eek.gif
eek.gif

Rick Flair been on repeat
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I enjoyed the album a lot, but like most of his albums, they're heavy in the front and fall-off towards the back end. I wish he'd work with Smiff 'n Cash more. I absolutely love most of the beats they've done for him.

I enjoyed the album a lot, but like most of his albums, they're heavy in the front and fall-off towards the back end. I wish he'd work with Smiff 'n Cash more. I absolutely love most of the beats they've done for him.

Originally Posted by APH

I enjoyed the album a lot, but like most of his albums, they're heavy in the front and fall-off towards the back end. 

Yeah, I would agree with this, somewhat. But I don't think the fall off is as drastic as it has been in the past. 
I mean, American Dream is near the end and that !%+% is as strong as anything he's done...

This album is bangs so much. Only song I'm not feeling is the !%+% with the animal noises. Everything else is a go. I even like the girl joints.

It seems he really tried to make a well rounded album here--political rap  (That's Life), inspirational (Follow Your Dreams), banger (Ready, Set, Go), Trap !%+% (song with Jeezy), introspective (So Glorious), braggadocio (Ric Flair)...y'all get the point.

And let me also say this: It's criminal how little this album is being talked about. Not in the streets of NY (not-surprising) or the Internet world (surprising). I mean, the major blogs barley mentioned it. I tried finding reviews and I could only find one. Hell, this thread is only 3 pages...

Originally Posted by APH

I enjoyed the album a lot, but like most of his albums, they're heavy in the front and fall-off towards the back end. 

Yeah, I would agree with this, somewhat. But I don't think the fall off is as drastic as it has been in the past. 
I mean, American Dream is near the end and that !%+% is as strong as anything he's done...

This album is bangs so much. Only song I'm not feeling is the !%+% with the animal noises. Everything else is a go. I even like the girl joints.

It seems he really tried to make a well rounded album here--political rap  (That's Life), inspirational (Follow Your Dreams), banger (Ready, Set, Go), Trap !%+% (song with Jeezy), introspective (So Glorious), braggadocio (Ric Flair)...y'all get the point.

And let me also say this: It's criminal how little this album is being talked about. Not in the streets of NY (not-surprising) or the Internet world (surprising). I mean, the major blogs barley mentioned it. I tried finding reviews and I could only find one. Hell, this thread is only 3 pages...

Bro "Animal" is the absolute definition of "that goes"
laugh.gif

I agree though he definitely tried to come very complete on this, I think ultimately it resulted in an album that's not touching I Pledge 2 but a very solid disc none the less.

My %!!!! will get my money.

At some point I think we have to start putting some of this blame on the artist.
I'm a HUGE Killer Mike fan, been waiting for this for years. I didn't even know it was actually coming out until a month ago. 

We got a Ready Set Go video stupid months back. I heard about the first release date (March something) many months ago. Nothing up until then. Album gets pushed back. Then we get a studio video on the Ready Set Go Remix. A couple weeks later we get Bang x 3, too bad the purpose is defeated if it comes out of nowhere. Then all of a sudden the highly anticipated fallow up to I Pledge Allegiance II the Grind is finally coming out.

It's like the best artist are immune to proactively building buzz. It's not that hard. I'm not trying to hear "every one's on trash !%!@ like Lil B and Wayne" excuse. No, those rappers put actually put in work, I mean smart, intelligent marketing work. 

Bro "Animal" is the absolute definition of "that goes"
laugh.gif

I agree though he definitely tried to come very complete on this, I think ultimately it resulted in an album that's not touching I Pledge 2 but a very solid disc none the less.

My %!!!! will get my money.

At some point I think we have to start putting some of this blame on the artist.
I'm a HUGE Killer Mike fan, been waiting for this for years. I didn't even know it was actually coming out until a month ago. 

We got a Ready Set Go video stupid months back. I heard about the first release date (March something) many months ago. Nothing up until then. Album gets pushed back. Then we get a studio video on the Ready Set Go Remix. A couple weeks later we get Bang x 3, too bad the purpose is defeated if it comes out of nowhere. Then all of a sudden the highly anticipated fallow up to I Pledge Allegiance II the Grind is finally coming out.

It's like the best artist are immune to proactively building buzz. It's not that hard. I'm not trying to hear "every one's on trash !%!@ like Lil B and Wayne" excuse. No, those rappers put actually put in work, I mean smart, intelligent marketing work. 

^ agreed

I came in here to say, I wish Killa would put out more material

I need an "educated villain" shirt

^ agreed

I came in here to say, I wish Killa would put out more material

I need an "educated villain" shirt

Yeah there was practically ZERO promo for this album, only reason I saw it came out was Twitter. Still bumping nonetheless
pimp.gif

God In The Building 2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Rick Flair
pimp.gif

American Dream
pimp.gif

so Glourious
pimp.gif

Players Lullaby
pimp.gif

Yeah there was practically ZERO promo for this album, only reason I saw it came out was Twitter. Still bumping nonetheless
pimp.gif

God In The Building 2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Rick Flair
pimp.gif

American Dream
pimp.gif

so Glourious
pimp.gif

Players Lullaby
pimp.gif

Went and copped today for $10 at best buy. Up to song 9 and it's just insane how nice he is, I've been saying for years that he's probably the best rapper in the south. If I was from the south, I'd rep this fool like he was my blood brother.

Went and copped today for $10 at best buy. Up to song 9 and it's just insane how nice he is, I've been saying for years that he's probably the best rapper in the south. If I was from the south, I'd rep this fool like he was my blood brother.

Back
Top Bottom