[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

Still need to listen again but a lot of tracks are hit and miss.

Truthfully it seems Cudi is gonna change like it or not. He got trashed for Indicud and came out weirder. He announced MOTM3 damn near two years in advance and when the year was upon us buddy said hol' up lemme give you some experimental project instead and keep what y'all waiting for in MIA.

Hopefully we can at least still get a Indicud type Cudi.

The problem isn't so much that he's changing and trying different things, but he insists on doing it himself.

In his mind, I don't think the MOTM series is really tied to a specific sound. He had a Twitter rant talking about his sound evolving, so it doesn't sound like a deal where he's experimenting but will return to his "main" sound for a true MOTM3. It sounds more like he's not interested in making what we consider his "main" or old sound.

My hope is that he enlists some real producers or musicians for his next project, whatever it's called and whichever style it's in.

I don't hold MOTM as a specific sound either, just a specific quality. He's not realizing that ppl want that because it's good.

Even though he's an average at best producer, he could make some decent beats. It's almost the same thing with Tyler where they could make better beats if they used what other ppl use. The need to say I used natural instruments and whatnot really messes it up. If he could get a good drum pattern down he'd be good money.

I might be the only who thinks he could produce for other artists, RZA sounded great on Beez, Rocky shoulda had that Brothers beat to himself, and Haim sounded good on Red Eye.

I do think he'll be back to using synths and keyboards, so hopefully things can be back to Inicud/Sattelite Flight levels after this. Personally I think that's still subpar but at least a decent amount of people like it.

He had another tweet that said MOTM3 was just a name, or something to that effect. He could've named Inicud or Speedin Bullet MOTM3 if he wanted because they were major entries to his catalog.

Pretty hyped for his ny show... Checked the kidcudi hashtag on IG and he was playing a lot of old songs [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Pretty hyped for his ny show... Checked the kidcudi hashtag on IG and he was playing a lot of old songs [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Just did the IG search. Got me excited about the concert. I still have to get some tickets though.
LA Peeps
Is the observatory a better venue than the Hollywood Palladium?

Got a ticket to the show in SF on 2/26, but it's not looking like I can go anymore. Dang, and I really wanted to see Cudi for the first time too :/

Wish I could go...if he had a show down here lol

Seems like he plays a lot of oldies too...mix of old and new...

He's even doing a meet and greet...so dope

Cudi just did a TED on himself in his high school but even that was so bland and got nothing out of it that i don't even want to post it here.
mean.gif
haha watched it was not impressed. It was all over the place (not surprised). Just rambled about his life
It wasn't that bad 
ohwell.gif

I don't hold MOTM as a specific sound either, just a specific quality. He's not realizing that ppl want that because it's good.

Even though he's an average at best producer, he could make some decent beats. It's almost the same thing with Tyler where they could make better beats if they used what other ppl use. The need to say I used natural instruments and whatnot really messes it up. If he could get a good drum pattern down he'd be good money.

I might be the only who thinks he could produce for other artists, RZA sounded great on Beez, Rocky shoulda had that Brothers beat to himself, and Haim sounded good on Red Eye
I feel Indicud is right behind MOTM2 when it comes to his best music, MOTM2 being number one. 

Last edited:

Cudi just did a TED on himself in his high school but even that was so bland and got nothing out of it that i don't even want to post it here.
mean.gif
haha watched it was not impressed. It was all over the place (not surprised). Just rambled about his life
It wasn't that bad 
ohwell.gif

I might be the only who thinks he could produce for other artists, RZA sounded great on Beez, Rocky shoulda had that Brothers beat to himself, and Haim sounded good on Red Eye
I feel Indicud is right behind MOTM2 when it comes to his best music, MOTM2 being number one. 
MOTM 1 third? 
eek.gif

My girl is a Cudi fan gave this latest one a listen. Sounded like a smashing pumpkins album wasn't feelin it.

MOTM 1 third? 
eek.gif
Yeah
glasses.gif
 I listened to it again a coulple days ago after ages, and it's clearly not better than 2. Indicud is waaaay better than what it gets credit for. MOTM 1 is good, but it just doesn't stand the test of time as well as those other two. I noticed nobody mentioned WZRD tho. Minus like two songs I thought that was pretty good to. SBTH has grown on me I can't even front. Honestly I listen to it like once a day

Lol I may be the only person on here who really has enjoyed SBTH. A lot of great songs on here.

i love sb2h too i just have to be in the right mood to play the album

Just did the IG search. Got me excited about the concert. I still have to get some tickets though.
LA Peeps
Is the observatory a better venue than the Hollywood Palladium?

seeing him on the 22nd at palladium cant wait

ive been to the obseravtory but never palladium

Last edited:
Palladium > Observatory

But both good venues. I wish I was going :frown:

1st time Cudi has toured LA that I have missed (minus the Rock the Bells dates)

Back
Top Bottom