Khalli Vegas Shoe Collection/Vintage Heat, Class is in session..........

Dude has almost every wack sneaker imaginable from back in the day. Ain't no joints worthy of video time in there.

Originally Posted by truniversal

Dude has almost every wack sneaker imaginable from back in the day. Ain't no joints worthy of video time in there.

smh@ your ignorance. alot of these models were really big deals back in the day, especially the Ewings. And Will Smith shouted out Le Coq Sportif in the song "Girls Aint Nothing But Trouble"

Originally Posted by sthebest

smh@ your ignorance. alot of these models were really big deals back in the day, especially the Ewings. And Will Smith shouted out Le Coq Sportif in the song "Girls Aint Nothing But Trouble"
Perhaps it was different in your area (I'm from Cali), but none of those joints mattered back in the day. Ewings and Magics were viewed as a "nice try" sneaker (even with Gangstarr pushing them on the cover of "Step In The Arena" and in the "Just To Get A Rep" Video).

Le Coq Sportif was more about sweatsuits and sweaters, their sneakers were wack. Fresh Prince and LL both gave them love (no pun intended).

Diadora was weak. Lottos had limited appeal (first time I saw interchangeable logos). Etonic had weak styles and a name that sounded more like a drink than a brand. LA Gears was mostly for women and Stevie B lookin' body builders. Dudes was rockin' the LA Gear Boots heavy though.

Avia was a dope brand, but the ones in the clip ain't nothing to talk about. De La is the only group I remember who had Avias in their video. Mutumbos was wack! Especially with that commercial where he says something like; "Man No Fly Over Mutumbo". Nonsense. Raekwon couldn't even make them dope on the first Wu cover.

Spaldings and Brooks was KMART. Enough said.    

Perhaps it was different in your area (I'm from Cali), but none of those joints mattered back in the day. Ewings and Magics were viewed as a "nice try" sneaker (even with Gangstarr pushing them on the cover of "Step In The Arena" and in the "Just To Get A Rep" Video).

Le Coq Sportif was more about sweatsuits and sweaters, their sneakers were wack. Fresh Prince and LL both gave them love (no pun intended).

Diadora was weak. Lottos had limited appeal (first time I saw interchangeable logos). Etonic had weak styles and a name that sounded more like a drink than a brand. LA Gears was mostly for women and Stevie B lookin' body builders. Dudes was rockin' the LA Gear Boots heavy though.

Avia was a dope brand, but the ones in the clip ain't nothing to talk about. De La is the only group I remember who had Avias in their video. Mutumbos was wack! Especially with that commercial where he says something like; "Man No Fly Over Mutumbo". Nonsense. Raekwon couldn't even make them dope on the first Wu cover.

Spaldings and Brooks was KMART. Enough said.    

Meh..different strokes for different folks. Here in the Chicago area, it was primarily about Jordans in the 80's and 90's. But I always did like those Mutumbos. And I did have some LA Gears and Ewings back in elementary school.

The sneaker game was much more diverse back then, even though the lesser known brands bit hard off of popular Nike models.

Meh..different strokes for different folks. Here in the Chicago area, it was primarily about Jordans in the 80's and 90's. But I always did like those Mutumbos. And I did have some LA Gears and Ewings back in elementary school.

The sneaker game was much more diverse back then, even though the lesser known brands bit hard off of popular Nike models.

There it is. Nike Force and Jordan models had the 80s and 90s on lock. Out here in Cali there were a few other brands that had a significant presence. Adidas, Saucony, Spot Bilt, Fila, Travel Fox, Reebok Pumps and BlackTops, KSWISS, and New Balance all got rocked and repped. Anything different out in Chicago during the period? 

There it is. Nike Force and Jordan models had the 80s and 90s on lock. Out here in Cali there were a few other brands that had a significant presence. Adidas, Saucony, Spot Bilt, Fila, Travel Fox, Reebok Pumps and BlackTops, KSWISS, and New Balance all got rocked and repped. Anything different out in Chicago during the period? 
dont forget elesse (sp?)

but I pretty much agree...in cali none of those shoes were hot back in the day with exception of the, Catapaults,  Ewings for a short time...esp when Kris Kross first came out, and maybe a couple others.

Originally Posted by s dubl

dont forget elesse (sp?)

but I pretty much agree...in cali none of those shoes were hot back in the day with exception of the, Catapaults,  Ewings for a short time...esp when Kris Kross first came out, and maybe a couple others.
Ellesse were a favorite among the ladies. Didn't see many dudes rockin' them. Also, Guess had a canvas desert boot that was dope on females at the time too.

Originally Posted by s dubl

dont forget elesse (sp?)

Ellesse were a favorite among the ladies. Didn't see many dudes rockin' them. Also, Guess had a canvas desert boot that was dope on females at the time too.
Where Im from dudes were on Ellesses pretty hard in the late 80s early 90s.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Coming up in the 90s it was all about nike jordan reebok pumps and filas, atleast here in cen cal.

Coming up in the 90s it was all about nike jordan reebok pumps and filas, atleast here in cen cal.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

First off, this is NOT my collection. My OG heads will appreciate this more. (I know you are going to like this Holler Mcdollar)
a name drop?  i feel honored!

that second pair of mutombos is CRAZY difficult to find.  dude has a ridiculous collection of the more underappreciated stuff.  a lot of people (including myself) tend to focus on nike/reebok but there really were some great sneakers coming out after companies realized nike basketball was caking in the late '80s.  some of the stuff he had i haven't seen in at least 15 years.  really taking me back.  brooks high tops?  hakeem etonics AND spaldings?  wow.

great vid, thanks

Back
Top Bottom