Kids collecting J's

Im 13 years old and love J's. Do you guys have any advise for a kid my age?
Im just starting to collection and hope that my collection can be as big as some of yours. I would rather not have any jordans or Nike's then rock a pairof fakes

Help me out

First post by the way

i started alittle earlier than that age and my advise no fakes , no fusions and keep up on info and before any major pick up on ebay do research ! for anypicks up you look to cop from 2004 and lower heres a site called air-jordans.com remember it , it will be your friend and get you out of many situations withfakes/ebay and in copping older jordans meaning ogs and 1999-2004 retros allways check inside tag and be careful and remember no fusions and your all set andgood luck in getting up your collection and remember buy what you like not whats hype - peace

ps - jw how many kicks you got so far ?

Originally Posted by Rick2345

i started alittle earlier than that age and my advise no fakes , no fusions and keep up on info and before any major pick up on ebay do research ! for any picks up you look to cop from 2004 and lower heres a site called air-jordans.com remember it , it will be your friend and get you out of many situations with fakes/ebay and in copping older jordans meaning ogs and 1999-2004 retros allways check inside tag and be careful and remember no fusions and your all set and good luck in getting up your collection and remember buy what you like not whats hype - peace

Good good advice! Also, research is important when using your own money so that you don't invest in something you end up not liking - while a new releasecatches your eye and you can't cop it. Definitely happened to me a few times.

Might I also suggest buying from NT'ers before you start buying new stuff? Having older and partially beat J's gives you an appreciation for the newones, plus restoration/cleaning projects add a fun dimension to collection
glasses.gif

jup. i'm wait about 14? yea and got about 6 pairs had 7 but i sell some to get more. i started about a
year ago and been doing this with my own money so it's been going good.

EDIT : OP, how many pairs you got and what size you wear?

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Remember, it's quality over quantity. Not the the other way around.

Yea exactly, I know someone who's spent around 3k on shoes and has around 40 pairs, but a majority of them are total trash.

And people agree with me at school, so its not just me.

Only buy what you want and not just because of the hype. You will go broke quickly. Also as stated above, buy OG's. The QUALITY is better than QUANTITY.Buying every or whatever Retro comes out can be addictive. Do extensive research. Doing your homework will keep you out of buying, selling, or trading fakes.Air-Jordans.com gives you pics, release dates, and details on every OG's to Retros.

Oh yeah, wear your shoes. Keeping them DS can go against you later.

first of all...DONT @!%* WITH FAKES OR FUSIONS!!

then i would say don't ball in retro Jordans 1-23. ball in team jordans.

as in collecting. your foot is gonna keep growing obviously so i wud suggest getting Jordans a size bigger so when ur foot does grow you'll be good. stayposted with original websites such as theshoegame.com , kicksonfire.com.... and go by what yew like not because errrbody else getting them.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Remember, it's quality over quantity. Not the the other way around.
word ^
and get a job, do research....
most importantly, buy what YOU like....

Originally Posted by BrockBo

Im 13 years old and love J's. Do you guys have any advise for a kid my age?
Im just starting to collection and hope that my collection can be as big as some of yours. I would rather not have any jordans or Nike's then rock a pair of fakes

Help me out

First post by the way

Stay in school.

JK but yeah stay away from fakes, but other than that just buy what you like. Dont fall into the hype.

Originally Posted by SiZe14OnLy

Originally Posted by Rick2345

i started alittle earlier than that age and my advise no fakes , no fusions and keep up on info and before any major pick up on ebay do research ! for any picks up you look to cop from 2004 and lower heres a site called air-jordans.com remember it , it will be your friend and get you out of many situations with fakes/ebay and in copping older jordans meaning ogs and 1999-2004 retros allways check inside tag and be careful and remember no fusions and your all set and good luck in getting up your collection and remember buy what you like not whats hype - peace

Good good advice! Also, research is important when using your own money so that you don't invest in something you end up not liking - while a new release catches your eye and you can't cop it. Definitely happened to me a few times.

Might I also suggest buying from NT'ers before you start buying new stuff? Having older and partially beat J's gives you an appreciation for the new ones, plus restoration/cleaning projects add a fun dimension to collection
glasses.gif

good point buying from nt first is a good idea , so are restorations especially once your done its very rewarding trust me hard work and good research will getyou far and quality over quantity is the best policy

Don't get lulled into hype or fusions...
stay away from fakes, and learn to be able to recognize fakes easily.
This will help you when you buy from eBay, because 70% of the J's on there are fake.

Also, don't overspend. Know what you should be paying before you drop more than you have to.
I had a friend who paid 2 bills for some 06 Fire Reds, and i picked up the same shoe for 120$.

NT is probably the best place to make purchases. All the shoes sold here are legit and you can find good prices...

Good luck collecting!

i started at that age to, well one thing is that you should wear what you like, dont just buy kicks because everyone else is wearing them, yeah you should buya size up so you can still wear them
- Good luck man
smokin.gif

Oh and yeah say NO TO FAKES
sick.gif

i started around at 12 years old and am still into em. Dont mess wit fakes or fusions they not worth it

I am 15 and have actually been collecting for a little bit now. I have all my shoes since i was little. for example.. My first pair of forces, and somegreen and white 4's. Since my feet grew so fast, most of them are actually in pretty good shape.

I'm 16 and Got somewhat around 25-30 pairs. Most of them I buy ffrom here cause they got some good prices

You guys are giving this kid horrible advise.

Just remember two things: Buy what you like and never buy fakes. If you like fusions, buy fusions.

buy what you like..dont keep your kicks ds for years
just do you

im about to turn 16 btw
i collect more than jordans
but jordans are app.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

You guys are giving this kid horrible advise.

Just remember two things: Buy what you like and never buy fakes. If you like fusions, buy fusions.
Seriously.

Let the kid buy what he likes, if he likes fusions, then let him.

And when buying on NT and ISS, always be careful. Buy from known sellers because you could get scammed.

Other then that just buy what you like and don't be a follower.

Back
Top Bottom