 0.9
FG% - .479
FT% - .878
3P% - .376
MPG - 40
other than assists...everything else is close

but still tho..bron > durant....its gonna be durants league in like 6 years..what is he? 21?

The assists stats are the most skewed stat anyway because of the system they play in. As Charles would say, it's Michael and a bunch of Titos in Cleveland. Durant has a strong squad around him with a guard who can create.

pimp.gif
Idk about that dude..

Lebron
PPG - 29.9
RPG - 7.1
APG - 8.4
SPG - 1.6
BPG - 1.0
FG% - .504
FT% - 774
3P% - .353
MPG - 38.9

Durant
PPG - 29.8
RPG - 7.5
APG - 2.9
SPG - 1.4
BPG - 0.9
FG% - .479
FT% - .878
3P% - .376
MPG - 40
eek.gif
wow the stats are pretty close, except for the assists part. I thought LeBron would have a lot more blocks and rebounds.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I have to go with AMP on this for the most part.

Durant doesn't necessarily dominate the ball. He gets the ball in positions where he can score and he shoots. He's assisted on most of his points rather than him isolating and creating for others. He scores in almost a completely different way than guys like Tmac use to do, Wade, Lebron, etc. If you watch the games, its easy to see that he comes off screens, spots up, etc. I'm not saying he doesn't dominate the ball at all, but he doesn't do it in the likes of those guys I mentioned.

I'm not taking him over Lebron either.
laugh.gif
He's good, but not that good.

I hate they gave Durant the name "The Tarantula"
roll.gif
It's Durantula.  And he is
pimp.gif

I can't believe this thread took such a ******ed turn.

Durant is great for what his team needs him to do.

Lebron is on another level altogether.

They're both superstars and let's leave it at that.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

pimp.gif
Idk about that dude..

Lebron
PPG - 29.9
RPG - 7.1
APG - 8.4
SPG - 1.6
BPG - 1.0
FG% - .504
FT% - 774
3P% - .353
MPG - 38.9

Durant
PPG - 29.8
RPG - 7.5
APG - 2.9
SPG - 1.4
BPG - 0.9
FG% - .479
FT% - .878
3P% - .376
MPG - 40

but still tho..bron > durant....its gonna be durants league in like 6 years..what is he? 21?
eek.gif

Uh what? Nothing is close Kevin Plays more minutes at on a faster tempo team thus his stats are inflated.

Lebron has a better rebound rate, his a assist rate is almost double Kevin's, turns the ball over less, more, steals blocks, MORE EVERYTHING.
laugh.gif

Kevin Durant can have all the offensive skill in the world but he is a less efficient offensive player than Lebron James. Period.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

pimp.gif
Idk about that dude..

Lebron
PPG - 29.9
RPG - 7.1
APG - 8.4
SPG - 1.6
BPG - 1.0
FG% - .504
FT% - 774
3P% - .353
MPG - 38.9

Durant
PPG - 29.8
RPG - 7.5
APG - 2.9
SPG - 1.4
BPG - 0.9
FG% - .479
FT% - .878
3P% - .376
MPG - 40

eek.gif

Uh what? Nothing is close Kevin Plays more minutes at on a faster tempo team thus his stats are inflated.

Lebron has a better rebound rate, his a assist rate is almost double Kevin's, turns the ball over less, more, steals blocks, MORE EVERYTHING.
laugh.gif

Kevin Durant can have all the offensive skill in the world but he is a less efficient offensive player than Lebron James. Period.
KD is actually averaging more rebounds and LeBron is hardly averaging more steals and blocks...

Just sayin.

I figured it wouldn't be long till that debate came up.

Not close and dont try to make it out to be.

Yeah, their stats are pretty similar until you look at the assists where LeBron doesn't just average twice, but nearly three times as many. You'd think that a difference that was as significant as this would prevent people to list their stats next to each other. I love Durant, but come on, man. He's mainly a scorer, perhaps the best in the league. Compare him to Carmelo.

His 25-point streak is impressive. I'll take a consistent 25-35 scorer over some guy who may give you 50 one night, but 12 the next any day of the week.

It's scary to think how good Durant would be if he went to Burger King every once in a while.. Preventing serious injury/lockout, people shouldn't underestimate this guy's chances at breaking Kareem's record.

Durant isn't going to gain any weight. Its just not in his body type to get muscular. At least I don't think so.

The way I see it, would you say Carmelo is better than Lebron at this point in time? No. So, why say Durant is better than him?

Its hard to tell what kinda player he's going to be, but he looks to be more of a pure scorer than anything. Like someone said, he's good for what his team has him doing. Is he the type of player that you can put on any team in the league and he will make them title contenders? No. Lebron is. He might end up being that guy 5-6 years from now, but you never know.

you guys have no idea how bad KD's greatness stings us NBA fans in Seattle... every point he scores is like more salt on the wound left by our team being ripped away.

KD would have been the greatest Sonic of all time...

pimp.gif
Idk about that dude..

Lebron
PPG - 29.9
RPG - 7.1
APG - 8.4
SPG - 1.6
BPG - 1.0
FG% - .504
FT% - 774
3P% - .353
MPG - 38.9

Durant
PPG - 29.8
RPG - 7.5
APG - 2.9
SPG - 1.4
BPG - 0.9
FG% - .479
FT% - .878
3P% - .376
MPG - 40

BRON relies on his athleticism too much.. his shot has always been questionable (last nights game, perfect example).. KD's shot, however, is 
pimp.gif
 butter. 

Back
Top Bottom